Dragon Kin (Filled!)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 07, 2011, 09:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Xanatos on August 09, 2011, 10:40:49 PM
I am going to have to withdraw my interest. The level of technology, akin to steampunk in a way turned me off. Good luck with the game.

It's fine that you withdraw your interest, good luck with your other games.

For everyone else, this is not a steam punk game. While it may feature anachronistic technology, which may remind someone of the Steampunk genre, as Xanatos has pointed out, it does not have a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, or art.  Admittedly, the Steam engine used in ships, was first patented in the 1820's by Benjamin Franklin Tibbets, and the Victorian era lasted from 1837 to 1901, so it was used during that period. But this game doesn't center on fantastical flying machines powered by steam.  Steam power, in the form of boilers used to power ships at sea, is basically the extent that you'd see it in this game.  This game isn't going to center on technology, I may mention it in a description, if they go to sea, but that's about it.

As for weapons, the earliest known reference made about guns were in the 1300's, although I'm sure they were around before that, and were made from brass, and it's been stipulated, in a few sources, that bell metal would have most likely been used.  So I just took that, and thought hell, why can't we have hand held guns. 

So I just wanted to clear this up for everyone else, who might find this game reminiscent of the steampunk genre, and find it a turn off, this isn't a game with a steampunk setting.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Also, reading a few of the character sheets submitted to me, has pointed out to me that I haven't announced how the Kin would have been approached to journey into the Northern Pass.

In this world, it's extremely rare for people to have been born with special abilities, almost unheard of.  But when it happens, people talk, and it get's around, because they are different from everyone else.  Some people may fear them, others just look at them oddly, but in a stronghold, on the brink of battle, those in charge would have known about said strange people being in their city.   So when it was suggested that a group of people be sent off to the Northern Pass, to journey to a place that only a group of religious leader believe exist, it was pretty much a widely agreed upon idea that sending the "odd," "suspicious" people away would be best.  But you don't have to add them being recruited in your bio's, since all that will be worked out when all the characters have been decided, and we're at a place to begin the game.  I hope this info helps everyone.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: wolventears on August 07, 2011, 10:16:49 PM
I would be interested, especially if the relationship between the gifted human and the humanoid dragon became romantic. I would like to play a female dragon.

Alrighty, so we only need Wolventears app to be submitted, and than I can make my decision about the dragons. 

We need two more human characters to start the game, I may allow three more, if we get enough interest.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

arikelillusion

i would like to plat a kin! =D this sound like a really good RP? do you still need a human female?
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: arikelillusion on August 10, 2011, 08:21:43 PM
i would like to plat a kin! =D this sound like a really good RP? do you still need a human female?

We do still need Dragon Kins of all sorts!  If you're interested, feel free to fill out a character sheet and submit it to me via PM.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

arikelillusion

thats great!! then i ll PM you!! yay!! i would like to be a dragon kin Pyrokinesis =P
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: arikelillusion on August 10, 2011, 08:41:27 PM
thats great!! then i ll PM you!! yay!! i would like to be a dragon kin Pyrokinesis =P

We actually already have a Kin character with that power submitted.  You're more than free to submit one with the same power, but I'll be choosing which one fits the game better, and only that one will be allowed into the game.

To make it easier for everyone, I'll list the color dragons that have been submitted for approval, along with the powers for the Kin characters that have been submitted.  Look for it in the first post of this thread.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Brittlby

I submitted a female kin with Telekinesis. If possible, I'm looking for a female dragon for her counterpart as well, once the sheet's approved and we can post/sift through the concepts.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Brittlby on August 10, 2011, 10:38:48 PM
I submitted a female kin with Telekinesis. If possible, I'm looking for a female dragon for her counterpart as well, once the sheet's approved and we can post/sift through the concepts.

I got it, and am about to read it Brit!  Thank you for the submission, and I'll make sure to PM you if I see something that needs to be fixed.  I'm sure there won't be a problem with finding a female dragon for her counterpart:) 

I also received Arikelillusion's character sheet, and I also want to thank you for sending me your submission. 

For everyone else, I updated the first post, so there is a list of all the colors that have been submitted(for dragons), and a list of powers submitted(for humans.)

I'd like to get a few more entries for female dragons, and male kins, before I sit down to make my decision, so that I have an even pool of genders to choose from.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 07, 2011, 10:29:47 PM
Oh yeah, I was definitely anticipating some human on dragon interactions, with a romantic tilt to it, although this isn't a necessity for the game.

Oh hell ya, DragonxHuman is jsut plain hot Anyone want some White Dragon loving? XD
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

CShades

Quote from: Karasu on August 11, 2011, 07:42:52 AM
Oh hell ya, DragonxHuman is jsut plain hot Anyone want some White Dragon loving? XD

I dunno! I think there should also be some human/human and dragon/dragon action. All in the name of Eggs. I mean.. gotta make new dragons somehow. PolytetraopenRelationships FTW.

