The Harrows (A tale of Horror and incest. Interest check)

Started by Prince Truhan, January 05, 2015, 02:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Truhan

This is the story of a family that goes on vacation to a cabin called "The Harrows".

The setting: The cabin, and the surrounding woods, are haunted by evil spirits. Unlike your usual run of the mill evil spirits, these ones only act by influencing those present in the area. There aren't eerie noises, or screams late at night, people staying in the cabin however might find themselves acting with less restrain than usual, and many strange things happen by what seems to be chance.

The goal of the spirits is to both keep the family from leaving, and to get all of them to act on their darkest desires.

As far as how this is written, the spirits won't be a character by themselves, but will rather show in the family members' mental state or by coincidences, like a door that fails to open at the right time, lack of cellphone service that keeps a significant other from reaching someone or perhaps that road everyone was sure led back to the city somehow ends up leading back to the cabin.

The characters: I'm looking for flawed characters, ones that offer something the spirits can corrupt. Maybe your character has low self confidence, or maybe a desire for attention, or a hidden submissive/dominant side.

As the influence of the spirits takes hold your character will find the way they act to be more in accordance to your hidden cravings or your flaw. This can be quick or gradual, depends on how you want it to go. Maybe your character desires attention and suddenly begins to wear more revealing clothes, or makes sure to get caught doing something bad so they get in trouble.

We now have the father, the mother, and 3 sons and 2 daughters. This is still open for recruitment and will take extended family, and ideas for non-related characters.

[Sample character concept, that I hope makes things clearer]For instance, I will play the father, he'll be a former self made business man that had all the confidence in the world. After some bad luck he ended up having to sell his business and take a job with the company that bought what he had worked so hard to make, this demolished his view of himself and he hasn't been the same ever since.

Upon arriving to the cabin, he will show a significant increase in his self confidence, and will also show a dominant and authoritative streak his family has never seen. He will also find himself lusting for his daughter/s and won't be shy about acting on it.

The change in him will be significant and quick, both because he craved to change, and because it dwells on some traits he already possessed.

Updates:

1st Update: Christa McGinn has been appointed Co-Gm

2nd Update: With enough people interested is time to flesh out characters. Post them here so others can see and get inspired, if any kinks come up we'll work them out, and you can always send a PM to ask things.

3rd Update: Added existing threads to this post. The game will begin soon, but recruitment will still be open.

4th Update: Game started

Name:

Role: Father, Oldest Daughter, Middle Son, etc...

Player:

Secret Flaw: The vice or secret desire that the spirits can exploit.

Appearance:

Character Model: No drawings please. Real people. If you need help, you can check Christa's Model Thread in her signature.

Personality:

Relationship to Family: This family isn't necessarily happy, but here you can put how your character gets along with different members of the family...and possibly any specific history you and the other players work out.

History:

ONs and OFFs:

Definite Limits: Stuff you specifically don't want to happen in this game.

And the code:

[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]PICTURE URL[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Role:[/b] Father, Oldest Daughter, Middle Son, etc...

[b]Player:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Secret Flaw:[/b] The vice or secret desire that the spirits can exploit.

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Character Model:[/b] No drawings please. Real people. If you need help, you can check Christa's Model Thread in her signature.

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Relationship to Family:[/b] This family isn't necessarily happy, but here you can put how your character gets along with different members of the family...and possibly any specific history you and the other players work out.

[b]History:[/b]

[b]ONs and OFFs:[/b]

[b]Definite Limits:[/b] Stuff you specifically don't want to happen in this game.

Existing Threads:

Character thread

OOC Thread

IC thread

Prince Truhan

As far as a male playing a female I would consider it if it was the exception rather than the rule, as I would prefer most female characters to be played by female players. So I'm not saying no, just let me see who else wants to join.

I will point out since I noticed I neglected to in the first post that I will only allow characters aged 18 and up.

Your idea works, and I could imagine her finding revealing clothes that happen to fit her perfectly that were left in the room she chose.

