Airships and Antiquities: Game Thread - Crew Wins

Started by Trieste, October 20, 2012, 07:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Moriarty

James looked up, aghast.  "Y-y-you have something ag-g-g-gainst me, d-d-don't you, ThatGirlAnalise.  I am s-starting to think th-th-that y-y-y-y-you and y-your m-m-m-m-mutinous fr-fr-fr-friends d-d-don't app-p-preciate my h-h-hard work and d-d-desire f-f-for honest c-c-c-conversation!"  He peered at her through the wide, convex lenses of his glasses, his face still ashen from coping with his bout with a little illness, but getting brighter with color by the moment.  "M-mark my word, ThatGirlAnalise is th-the one y-y-y-y-you should w-w-w-worry about!"

Trieste

Kendra - 1
Falanor - 1
That Girl Analise - 2
Saffron - 2
Beguile's Mistress - 3
James Moriarty - 4

Yet to vote:
Ryven, ThatRPGuy, Sarena, Remiel, Niferbelle, Mr Bigglesworth, Moirae, The Last Standing

Niferbelle

Nobody really had a damn clear idea who anybody was except the mutineers and Niferbelle felt herself losing patience as they all seemed to flounder about qas they pointed their fingers. But it wasn't the time for inaction either and she wasn't about to draw any attention to herself but reading anybody the riot act. She paused in her work just long enough to glance over at Beguile's Mistress with a suspicious gaze.

"That's the one I'm worried about. Nothing personal."

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. hadn't gotten any sleep at all - but he knew that he had to choose, an easy choice it was not, but he suspected James more than Beguiile's Mistress - thus his vote was cast - he could only hope he was right, then went back to swabbing the decks, keeping his head low.

Remiel

After long, careful deliberation, Remiel arrived at a decision.  "At this point, there's not a whole lot of evidence to go on," he said.  "Any one of us might be behind the disappearances of Lord Mayerling and Captain Madison.  Barring any new information, I'll have to vote with Saffron -- sorry, Beguile's Mistress."

Trieste

Kendra - 1
Falanor - 1
That Girl Analise - 2
Saffron - 2
Beguile's Mistress - 5
James Moriarty - 5

Yet to vote:
Ryven, ThatRPGuy, Sarena, Moirae, The Last Standing

Last call for voting or changing votes. I'm going to try to move the game forward in about ten or twelve hours, so please get your votes in.

Starlequin

...Something wasn't right. Or rather, something was more wrong than usual. A thought kept repeating in Star's head, round and round like a calliope rag. It felt off, somehow, not shaped proper, as if the thought weren't born within his own brain. Sure'n it didnt sound like his kinda thinkin'.

'Follow the gopher.'

But what in hell did it mean? Tarnation's wheel, they were aboard an airship! Weren't no rodents on the Ida Leigh. Leastways, weren't none furred or 4-legged.

'Maybe I oughta switch over to rum a while,' Steps thought as he loaded a pallet jack with flour 20-pounders and drove it updecks to the pantry. Easy work, but it gave him too much thinkin' time. Wasn't healthy for a man. Better his muscles ached than his brain.

Steps parked the jack near the pantry door; now it was delivered, the kitchen auto could restock it itself. He turned to leave,  but caught the cupboard door swingin' free and sighed.

'Damn clockwork can't even keep the grub stowed. Be better off with a coat rack on wheels,' he groused, returning to secure the door. A quick look inside to make sure nothing was missing set LeQuin's blood runnin' cold.

There against the back wall, sitting under the chill lights, was a stack of crates. Meats, assorted and freeze-dried by the label. But the brand was what held LeQuin stupefied.

Go4Glory MeatsNSweets

Steps twitched at the sight of the cartoon gopher givin' its goofy little thumb's-up, and he slammed the door hard enough to rattle its hinges. Part of him wanted to look again; it was a hall...a hallucy...it was a damn mirage, 's what it was. And even if it wasnt, so what? A cartoon rat didn't mean a hill of shit, even on a boat off-keel as the Ida. Star headed back to his bunk; duties be damned, it was time for another touch'a the crayture.