*ducks*

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Envious Dreamer

This sounds intriguing, A mixture of many elements as well~
I've sent a PM using the layout provided, For Dragonkin.

Shall we make a wonderful dream together? ~  ღ

Karasu

Quote from: CShades on August 11, 2011, 08:24:12 AM
I dunno! I think there should also be some human/human and dragon/dragon action. All in the name of Eggs. I mean.. gotta make new dragons somehow. PolytetraopenRelationships FTW.

*ducks*

*high fives* Yes DragonxDragon is hotter still Woots tot he Dragon fans!

Kokaine

Yay for poly! *covers her mouth* I mean... damn I dun have a good cover for that one :-/
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

Hahahah you guys crack me up!

Quote from: Envious Dreamer on August 11, 2011, 11:23:02 AM
This sounds intriguing, A mixture of many elements as well~
I've sent a PM using the layout provided, For Dragonkin.

Thank you for showing your interest!  I'll get to reading your PM after I've made dinner for the family :D
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

ATTENTION

Alright, so my decision for who gets the Kin spots have been made, and let me tell you all, it wasn't a very easy decision to make!  I got so many wonderful submissions, that I literally hated the idea of saying no to anyone, but a decision had to be made.  Although there was one last minute twist, that even threw me a bit.  In order to choose who got the spots and who didn't, I made a system of assigning points.  And although it was extremely close between everyone, two people tied.  Deciding that both fit into the game perfectly, I decided to allow them both in.  So instead of the original four Kin spots, there will be five.  And the Dragon side will be adjusted, to allow five spots, as well.  For everyone else, I apologize that you didn't get it, I know it sucks, especially after going through all the trouble of creating a profile.  The fifth Kin character will be played by me.  So without further ado, those who will be playing Dragon Kin are:

• Arianna “Ari” Davenport played by Kokaine
  • Millicent Stokes played by Brittlby
  • Lyra Galiock played by Envious Dreamer
  • Toriss played by swordwind
  • Character Name played by undisclosedtoyou

I wanted to thank everyone who submitted a character for approval.  Now, for those of you who see your character, and user name in the list above, you'll want to go over your character sheet once more, make sure that all typo's are fixed, that everything is in order, I would have PM'ed you if something was wrong, and than post it in our Character Thread, HERE

What this means for the players who have applied for Dragon spots, is that we need at least one more Dragon character to be submitted, and than I'll be ready to announce who got those spots.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Dark Deception

Hm...you said one more Dragon needed? If so, I can fill the void. But then I read something about Humans needed. I feel a little confused.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Envious Dreamer

Quote from: Dark Deception on August 12, 2011, 08:43:53 AM
Hm...you said one more Dragon needed? If so, I can fill the void. But then I read something about Humans needed. I feel a little confused.

It's simply due too Undisclosed changing the Topic title yet it retains its previous title when you read over previous posts, As of now we are in need of a dragon, that's all it seems.

Undisclosed will explain it further if needed x3

Shall we make a wonderful dream together? ~  ღ

Dark Deception

Thank you for clarifying. I'll send her an application. If someone already has before me, then it's all good.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Dark Deception on August 12, 2011, 08:43:53 AM

Quote from: Envious Dreamer on August 12, 2011, 08:46:23 AM
It's simply due too Undisclosed changing the Topic title yet it retains its previous title when you read over previous posts, As of now we are in need of a dragon, that's all it seems.

Undisclosed will explain it further if needed x3

Oh yes, it's just as Envy has said(hope you don't mind the nickname Envious.)  Sometimes my OCD will make me go and change each post's topic line to match the main one, but since I can't go in and do other people's post's I make a point of just leaving it alone lol.  So yes, we are looking for at least one more Dragon submission, and not human ones. 

Also, Thank you Dark, I've gotten your character sheet, and I've sent you a reply PM.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

ATTENTION

Alright, so my decision for who gets the Dragon spots have been made, and let me tell you all, it wasn't a very easy decision to make!  I got so many wonderful submissions, and I want to thank every single one of you who took the time to fill one out, and send it out to me.  So without further ado, those who will be playing Dragon Kin are:

• Forgotten played by CShades
  • Ehr'gurthran'j played by Phantasmatical
  • Anishal Silveris played by bubby
  • Cocanth played by Karasu
  • Nomed played by Dark Deception

Now, for those of you who see your character, and username in the list above, you'll want to go over your character sheet once more, make sure that all typo's are fixed, that everything is in order, I would have PM'ed you if something was wrong, and than post it in our Character Thread, HERE, and feel free to chatter in the OOC thread, HERE.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

I told you his name's Cocanth!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Karasu on August 13, 2011, 05:39:07 PM
I told you his name's Cocanth!

I plead sleepiness!  But but, watch, it's fixed!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's