News:

Main Menu

Favorite Comedian~ ?

Started by Envious Dreamer, August 04, 2011, 09:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TentacleFan

My favorites would definitely be Bill Hicks, died way too young and was a comedic genius. Fry & Laurie, Rowan Atkinson in most anything that isn't Mr Bean (especially Blackadder), Monty Python (especially Holy Grail), and Lenny Bruce.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

RubySlippers

Josh Blue (LCS Season 4 Ep. 8)

Josh Blue - About his Baby, Simon

Josh Blue Crazy Arm

Josh Blue he is such an inspiration to those of us with disabilities and uber-funny.

Combicon

I've got several.
Jimmy Car, Tim Minchin, Billy Conoly (oh god that man can make me laugh), George Carlin and Mitch Hedberg.

There are a few others, but those guys are just awesome. Especially the last three.

Rolo

Carlin is without a doubt the king of Cerebral comedy!

Another comedian that is piss your pants funny is Buddy Hacket!  His bit about sending his son with an acne problem to Vegas is hilarious!!

Seduction is merely hypnosis with desire!

-KAI-

Dirty old man in training!
Sneaky Little Bastard!

Mithlomwen

George Carlin, Jeff Dunham, Victor Borge, Bill Cosby (Bill Cosby: Himself is still the FUNNIEST thing ever!), Ron White is funny as well. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Heartland

John Candy :) I was 10 years old when he passed away and I still remember feeling very sad :(
♥Heartland-xoxox♥

CastorTroy

Eddie Murphy, closely followed by Steve Martin, Sean Lock, Simon Evans and Miles Jupp. The latter two are not-so-well-known British comedians but I LOVE their style.
Requests | ONs/OFFsA/As

Current Roleplays: My Crown Jewel | Familial Ties | Daddy’s Out (Completed) |

Keefie

I'd have to go with Lee Evans, Billy Connolly or Reginald D. Hunter. They're pretty much equal favourites in my book xD

Oniya

I'd like to add Anna Russell to my list.  If you can find her discussion on writing your own Gilbert and Sullivan operetta, I challenge you to keep a straight face.  Bonus points for doing so if you've seen more than one G&S operetta in your life.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

LunarSage

How many points do I lose if not only have I never heard of a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta, but I have no idea what an operetta is?   :-[

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oniya

That just puts you at base level.  It gets harder to not laugh at the routine if you're more familiar with G&S.  It's like getting minuses to save against fire spells if you're an ice elemental.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

eiselmann

For me the funniest comedian was Ronnie Barker....absolute genuis with word play.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

SRT4NightRider

Denis Leary, Adam Ferrara, Lenny Clarke
For the countless souls who died, let our voices fill this night. Sing with me, never again!. They aren't lost, you see. The truth will live in me, believe me.

All that I have left inside is a soul that's filled with pride. I tell you, never again! Their depraved societ didn't end up killing me. Scream with me, NEVER AGAIN

lonlyazn

Gabriel Iglesias, met him in person. Took pics. Just funny and very interactive with the audience.

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

Aemirys

Woot woot!

My tickets to go see Henry Rollins arrived!

I am one happy camper!
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

Aemirys

Now to just find the funds to buy some tickets to see Tim Minchin!
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

Driskoll

Patrice O'Neal, Kevin Hart and Louis CK. None of these are particularly safe for work, especially the Kevin Hart bit.

Patrice O'Neal Elephant In the Room - Football getting SOFT (TAKE HIS SOCKS!)

Kevin Hart Kids

Louis CK on Bank Fees

Aemirys

★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

NightRabbit

Richard Jeni
Richard jeni-red wine & pms

Kevin Hart
Kevin Hart Loses His Shoe A Lot

Pablo Francisco (turn up the volume on this one, it's a bit low)
Pablo Francisco- Huevos

And that's just a few. :)

Divine Drivel

My list would include:

Bill Maher
Alan Carr
- - - I have random episodes of majestic surliness so I combat this phenomenon by mentally fast forwarding to Fridays - - -

Anjasa

No one has been able to top George Carlin for me, though I also really like Dylan Moran.

Callie Del Noire

You know I can't put it to one person. A lot of it depends on the mood I'm in.

KennethNoisewater

I would have to go with Kevin Hart, Daniel Tosh (standup only, not the show), Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Bill Maher, Richard Pryor

LunarSage

Quote from: KennethNoisewater on February 18, 2012, 09:12:58 PM
Kevin Hart, Daniel Tosh

Those are two names that I was unfamiliar with.  Had to google them.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Divine Drivel

I have to add Kathy Griffin. She's irreverent and so politically incorrect you can't help but laugh.

Craig Ferguson is also worth mentioning, even though he's technically more of a host than a comedian. He's just so darn funny and energetic.

Billy Crystal has a knack for excellent timing and his dry wit never fails to entertain.

I'll have to look up everyone's list and check those other comedians, too!
- - - I have random episodes of majestic surliness so I combat this phenomenon by mentally fast forwarding to Fridays - - -