He sat nearly an hour, bottle of man's grace in hand, warming him from within at every sip. New thought now, same as the old thought.

'The gopher knows.'

Well, good for the little bastard. Helped Steps get a handle on matters about as much as a fart in a wine bottle. But maybe...

'In the kitchen...answers in the kitchen?'

Could that be it? Was there something...or someone...in the kitchen that could end this mystery? Or at least give the crew a fightin' chance?

One way to find out. Steps stowed his liquor and headed amidships. Didnt know what he'd do there,  didnt care. Figured on trailin' whoever popped up. And after another hour of slippin' doors and listenin' in where he weren't known, LeQuin was beginning to question his  suspicions of Beguile's Mistress.

Aye. Now, it were fast becomin' That Girl Analise that Star trusted less and less.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

That Girl Analise

Though Ana knew she was nowhere near being voted off, she was a little concerned at her being voted for at all. She shook her head at accusations. Though they were mistaken she would not get angry: they had a purpose here and she was sure there was some truth to the vote she had already placed. It seemed she wouldn't have much time left unless something changed. What they needed was a clue and they needed it now. "Yer wastin' yer votes," she mumbled to herself, but knew she had nothing with which to help prove her innocence, unless one of her allies stood up for her.

Sarena

There were too many questions and not enough answers. One thing was for certain, Sarena was highly suspicous of That Girl Analise.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Galactic Druid

"I'm sorry, Analise, but I'm not sure I can trust you from what I've been told..." Guy looked away as he said it, trying not to think about what he was doing.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

That Girl Analise

With a hefty sigh, Ana stood up. "I's true tha' I've been doin' some--" she coughed "Oh, blast this obviously fake accent. I should have you know that I am a detective aboard this ship. Yes I have been sneaking about, but it has been for good. I will not reveal my partner and I ask that person not reveal themself for their safety, but I have brought a chemist to help me. You'll be for the worse taking me out. I've yet to discover anyone truly innocent, else I would have some help at this point in time. My chemist knows my suspicions. So throw me overboard if you don't believe me! But a search of my room will give you all the proof you need. Should I be spared today, I would hope that I get protection this night," she sighed, resigned. She wasn't much longer for this ship no matter who it was that took her out.

desert ashes

Glancing at the other crew, Moirae frowned.  "Hesitantly I offer my suspicions of Beguile's Mistress."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Sarena

Sarena shook her head sadly and met Analise's eyes, "If you're lying, may the gods have mercy on your soul..."  She sighed, " Beguile's, what say you to these accusations?"
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Galactic Druid

Guy gave Analise a quizzical look. Was she being honest with him this time? Her story did explain why she was stalking about the ship the way she was. "I... Apologize for suspecting you, Analise..." he finally said. "But, if you're innocent, that just leaves my suspicions of BeMi unchecked..."
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Ryven

Trieste

With all the suspicions flying around, nobody really noticed that The Last Standing, still exhausted from his third shift rotation the night before, was snoozing too deeply to contribute to voting. No matter, as the crewers had sealed the fate of Beguile's Mistress. The burliest among the crew seized her by her arms, causing her to drop her beloved rum flask! They brought her to the side of the ship and tossed her over, though some squirmed uncomfortably at her fading screams. Once she could no longer be heard, a search of her berth revealed none other than her beloved Jolly Roger PJs, revealing her to be a Pirate. They really were very nice PJs.

That finished, the crewers retreated to their own berths for the night, wondering if they had indeed ridden themselves of the menace amongst them.

Nighttime roles please PM if you plan to use your abilities.

Trieste

Having gotten a good night's sleep, one hopes, from ridding themselves of a clear Pirate, the crew members wake up the next day to find that That Girl Analise is nowhere to be found. A search of her berth turns up a magnifying glass, a fingerprinting kit, and a detective's badge, so it does seem indeed that she was the law enforcement officer she claimed to be.

Who will pay for Ana's death?

