Wolves of the Sea - Viking Era Vampire: The Dark Ages

Started by Oneiros, June 12, 2013, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eBadger

I suspect I'll end up with a female simply because all the decent pics I can find are feminine. 

Waffling between many concepts atm, kinda need to flesh them all out and see which one works the best.  (edit:updated)

1. Toreador Varangian 'nobility' with Byzantine polish, either fleeing something or seeking to carve out her own desmesne (or both)
2. Gangrel nearly feral nightmare-in-the-darkness, fun image but lacking much depth currently
3. Ventrue Christian missionary, the lone survivor of a group sent to convert heathens

Probably #1, I think. 

Pumpkin Seeds

A female Brujah is pretty much where I'll be I believe.  Just trying to get the flavor and background right in my head before setting things down in writing.

Lockepick

Quote from: Fedora on June 14, 2013, 11:58:52 PM
I like the enchanting ability he has.

Yeah! We were talking about whether the Sun destroyed just the enchantment, or the whole weapon. Then I found lots of myth about how the Dwarves/Dvergar were destroyed by the sun and went with it.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Oneiros

Quote from: lockepick on June 15, 2013, 05:16:57 PM
Yeah! We were talking about whether the Sun destroyed just the enchantment, or the whole weapon. Then I found lots of myth about how the Dwarves/Dvergar were destroyed by the sun and went with it.

I think it works well. And I like the idea of vampiric enchantments that crumble in the sunlight... ooh, maybe some of the more powerful ones also require to be bathed in blood occasionally to keep it potent.

Quote from: eBadger on June 15, 2013, 01:00:18 AM
Probably #1, I think. 

I love the idea of a Toreador in the group, whether it ends up male, female, or non-gender binary. I know I said I had a soft spot for Malkavians and Tzimisce already, but Toreador are definitely right up there with them. Those three are probably my top favorites. Though I will say the idea of a Christian Ventrue ending up amongst them is also very interesting.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 15, 2013, 02:13:43 AM
A female Brujah is pretty much where I'll be I believe.  Just trying to get the flavor and background right in my head before setting things down in writing.

I also love the idea of a hot-blooded Brujah in the mix. I love warrior viking women. ;)

Madriv

Oneiros

bubby

ME!!!

Omg me... I could indeed join as a human (shieldmaiden) and be taken into a Clan. Gangrel maybe?

Oneiros

Welcome aboard! ;D Glad to have you. We definitely have some Gangrel, there may be other clans joining the fray as well.

bubby

Sweeeeeeet.

Now wait a sec... you mentioned this being a sausage-fest (not that I mind!  ::) ) but if I make a female char will she even fit in at this point?

Kevben Battleheart

Damn lol. I probably shouldn't be doing this, but you have combined two things that have intersted me; my love of the Norse and my intrest in WoD (of which I know nothing of but always wanted to get into.) Consider me cautiously interested at the moment.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Oneiros

Welcome! We'd be glad to have you along for the ride if you decide to join us. ;)

Something struck me that I wanted to clarify, also (added this to the first post so new people will see it):

This game will not be 100% centered around sex - I do want there to be story and adventure and whatnot - but let's face it, Vikings screwed almost anything that was slow enough for them to catch. It's definitely gonna happen, and I encourage everyone to have fun with it, because I sure will. ;)

bubby

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: bubby on June 15, 2013, 08:28:58 PM
KEV!

*Pounce*

Join!
Lol chances are I will, but y'all are gonna need to bear with me as I know nothing of WoD, so I'll have to do some research.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

bubby

Quote from: Kevben Battleheart on June 15, 2013, 08:31:42 PM
Lol chances are I will, but y'all are gonna need to bear with me as I know nothing of WoD, so I'll have to do some research.

Me either hun. I'm making a human to begin with. To tone down your research, simply look up what the acceptable Clans are like, personality wise. I personally, due to how my chars tend to be, lean towards Gangrel with female chars, and LaSombra or Gangrel for male chars.

Oneiros

If there's anything you want help with, or want some information on, feel free to ask. ;)

It might be easiest to roll a human, with the option of becoming a vampire later, if you're unfamiliar with the game. Of course, it'll limit your choice of clan somewhat, though there may be NPCs from other clans later that could broaden your choice.

bubby

Madriv

Nosferatu idea bubbling up. No "willing" viking booty for me.  ;)

Oneiros

There's always Obfuscate. ;D

I'm re-watching Vikings for inspiration. Mmmm, Rollo. >.>

Blythe

Quote from: Madmartigan on June 15, 2013, 09:12:08 PM
Nosferatu idea bubbling up. No "willing" viking booty for me.  ;)

*collapses into a happy Bly puddle at the idea of a Nos character in the group*

*has a terrible obsession strong liking for Nos*

bubby

Blythe

Quote from: bubby on June 15, 2013, 09:17:42 PM
Lol.. seriously! Will I be the only female in the group?

Pumpkin Seeds should hopefully be making a female vamp of the Brujah clan.  :-)

Oneiros

I told you it was a sausage fest. Again, not complaining... ;)

Madriv

Quote from: Blythe on June 15, 2013, 09:15:40 PM*has a terrible obsession strong liking for Nos*

So what it is that grabs you about them? Gimme character fodder.

eBadger was talking about making a girlie Toreador. (Was that redundant?  :P )

Oneiros

Nosferatu are like vampire ninjas! They're spies and thieves, masters of disguise, a wolf in sheep's clothing. ;)

Blythe

Quote from: Madmartigan on June 15, 2013, 09:21:55 PM
So what it is that grabs you about them? Gimme character fodder.

Probably the fact that any character interactions with Nosferatu can't be just appearance based (all hail clan weaknesses). There's got to be some fire, some banter, something genuine to build on, and of course, Nosferatu that specialize in Obfuscate have a very "now you see me...now you don't" sort of allure to them.

Always thought that a Nos with Obfuscate could be one hell of a trickster. Their level 3 Obfuscate power lets them essentially wear anyone's face/appearance like an illusion--it makes me think of Loki and his ties to the more monstrous races, like trolls and giants.