News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Villain Roleplay: Defining a Villain (Villain and liveobsessed)

Started by liveobsessed, December 10, 2010, 08:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

He listened to her story, nodding at points to show that he understood. When she finished he sat in silence before smiling just a little, "You've just broken your rule." He spoke, he didn't sound as if he was making fun of her or relishing in the success of managing to pry part of her life story from her lips, instead he sounded more like he was warning her, "Are you really ok with me knowing that? I could use that info to find out everything about you, you understand that don't you?" He asked before draining his cup of the last drops of espresso.

liveobsessed

Maria cursed herself for dropping her guard so far as to tell him that. She looked toward the door and watched a couple come in and flirt as they ordered coffee. After a moment of watching them, she turned her attention back to Moros. "I would invite you to try, though seeing how you found me, I'm sure that in time you would find the single thread that ties it all together." She watched as the couple took their drinks and left, laughing about something or another. The sight weighed heavy on her heart as she remembered when she once had someone to laugh with. The rumors were right; she was lonely. Unbearably so. However, if she did not stay that way, someone else would end up paying for her decisions.
Realizing that she'd left her face unguarded, her emotions displayed freely, she collected herself and sat upright. "I'm sorry, but I should go. I'm in desperate need of some rest, and there is still much to prepare."
You're not forcing me; I get off in the fight.

Villain

"That sounds like an interesting challenge." He spoke with a cheeky grin before watching the couple enter. Ah relationships, he thought to himself with some glee. They were such funny things, a union of people that were always better off when they were alone, but yet for some reason the relationship would always have more importance than the individual. He could understand it all if there was something to get out of it that was actually profitable. In his experiences, relationships were short lived simply because he didn't understand where the promise of eternal happyness was going to come into it.

The thought made him chuckle, he had been tempted to make a joke at how silly the whole thing was...then he saw the look on Maria's face. A moment of pure weakness, an unguarded moment that he could fully take advantage of. He would be able to break her if he just used the right words.

"You don't have to." Moros spoke his voice sounding quiet and soft.

liveobsessed

The words came with such an unexpected softness that she almost thought someone else had said them. It occured to her, that he noticed her moment of weakness, and she cursed herself again. Something was wrong today. Something terribly wrong. "True. I don't have to," she said, her voice loosing the strength it possessed earlier. "But I should." A thickness had begun to build up in her throat, blood pounded in her head, and a familiar fever crept over her. She didn't understand what was happening, until she remembered the extra-extra shot that she had requested out of anger. Her body wasn't handling the extra caffeine well.

Villain

"Have I offended you?" Moros spoke but then instantly wondered what that had to do with anything. Why on earth would he worry that she could hold him in a negative light, half the city held him in a negative light, what was one more person to the mix? "I mean, if I'm distracting you, if this is an inconvenience, please don't feel pressured to stay."

liveobsessed

Such an absurd question. Maria attempted to comprehend just what he was saying, but the buzzing in her head was too loud. Placing her head in her hands, she cursed herself for drinking so much caffeine on so little sleep. She had not slept since their original meeting, almost two days ago. There was so much to do though, she couldn't afford to fail. She suddenly wanted to know what exactly Moros wanted from her, and the caffeine high that was coursing through her destroyed her eloquence, and her self-control. With a rising anger she demanded, "What the fuck do you want from me? I accepted the job, that should be good enough." She looked at him eye-to-eye, unaware that her eyes were dilating, showing that something was wrong.

Villain

"I want to figure you out." He replied firmly as he met her eyes, noting the dilated pupils in her eyes. So she had been avoiding asleep and now she was paying for it. He shook his head before lying back in his seat, "I want to know why you went down the path of destruction, it's easy to see in the other two, but you? You look like someone who's afraid of the world. Covering yourself with secrets so that nothing can hurt you and when something does rattle you, you take it out on drink or coffee to make it look like you have some composure."

liveobsessed

He was beginning to frustrate her again. Pushing her chair back from the table she gave him a cold look, "That's useless information. You'd best spend your time doing something more productive." She stood up, needing to use the table to support herself as the room began to spin like a merry go round. "How I deal with things is none of your business," she declared. Attempting to walk back to her table, she ended up tripping over nothing. She quickly pulled herself together, got up, and made it to her table, walking like a drunk the entire time. Her thoughts were barely coherent as she logged on to her computer and began to do her normal routine of clearing all traces of where she'd been.