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

Prince Truhan

Welcome both, who knew getting flagged could be a good thing?

Any questions you have please ask, since it will help me flesh things out more.

Also a brief announcement: Christa Mcginn will be helping me by co-gming this, and will also be playing one of the daughters.

Clio

I'll be helping PT out, and playing one of the daughters. Probably the oldest one. Hope to see lots of interest. :)
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Letrixia

i am in and maybe play one of the youngest family daughters?

Prince Truhan

That's certainly possible, if you have an idea for what sort of character you would like to make please share it

Letrixia

Perhaps a hidden sadomasoquist with submissive tendencies?

Prince Truhan

That can work. I think with that "flaw" (that's the term until someone comes up with something better) the interesting thing is about how her tendencies wake up and how long it takes them to show

Letrixia

Perhaps she can put nipple clamps on her nipples and neather lips and walk around the house naked. Or find stuff to hit herself with

Clio

I know mine will be a definite masochist. And she'll want to be really dominated almost constantly. Possibly even fight back so she can be 'raped.'

Scribbles

Would there be space for another daughter, a perfectionist who can also be a bit of a control freak?
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Prince Truhan

That's an interesting idea for a character, and yes there is

Scribbles

Nice, I'm keen on joining then!

To elaborate further, she can be the sort that's exceptionally aware of her surroundings and so easily toyed with, tricked or led, especially seeing as she has a compulsion to correct any defects or flaws. She's also the type who can't handle the thought of being helpless, she NEEDS to be in control.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Clio

GnothiSeauton

I may have an idea for a guy...

I'm going to think and polish up the idea and post it here.  Not too sure if it would be good or not at present.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Clio

This is the code for the CS:

[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]PICTURE URL[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Role:[/b] Father, Oldest Daughter, Middle Son, etc...

[b]Player:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Secret Flaw:[/b] The vice or secret desire that the spirits can exploit.

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Character Model:[/b] No drawings please. Real people. If you need help, you can check Christa's Model Thread in her signature.

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Relationship to Family:[/b] This family isn't necessarily happy, but here you can put how your character gets along with different members of the family...and possibly any specific history you and the other players work out.

[b]History:[/b]

[b]ONs and OFFs:[/b]

[b]Definite Limits:[/b] Stuff you specifically don't want to happen in this game.

Name:

Role: Father, Oldest Daughter, Middle Son, etc...

Player:

Secret Flaw: The vice or secret desire that the spirits can exploit.

Appearance:

Character Model: No drawings please. Real people. If you need help, you can check Christa's Model Thread in her signature.

Personality:

Relationship to Family: This family isn't necessarily happy, but here you can put how your character gets along with different members of the family...and possibly any specific history you and the other players work out.

History:

ONs and OFFs:

Definite Limits: Stuff you specifically don't want to happen in this game.

Truhan will put this in the opening thread soon, but if you want to go ahead and make a CS before that, feel free. :)

Prince Truhan

I updated the first post with the character sheet. As I said there if you finish yours before I have mine the family name is Torrance.

Also post your sheets here so that others might be inspired by them, and feel free to ask anything.

Pockets

I'll play the oldest brother who has controlling tendencies and a normally controlled sadistic and almost abusive personality.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Prince Truhan

Name: Stephen Torrance

Role: Father

Player: Prince Truhan

Secret Flaw: Stephen misses the passion and the control of his life he felt when he was younger. As the spirits influence him, he will become authoritative, controlling, and even cruel.

Appearance: When he works Stephen usually wears a suit. He keeps his facial hair tidy, although lately he has been slacking on that which shows his distressed mental state. That will change when he arrives at "The Harrows"

Character Model: David Gandy

Personality: He used to be passionate and driven, when that fire left him he became duller and more relaxed. Upon arriving his demeanor will change almost instantly, his passion will return and be increased, he will also be very stern with all the members of his family and will keep a close eye on all of them.

