News:

Main Menu

Nintendo Wii

Started by Sabby, March 12, 2008, 06:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Physics on that caliber isn't tied into graphics, making things explode prettily are though. And I have no actual internet sources, My ex-boss seen it at his last conference in beta stages at his convention all the managers of GameStop go. Think of it as an E3 but private.

The Wii version looks like crap in comparison to the others, but the guts of all three seem to be the same.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sabby

It needs processing power, and while I trust you there ZK, I'll wait until I see a source on that.

ZK

The Wii doesn't lack a lot in processing power, it does when it comes to graphic wise, but in terms.

We'll see this for the Wii version, nice physics, despite everything being indistinguishable from the other. :/

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sabby

Hopefully it will be full Wiimote control. The lightsabre mimmicking the controls perfectly will make the game.

Avi

Sadly, it's just being mapped. :(  I hope it's a decent scheme, because I know Red Steel sucked...
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Sabby

If they pull the same thing they did with Zelda (Wiimote activating mapped out attacks) then I will be seriously pissed off. I could see them realistically mapping enemy death animations with Wiimote simulation for the characters weapon(s) I'll dig around the corners of IGN for an official source.

ZK

I actually enjoyed Red Steel, despite the sword-play in the game. Although the best FPS in the genre for the Wii is Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

But I found it funny how in Red Steel I could snipe someone in the head with a pistol (at any range), but miss with all the other weapons.

Sabby

http://au.media.wii.ign.com/media/885/885367/vid_2263636.html

Damn, it looks great! Sure, chunky and smudged, but they said they have a team devoted to Wiimote control :)

Fullmetal Ky

The Nintendo Wii is an interesting console for a number of reasons. I’ve seen firsthand that Nintendo have managed to reach a demographic of potential gamers in the people who don’t play typical console games. For example the last game my stepfather played was Mario Brothers, but he’s been playing Tiger Woods on our Nintendo Wii on and off when the fancy takes him. I’ve heard similar reports from other people.

Unfortunately I’m mostly a PC gamer and have a 360 myself, so the Wii is used for messing about with friends and not for any serious gaming.