Villain

Moros sighed before kicking out against the the side of the table. Luckily he was sat in the one office chair that the cafe seemed to own. He wondered why on earth someone would be so lazy as to buy enough standard chairs for all of the computers besides one. As he kicked off he rolled across the floor, gliding past tables until eventually he slowed down and stopped next to Maria's side, "You look a mess." He said simply as he looked at her.

liveobsessed

Maria snorted, "Wonderful powers of observation." Her headache was getting worse, and hands were beginning to shake. -Such a fool. Making yourself so vulnerable.- she scolded herself. Closing her eyes, she rested her head against the computer monitor trying to relieve the pain a little.

Villain

"Go to sleep, I'll finish up." He spoke before glancing at the screen her forehead rested against. He took one look at it and then nodded, "Your doing the bank layouts. I can finish the rest of the hacking for you, it's no problem." He spoke as he read the lines of code and pages of research that she had in front of her face.

liveobsessed

He was being too nice. She didn't understand his motives at all. What was so special about her that he wanted to 'figure her out'? Out of everyone she knew, she always disappointed them. She wasn't 'big, bad, and evil'. In reality she was falling apart, no matter how composed she was on her computer. "I don't need your kindness," she paused for a moment, unsure if she'd actually say what she was thinking next. "I appreciate the offer though."

Villain

He watched her for a moment suspiciously before nodding, "You know why I don't crack the whip on my associates?" He asked her casually but didn't wait for an answer as he leaned back in the office chair, "Well, unless its absolutely necessary I don't see the point, I don't pick slackers and of course a general rule of any job is an unhealthy employee equals bad results." He said as his eyes drifted to the floor for a moment as if something more interesting was there, "So...guess what I'm saying is don't crack. That would disapoint me.".

liveobsessed

-What's one more person.- she thought to herself. With a blank face she collected her papers and put them in her bag. As she finished wiping the computer clean of any information, she asked, "What makes you think that I'll crack? I'm just not feeling well at the moment is all. There's no need for concern." She had regained control of herself, although her head was still pounding, and she couldn't stop shaking.

Villain

"I've seen people crack. Not going into too much detail as about how I saw them but I've seen what people do before they break." He spoke as he watched her, now more focused on her than the computer. He could see the shaking and could imagine the pain in her head by watching her wince, "They always say they won't before they fall."

liveobsessed

She smirked as she finished removing the last trace of her presence on the computer. Standing up and placing her bag over her shoulder, she said, "I assure you, when I break, it will not be before this job is done. You won't have to see it, or have anything to do with it." The room was spinning again, but this time she was controlling herself. No more foolish out breaks, no matter how badly they seemed necessary.

Villain

He was quiet as he examined her. She seemed sure of herself, perhaps she really could last through the entire plan. Perhaps she wouldn't jeopardise everything. Perhaps she would impress him beyond his wildest desires.

"Here." He spoke before pulling out a black card and offering it to her, "Put it in water when you want to talk. I know you have my number, but this is one of my private numbers. It goes directly to me.".

liveobsessed

She fought a look of surprise. Why would he give her such a number. She took the card carefully, and placed it in the top of her shirt, securely in her bra. "Thank you. I should be going though. Someone is waiting for me." She nodded to him before picking up her empty mug and placed it on the tray. "Bye Matt, see you tomorrow," she waved before leaving the shop. While walking to the bus stop she prayed that she would never have to meet him outside of 'work' again.

Villain

"Goodbye Maria enjoy your night." He called after her before turning back to the computer she had worked at. He stared at the screen with an anxious look in his eye. Only moments ago Maria had been sat typing up her work to the point where it almost made her drop. He couldn't help but wonder if there was more to her efforts than just the plan.

SYSTEM OVER RIDE, RECLAIMING INFORMATION IN TWO MINUTES

In a few mere taps of the keyboard Maria's work began to reload. In a few minutes he would find out everything he wanted to know. He would be able to see everything she had seen.

ONE MINUTE

Then he saw it; the unguarded look of wearyness on Maria's face. The one moment of total weakness in which he could have destroyed her.

OPERATION ABORTED

"God damn it." He muttered as he lay back in his chair and pushed off the table surface with the balls of his feet. A few people let out a cry of surprise as he soared past and almost knocked them over. He eventually stopped as he reached the other side of the room. His head turned to look out the door where he could just make out Maria in the street in front of them. He felt confused, more confused than he had his entire life. Just what bothered him when he looked at her?