Your Avatar and what it says about you.

Started by Sherona, June 02, 2008, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Out of morbid curiosity, I tracked it down to a comic page on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/tranquileye/8763833/sizes/o/ (registration needed) - what you don't see is that The Hulk was actually responsible for parting the Red Sea.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Xilos

I always thought those bouncing Faeries were cute, and once I came to E many years ago I just had to see if a topless one existed.  Finding none, I decided to create my own, and thus the topless bouncing Faery was born.  I took it down as my avatar for a while unsure if it was allowed by the site rules, but recently I've been told it is, and thus the topless Faery is back in action.  So in short, I like it because I think it's cute and because I have something of a bond with it, since I took the time to draw/color/animate it.

Stattick

Quote from: Oniya on February 27, 2009, 08:08:20 AM
Out of morbid curiosity, I tracked it down to a comic page on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/tranquileye/8763833/sizes/o/ (registration needed) - what you don't see is that The Hulk was actually responsible for parting the Red Sea.

Many people do not realize that the Torah was written without vowals. Since the original Hebrew priests were all killed, and the religion had to be "rebuilt", there are some places where what we think of as the cannon is just the best guess of people over the last few thousand years. Sometimes, one can even find Rabbis fighting about which translation is the correct one.

Me, I'm with the somewhat unorthodox Rabbanical theory that it was actually the Red Sea pictured below that The Hulk parted, and that the shockwaves happened to have some interesting effects on some local bodies of water. Others think that it might have been The Reed Sea that he parted, but I do not think that Sue Reed would have been able to survive the encounter.

O/O   A/A

MusicNeverDies

I got this one because a good friend suggested that losing a cartoon for my avatar could get me some more interest... plus. ... Come on. Come on, check her out. I just like an avatar I can stare at while waiting for reply

Bliss

You say that and it tempts me to change my avatar to a certain ballerina picture I really enjoy...
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MusicNeverDies

Oh ballerina dresses are nice. I have a ballerina-esque dress in my closet from my prom. Probably still fits... *eyes it*

If not your avatar, at least show it to me? :P

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Lavender

Mine says, quite simply, that to me there's nothing sexier than being wanted and needed.  Being undressed and kissed and...  Well, you get the idea.
I'm feeling a little bit better!  I might not post with the frequency I used to for awhile, but at least I'm not as bad as I was.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Turn me on/Turn me off and find a list of the games I'm lucky enough to write in as well.

Literary Longings

"Goin' on a year now, and I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!" --Kaylee

"Tell me I'm pretty, Wash." "Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion." "Cause I'm pretty?" "Cause you're pretty." --Kaylee & Wash

Bliss

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on March 05, 2009, 03:36:37 PM
Oh ballerina dresses are nice. I have a ballerina-esque dress in my closet from my prom. Probably still fits... *eyes it*

If not your avatar, at least show it to me? :P

Xana posted it in his inspirational pictures thread... :)
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

WyldRanger

Quote from: Bliss on March 10, 2009, 01:10:22 PM
Xana posted it in his inspirational pictures thread... :)

*nods* Only because you sent it to me!  ;)

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Amberghylles

I picked mine when I came to E long long ago...

It's the Pip Boy from Fallout, back before there was any real talk of a Fallout 3.

I picked this one because I happen to be fond of boat drinks, and there was a certain mad playfulness of sipping a drink while ignoring the fire...

I've thought about finding a new one, but this one's rather comfortable and broken in. 

Andy

Mine says.. you like kittens and playing the Piano.:

Thats me in a Nutshell!
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

Duchess

i swear with blood too be your secret ......... 

Primarch

Mine says...I'm a space man, with a sword....feel my futuristic wrath. Although I'm sure I'd be shot many times before my sword reached said person to feel wrath.

MHaji

My avatar is from the poster for Frankenstein. I'm not sure what that says about me, but it's a toss-up whether it's good or bad.
Ons and offs, in song form.

-

AUCUUCUACGAACGUGAAGCUGACACUCAUAUUAGUCCCAUGAUGGAA

Vella

I choose mine because she does look a bit like me, though she wears lipstick much better,  I have a tendency to nibble it off and her curls are bouncier than mine; maybe because my hair is actually longer, thus heavier.  She looks a little dreamy which I do tend to drift off taking mental vacations all by myself.  I sure wish my brain would take me once in a while, I could use the break.  lol  And, I just like the pic.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

On's and off's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19527.msg758142#msg758142

RH O/Os  http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Rhiver

Stattick

Quote from: Vella on March 13, 2009, 11:16:28 AM
I choose mine because she does look a bit like me, though she wears lipstick much better,  I have a tendency to nibble it off and her curls are bouncier than mine; maybe because my hair is actually longer, thus heavier.  She looks a little dreamy which I do tend to drift off taking mental vacations all by myself.  I sure wish my brain would take me once in a while, I could use the break.  lol  And, I just like the pic.

Hawt
O/O   A/A

Doomsday

MusicNeverDies

My avatar today is simply a toast to St. Patricks day! I like dressing up! *goes off to look for more holidays*

Amberghylles

Bliss found this one for me... here's the bigger version of it:

I've been feeling that the Pipboy I was using before didn't really fit me as well as it did.  I don't feel quite so devil may care these days I guess... 

I like this one, he's mysterious slightly sinister perhaps... thoughtful and the wisp of smoke adds a hint of something arcane or supernatural. 

Duchess

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Wistful Dream

I chose this one for when I decided to come back to E after a two and a half month long break. Its quieter then my last one, more still and somber. It reflected the more serious attitude I came back with, the quieter, more withdrawn self as I handled school and nerves about things moving and being so new in my life. Its artistic, sweet, and quiet.

I like the story it tells to me, the narrative depth I can feel to it. The budding roses in her hair and behind her, vauge of course, represent a love that's just starting to bloom. The wistfulness of her expression, soft and sweet and longing. The way her hand curves around the necklace and holds the token of her lover reminds me of how I cling to things that remind me of Will. And the symbol of the bird, freedom, longing to fly free and/or to carry a message to her love. After the plane flight taking me away from him today and how emotionally hard it was it just fit.

MusicNeverDies

I don't seem to chose off emotional merit anymore. *smirks* I chose this one because it is not too harsh, but has a nice strong bondage feel to it. Her bottom is nice as well. :)