[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Vassus

I was going to make a familiar, but it seems that everyone else is having that idea, and it would be fun to play a contractor. Though, I have to ask, what's a contractor's motivation? Well, a better question: What is it that she's doing? How does she meet a familiar?
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

TheHangedOne

I'd imagine a Contractor's motivations are their own. Henrik's motivation will be to try and benefit from the wisdom of a being that's older and greater than himself, in the hopes that they'll be able to help him resolve his existential crisis.

And if I'm reading it right, they make contact with a Familiar through the spell that also serves to bind them?

Also, by my count, we have 5 Familiars and 3 Contractors, for those curious.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

MaiMizzu

Why do i feel like I'm gonna be the last kid picked in gym?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: MaiMizzu on October 14, 2012, 02:09:28 PM
Why do i feel like I'm gonna be the last kid picked in gym?
Not sure, because I'd like to pair Henrik up with Garuda, if you're cool with it.
Check out my poet tree!

MaiMizzu

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 14, 2012, 02:14:40 PM
Not sure, because I'd like to pair Henrik up with Garuda, if you're cool with it.
I certainly wouldn't mind, not at all. He looks like a real interesting character. I think they could be good for one another.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: MaiMizzu on October 14, 2012, 02:24:10 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind, not at all. He looks like a real interesting character. I think they could be good for one another.
Cool.  :D That is, of course, as long as we get approved.
Check out my poet tree!

Wheresmycow

Edited my character sheet, tossing on his motivation for wanting a familiar.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

1SAZ

Just wanted to state my interest real quick before I start work on my character(s). What exactly is needed right now as far as Contractors and Familiars? I'm probably going to make both, but which is needed at the moment?

Wheresmycow

Well the Familiars outnumber the Contractors at this moment 5 to 3.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Dray

Yea, I'm probably going to create a thread for characters soon as well as work out a few other details.

MaiMizzu

Quote from: Ty5550 on October 14, 2012, 07:00:23 PM
Yea, I'm probably going to create a thread for characters soon as well as work out a few other details.
Really lookin forward to it! and to the rp startin!

Dray

Here is the thread for characters.  I'm going to base the role play in the Extreme Board just in case since I don't like to limit those writing and involved.  Of course this does not mean that you have to get into anything extreme.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154920.0

Reia

Thanks for the thread! It'll definitely make it easier to see who's who. I'll be finishing up Aiyanna tomorrow and possibly creating a contracter as well.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

CrazyIvan

If I was in that game I have forgotten, or it was erased and I lost track of it. I have been in many things over my few years RPing on and other sites, so sorry I just don't remember.

Further more I am editing my character again, I don't know how much I will complete tonight, but hopefully all of it.

P.S. I finished my character for the most part if you have questions or things I need to change PM me and I can explain it and more depth and where I am going.

1SAZ

Contractor Template

Name: Kyler Granz

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Fighting Skills:

• Archer Savant: Kyler's true skill lies in the use of a bow, to the point of using the ranged weapon in close range with deadly efficiency.
  • Edge Master: While Kyler's skills lie in his ranged prowess, he should not be discounted with a blade. He is skilled in the use of swords and knives, though not nearly to the ability of his bow. He prefers lighter swords that can easily be wielded in his right hand so he can keep his bow in his left. He has also had custom arrows made that double as swords for close combat use.
  • Silent Step: Kyler can walk without a sound and can easily stay in the shadows, unseen and unheard.
  • Thrown Weapons: Kyler's ranged prowess does not lie solely in the use of his bow, and can turn a number of small objects into lethal projectiles, favoring knives when he is forced to resort to such.
  • Runner: Kyler can run faster than most men of his build and age, regardless of terrain or obstacles in his path. Anything that blocks him, he climbs over or slides under with ease.

Personality: Quiet, Calm, Loyal, Unwavering, Courageous, Bold, Joker, Kind, Haunted

Appearance: 
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Familiar: Kyler is currently without a familiar. His familiar should be equally loyal as he is, and willing to guide him down the right path. A gentle hand works better for him than being told to do something, and he doesn't respond at all to force. He also needs someone who is stubborn enough to say no to him when his ideas fall into the absolutely insane end of the pool.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

1SAZ

Three things:
1. Custom made. All his arrows are specifically made for this.
B. I mean 2. The entire shaft of the arrow is the blade, and it's slender. More akin to a rapier then a broadsword.
3 or C or the little foot note they put at the bottom of a page. Fantasy setting, so I don't care about the physics of it. As long as it's cool.

So yes, I took an artistic liberty with that bit. It happens.

TheHangedOne

If the entire shaft is a blade, then how can you even fire it? It'll just rip the bow string.  I really don't mind artistic liberties when it comes to fantasy settings, but it feels like this is all based on rule of cool, which does bother me.  If we're going that far outside the realms of reality, then why not make the entire work dadaist?

Also, Siereis, would you be interested in having a Contract with my Familiar, Kerradric? That could give her access to fire magic.
Check out my poet tree!

MzHyde

Siereis

EVERYONE: Okay...here's my second attempt at a character.  As before, feedback is appreciated!
TheHangedMan: let me get my character approved and see what other familiars get approved before I decide, but I definitely do like your character and can totally see myself binding that one.