Players

• Saffron
  • Kazyth
  • Starlequin
  • Ryven
  • Mithlomwen
  • Luna
  • James Moriarty
  • ThatRPGuy
  • SunshineSparkle
  • Sarena
  • Remiel
  • Niferbelle
  • Kendra
  • Valerian
  • Falanor
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Moirae
  • Kyrsa
  • The Last Standing

Roles (For an outline of what the roles mean, please see this post)

• Crew Members - 10/11
  • Mutineers - 4/5
  • Chirurgeon
  • Chemist
  • Simulacrum
  • Greenhorn

Autumn Sativus

James Moriarty will pay for Ana's death, as she claimed before she left us. Poor dear. <3
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Kendra

Kendra sat atop a barrel on the lower open deck lashing a knot, the morning wind whipping against her face. The sails were up and the cogs in the machine were oiled and primed, the furnace was stoked and the Ida Leigh was creaking along through the sky. Pulling her goggles down to protect her eyes she found herself weary of everyone's moves. How long before the ship would dock again? It was still strange to fathom that Beguile's Mistress had been a pirate of all things, Kendra had every intention of getting her hands on those pyjama's, it got pretty drafty at night and if she were goin to get debunked like it seemed Analise had been, then she'd rather die in someone else's pyjamas than her own.

That Analise had been a dectective on the ship was curious indeed, why had she been on board. Had she suspected something or someone before they had even set sail? Had Madison hired her? Kendra thought over who she had been trying to vote for all along and James Moriarty's name finally came to her. Was he responsible?

Valerian

Val huddled unhappily up in the rigging.  Normally she loved sitting up here, getting a view of the clouds and the ship, but today it gave her no comfort at all.  "Poor Analise.  But she did help us, at least.  She never wavered in her suspicions of James Moriarty... and now we know that she would have been able to prove her suspicions.  No, he must be guilty."  She spoke almost wonderingly, for he had always seemed much too nervous and timid to be up to anything sneaky -- or perhaps being a mutineer had simply used up all his courage, she thought, grimly.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mr Bigglesworth

"Yes, for sure Analise knew she was soon for the plank, and certainly James Moriarty was spooked that she was getting too close.  He always seems to be lurking in the shadows anyway - we will all be safer to earn our honest pay when he is gone."

Remiel

"Analise was sure about James Moriarty," said Remiel, adjusting his goggles and brandishing his squarehead spanner.  "We must ensure that her sacrifice was not in vain."

Mithlomwen

"Aye, me thinks James Moriarty is the guilty one."  Mith agreed, nodding her head decisively.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

James Moriarty

Amidst the well-thought accusations, James' face changes, going from innocent and timid and forming into a broad, ugly sneer.  With surprisingly calm manner, straightened up to full height for the first time on the journey, he casually flings his glasses to the ground and grinds the thick lenses under the heel of his boot.

"You are so quick to point fingers, and yet you have managed to find but two of us, and one by blind luck.  And without your detective, and with your Chirurgeon's power used up, where does that leave you?!  Hmm?!"  His voice was an octave lower than before, and the venom dripped from his words.  "Dear ThatGirlAnalise knew it was me from the start -- but that's all she knew!  When you've cast me, cackling, overboard, you'll have nowhere else to turn.  We're among you -- in your quiet conversations, whispering in your ears.  Turning you against your very selves!  You may have won this battle, but when we have you hoisted by your collective petards, you'll be wishin' you went quietly and let us have this ship from the start."

He stepped forward into the group, daring anyone to lay a hand on him before their judgment were pronounced.  "And I'll even give you a present, to at least give you the slightest chance to get out of this in one piece."  He pointed a steady finger at Kendra.  "She's played a good game, and in our alliance she threw off many a wary eye.  But I'll be all too happy to have her company with me in Davy Jones' locker!"  At this pronouncement, he laughed uproariously and ran for the side of the ship.

Autumn Sativus

* Saffron sticks her foot out to trip him on his way by.

* Saffron whistles innocently.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~