Things you do not want as Christmas present

Started by Nico, December 08, 2011, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

So, yes, as the topic says...

Personally, I do not like sex toys or Adult movies are Christmas presents. As much as I like sex toys or movies, I wouldn't want to find those underneath the Christmas tree.

Socks are pretty much out of the question, too, or underwear.

Type70item

Books, because my reading tastes are pretty much a mystery to my friends, and I feel really bad when somebody gets me a bad book and I have to pretend I love it

Breathless Intent

Kitschy Christmas things....Like a deck of Christmas themed cards or a Santa cup. Its the worst time to get that stuff because you just have to pack it away at the end of the day anyway!

Kazuume

I do not want a sweater with Santa's puss on it!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly."
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@
     ~Kill me slowly, so through the pain, I will know I have lived.~

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences
Stalled out stories: Dragon Familiar ~ Loki

Story Tale

Rinzler

No more driving lesson vouchers, please!!! I've come close to killing  both myself and and a number of driving instructors numerous times, and I think the law of averages would be against me by now...

Mordred

Packets of powdered flavored coffee. *cringes*
*See Pillory*

Breathless Intent

Oh that sounds good, Mordred...Would you like to exchange for some Santa figures?

Mordred

Breathless, how can I resist? I don't suppose you have any Snoopy's in that Santa collection? :)
*See Pillory*

Breathless Intent

Sadly no...but I can draw you a Snoopy Santa! ....though it might not look anything like poor Snoopy.

Kendra

perfume
scented soaps
manicure sets

to be honest I don't get any of these any more ... the last year I did, I rewrapped them and sent them back to my sisters as birthday presents during the year and the following Christmas I got gift vouchers for a book store and a record store  ;D
I wouldn't have thought to do that but it's what my sisters do most years to pressies they don't like, they just regurgitate them during the year

last year I got a goat which was ruddy awesome  ;D
(global gift )

Mordred

Nooooo neck ties! While I love my alien tie and my Peanuts tie (seriously).. I rarely have a need.. and I'm just not a tie sorta thing.
*See Pillory*

Breathless Intent

Quote from: Kendra on December 08, 2011, 06:58:48 PM
last year I got a goat which was ruddy awesome  ;D
(global gift )

That's amazing, Kendra! I've gotten similar presents for my mother in law who is so sweet and never wants anything for herself. I will probably do so again this year, now that you've reminded me :)

As for me...No more clothes...No one ever gets me what I'd actually wear so I feel bad faking enthusiasm over them.

Anesa

No family portraits in cheesy frames!  Please!  I mean, is that really a gift??  It's bad enough we have to sit and look at you for a few hours on Christmas morning as the families are gathered around the tree opening up presents.  And I'm certainly not going to hang your mugs on my wall. ;P   It will be put in a box with the other dozen or so pictures you've given as a presents each year, or, I'll recycle the frame and put someone pretty in it.  ;P  (I'm so bad!!!!) 

Mordred

*See Pillory*

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Observing Trifles

Candles.

Fancy candles only make good presents for people who really like candles, or people you wouldn't ordinarily shop for but have to in accordance with proper decorum. Like when you know you'll run into the person at a Christmas party and don't want to appear rude by not presenting that person with a gift.

Otherwise, candles are just bad presents.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Lilias

Bland, 'inoffensive' things. By all means, do get me a silk scarf. I may not wear them, but I like them nonetheless (and tie them on my handbags, on occasion). But beige? Who on earth would like a beige accessory? Accessories are meant to jazz things up!

Home accessories. Keep those for the wedding anniversary, please. This present is for me alone.

Imitation perfume. If you can't get the real thing (which can be ridiculously expensive, so I totally understand), don't get it at all.

Nail polish. You've only ever seen me wear clear polish, you should have taken the hint long ago.

Hot chocolate sets. Ugly mugs and useless accessories. I love my hot chocolate, but I don't want, much less have to serve it that way.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Samael

No.
Clothes.
Just no.

I can buy my own clothes.
Don't even think about buying me some pants, sweater, or whatever.
Just. Don't!
EVER!
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

I dont know

oohh man i hate sweaters too. Grandma always knits them for me in christmas. i wear them only when im extremely freezing and only in my house.... >.>

olive

Quote from: Lilias on December 09, 2011, 04:13:33 AM
Bland, 'inoffensive' things. By all means, do get me a silk scarf. I may not wear them, but I like them nonetheless (and tie them on my handbags headboard, on occasion).

*fixed

I don't like getting lingerie or bras and panties from family members. Geeze, I'm old enough to buy my own underwear!

Breathless Intent

Novelty type gifts. I have a friend who knows I love vampires so he got me this cheesy vampire book that has just random glossy pics of vampires from movies and some random quotes and inserts. Oh, and a Twilight puzzle....*Sigh*

Mordred

<--- detests cheesy vampire stuff.. how dare they!

Any fine bottles of alcohol. Ohhh, wait.. this is a 'do not want' list..
Hmm..

Lego! While I used to love it.. I've outgrown it. Unless it's a space station.. I'm ok with that.
*See Pillory*

Breathless Intent

Quote from: Mordred on December 09, 2011, 12:07:26 PM
Any fine bottles of alcohol. Ohhh, wait.. this is a 'do not want' list..

That reminds me! No wine, please...I just gave away about 10 bottles of wine that I had been gifted by various people. I know that most people would love a nice bottle, but I just don't drink it so it goes unappreciated by me. I'd prefer a bottle of sparking cider, hehe..I know I'm probably lame.