Contractor Template

Name: Elaine Embersoul

Sexuality: Bi-sexual with a lean towards those that are anatomically compatible.  She tends to be submissive sexually, but don't expect her to just agree to anything without a fight - she definitely has a backbone when it comes to others trying to take advantage of her...something she has so far been successful at.

Fighting Skills: Elaine is a mercenary.  She has experience in the use of swords and other martial weapons.  Throughout her adventures, she has learned that she prefers agility and offense over a shield and defense.  Because of this, Elaine rarely can be seen using a shield or heavy armor and much prefers her light armor.  Because she has only been a mercanary for a few years though, Elaine is still not the most advanced warrior and she has a lot more to learn.

Personality: Elaine tends to be rather headstrong in nature and can be stubborn when she does not get her way.  However, despite her prideful nature, she is smart and realizes when other tactics are needed.  In general, the girl prefers to work solo - allowing her to do as she pleases and not rely on others.  Rather frequently, she does get in over her head though, landing herself in trouble which she has hard times getting out of. 

Appearance:

Familiar:  At the moment, Elaine is only looking for a familiar.  She would prefer one that would compliment her own martial abilities and would perhaps grant her more magical abilities as well.

1SAZ

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 15, 2012, 06:16:00 AM
If the entire shaft is a blade, then how can you even fire it? It'll just rip the bow string.  I really don't mind artistic liberties when it comes to fantasy settings, but it feels like this is all based on rule of cool, which does bother me.  If we're going that far outside the realms of reality, then why not make the entire work dadaist?

There is a hilt to the blade, otherwise Kyler couldn't hold it at all as a sword. As for "that far outside of the realms of reality", there are far more logically improbable things that have been used in fiction for arrows (look to any archer in a comic series), so an arrow that doubles as a sword seems more logical than one would assume otherwise. It's also not the first instance of such a concept in literature, though to varying degrees of success.

Wheresmycow

Quote from: 1SAZ on October 15, 2012, 09:18:17 PM
There is a hilt to the blade, otherwise Kyler couldn't hold it at all as a sword. As for "that far outside of the realms of reality", there are far more logically improbable things that have been used in fiction for arrows (look to any archer in a comic series), so an arrow that doubles as a sword seems more logical than one would assume otherwise. It's also not the first instance of such a concept in literature, though to varying degrees of success.
I think there's an easy solution to resolve this built into the setting that Ty550 has outlined so far.  It looks like the whole sword/arrow thing is very similar to the Quincy's stuff in Bleach, except their sword/arrow things are made of spiritual energy rather than actual physical objects.  Basically, it's magic.  So why not describe it the same way?  Ordinarily, yes, you'd have to have a quiver of arrows and a sword at your hip.  But with a contract, one of the magic abilities gained is the ability to manifest eldritch arrows and swords, and they can change form as needed.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

1SAZ

I'll wait for Ty550's call on it, but I have no issue with that.

Pentagious666

I do hope not all of the familiars are taken.  I did see an angel that interested me as a bond mate.
Lord Claude "Bear" Scarlette

Contractor Template

Name: Lord Claude "Bear" Scarlette (Bear was a name given to his knight friends)

Sexuality: hetero

Fighting Skills: Claude is versed in most weaponry, his favored weapon is the Greatsword.  He wields it mostly with one hand, but swings with both for especially powerful attacks.  (I figure the ease that he wields the weapon could be contractor goodies, if that is agreeable then I will work it into my roleplay that he is still getting used to his new strength.)

Personality: Lord Claude Finn Scarlett, is kind, just, and loyal, he was given the name bear not only for his ferocity in battle but papa bear to some.  He would prefer togive anyone he fights a second chance but if they press he will finish it, the end.  He loves children and protects them with more ferocity then anything, he has lived a fairly solitary life and the contract would finally bring him companionship.

Appearance:

Familiar:  Lord Claude would only bond with someone that was just and honest and cared about the people of the world.  He would most likely side with the angels.

I also came up with a familiar for someone else.
Carn Albion

Familiar Template

Name: Carn Albion

Class:  demon (neutral)

Sexuality: hetero

Fighting Skills:
celerity - carn is supernaturally fast able to outrun most horses

major regeneration - If you don't kill him most his injuries no matter how severe will be gone by the next day.

Demonic accuracy - preferring thrown weaponry of all sorts (shuriken to butter knives) Carn utilizes his powerful demonic eyes to hit his target with pinpoint accuracy.

Demonic potency - a supernatural strength that allows him to carry larger loads and hit more defiantly, also allows him to throw objects further.

uncanny weaponry - Carn is a demon and in his devious life he has learned to utilize most anything as a weapon of some kind.

Demonic form - (picture supplied) The transformation into this form takes time, but if he assumes it his potency is enhanced ten fold and he is given armor and claws with which to utilize this new strength, he loathes this form and will refuse to take it unless he absolutely must.

Personality: Carn is obediant to the terms of his contract prefering to hide as a manservant (those of you that have watched black butler know carn's favorite catchphrase) but beyond orders given him he simply serves as such.  He dislikes his demonic form with a passion and refuses to take it until all other options have been exhausted.  His contract always holds the contractor's life above any given orders.

Appearance:

Demonic form

Contractor:  He would be looking for someone in particular, no one knows what, we will see hm?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?