Relationship to Family: Lately Stephen hasn't been paying much attention to his family and his relationship with most of them have suffered because of that.

History: Stephen worked hard all of his life, that started to pay off when his business took off. During those golden years he got married and started a wonderful and numerous family. He was always glad that he could provide most everything they wanted and not just what they needed.

Things changed when some bad luck made his competition gain ground and his company to stop making money, in the end he had to sell just to pay the debts it generated. He was fortunate enough to land a job in the place that bought what he had built, however the whole ordeal destroyed his confidence in himself and he hasn't been the same since.

He feels guilty in not being able to provide for his family like he used to, and that is part of why he jumped at the chance of them having this trip to the woods, he hopes something can change for the better.

ONs and OFFs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=36799

Definite Limits: Permanent injury, death

GnothiSeauton

Gah...

I'm really, really sorry to have to do this, because it looks positively fucking awesome, and something I've wanted to do for a little bit, but I think I'm going to have to withdraw my interest.  I'm just having a difficult time figuring out a character that could work, and won't be so similar to others with their flaws as well as not too freaky or out there for some.

I might be back, and I'll definitely be checking it out, but I just don't know if what little I have and struggled with would be a good fit.

Seeking New Stories

Prince Truhan

Well so far there is one CS complete, so there is not many characters to be similar too. Also too freaky or out there don't sound bad to me.

If you are up for it we could probably brainstorm a character that can work. I know you are a talented writer so I would really like for you to play in this.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Prince Truhan on January 06, 2015, 10:09:11 PM
Well so far there is one CS complete, so there is not many characters to be similar too. Also too freaky or out there don't sound bad to me.

If you are up for it we could probably brainstorm a character that can work. I know you are a talented writer so I would really like for you to play in this.

I've got a little bit of an idea, but I didn't know if it would sit right with others, and might be a deterrent to others seeking a more lighter story...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
What I had in mind was, since there seems to be a large interest in female characters, a male character with dark thoughts and desires.  To call him a sadist would be putting it lightly.  He, in private, has thoughts of causing immense pain, and torturing, possibly to the point of death.  I thought that maybe he's secretly killed a stray animal or two, but that was it, and has tried to repress the dark thoughts in his mind.

I just, didn't want to scare people off.  I have noticed that, from the few interested in playing males, they're looking to do more aggressive and dominating men once they're corrupted, I guess to say, by the spirits and entities.  I just didn't want to do something that felt similar in a sense.

Seeking New Stories

Clio

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on January 06, 2015, 10:19:34 PM
I've got a little bit of an idea, but I didn't know if it would sit right with others, and might be a deterrent to others seeking a more lighter story...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
What I had in mind was, since there seems to be a large interest in female characters, a male character with dark thoughts and desires.  To call him a sadist would be putting it lightly.  He, in private, has thoughts of causing immense pain, and torturing, possibly to the point of death.  I thought that maybe he's secretly killed a stray animal or two, but that was it, and has tried to repress the dark thoughts in his mind.

I just, didn't want to scare people off.  I have noticed that, from the few interested in playing males, they're looking to do more aggressive and dominating men once they're corrupted, I guess to say, by the spirits and entities.  I just didn't want to do something that felt similar in a sense.

I have a feeling there will be a few 'similar' vices, and that's to be expected. For example, there might be a girl who wants to submit in BDSM, but I'm going to make my girl a true masochist. Similar to Portia in a way, but she won't receive the same amount of pleasure. She will take anything a sadist or Dom can bring, and beg for more. At least, eventually. So yours is a more extreme version of a hidden Dom, just like mine will be an extreme hidden sub. I think that your character sounds awesome, but I like sadists... *blushes*

Truhan and I can get VERY extreme, so this game will be in the extreme section. We can just use warning labels if some of the players are disturbed by it...lol. So you have two really extreme GMs, Gnothi. I think we'll be fine with it. ;)

And like he said, I really hope you join.