Doomtown (A Deadlands RPG/Interest Check)

Started by Ciosa, February 23, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Phaia

Could I assume that a pound of tea would cost the same as a pound of coffee??

The English must have thier tea after all

Phaia

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Phaia

Quote from: Kokaine on March 01, 2013, 06:34:23 PM
Why a gunslinging outlaw of course :P

"come have some tea and scones with the ladies of the morning brunch and we can discuss this criminal activity you engage in..."

Phaia

esclavage

Quote from: Phaia on March 01, 2013, 06:46:33 PM
"come have some tea and scones with the ladies of the morning brunch and we can discuss this criminal activity you engage in..."

Phaia

Bah!  It's not brunch if there isn't grits and biscuits and 'jam!   ;D

And I'm right now hammering out my character concept with Ciosa, who is being super helpful in this regard.

*will be playing a southern belle from the Whateley family who is the 'black sheep' of the family*  She prefers wearing cowboy duds and drinkin' whiskey instead of all that high-faulting frippery!  Though don't let her mother know...  ;)

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Sindra

Thanks all for the warm welcome!  I am glad to be here - both on E and assisting Ciosa with this game.  It's going to be a fun game :).

Dhi

Will we eventually be seeing character sheets, or are all characters going to remain mysterious and private?

Ciosa

I'm going to be posting a Public Knowledge version of character sheets.  No secret background mysteries, but certain things will be publicly known.

Kokaine

Quote from: Phaia on March 01, 2013, 06:46:33 PM

Phaia

"Aww, I'm sure y'all can think of much better things to discuss than my activities..."

Quote from: esclavage on March 01, 2013, 06:50:24 PM
Bah!  It's not brunch if there isn't grits and biscuits and 'jam!   ;D

And I'm right now hammering out my character concept with Ciosa, who is being super helpful in this regard.

*will be playing a southern belle from the Whateley family who is the 'black sheep' of the family*  She prefers wearing cowboy duds and drinkin' whiskey instead of all that high-faulting frippery!  Though don't let her mother know...  ;)

Oh that Whateley family...

Quote from: CoffeeSlut on March 01, 2013, 07:08:22 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome!  I am glad to be here - both on E and assisting Ciosa with this game.  It's going to be a fun game :).

*waves hello* ^^
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Phaia

you know i am considering taking a high dinero just so i can get the flamethrower for my shop defense

"... ya trying to rob me...punk...here eat FLAMEE!!!!! ..."

BwahahahaHHA!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Phaia

Ciosa

Phaia, a flamethrower in an apothecary shop is a bad idea.  Just saying.

Phaia

Quote from: Ciosa on March 01, 2013, 07:41:39 PM
Phaia, a flamethrower in an apothecary shop is a bad idea.  Just saying.

I know ...I know....it was just a thought.... way to many things there that might have a small adverse reaction to heat and flame

*nods Sagely*

sttillllll

maybe I should take it as a yearnin'

;) ;)

Phaia

Phaia

Could I assume that a pound of tea would cost the same as a pound of coffee??

The English must have thier tea after all

Can we have a pet? A guarddog would be very useful? *chuckles* of course it would have to be an...English Bulldog!!  ::) ::)
serious could we have a pet: dog, cat, goldfish etc

Phaia

xPeachyPuff

Can I ask how many character's have been accepted so far and what our Female/Male ratio is like at the moment? Just curious (:

-xSRx

Crash

Quote from: Phaia on March 01, 2013, 07:38:23 PM
you know i am considering taking a high dinero just so i can get the flamethrower for my shop defense

"... ya trying to rob me...punk...here eat FLAMEE!!!!! ..."

BwahahahaHHA!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Phaia

Agatha will make you one.   ;D

Quote from: Kokaine on March 01, 2013, 06:34:23 PM
Why a gunslinging outlaw of course :P

Well the pleasure is all mine then, dear.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Phaia

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on March 01, 2013, 07:50:31 PM
Can I ask how many character's have been accepted so far and what our Female/Male ratio is like at the moment? Just curious (:

-xSRx

xSRx I am not sure that manners since traditionally males way outnumbered females in the old west...in fact having a high number of unmarried females in town would be a draw and i can see us getting all sorts of suitors from the lowly miner to one of the high fluting upper crust!!

That in itself will add a lot to the story
so don't worry about the character ratio worry about the town ratio

Normal western towns had something like a 3 to 1 ratio of unmarried men to women [married or not] and there are tales of men be killed for their wives!!

during the California gold rush of 1849 there was a 3-4 to 1 ratio of men to women and many of the women were Chinese

Phaia

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Phaia on March 01, 2013, 07:58:47 PM
xSRx I am not sure that manners since traditionally males way outnumbered females in the old west...in fact having  high number of unmarried females in town would a draw and i can see us getting all sorts of suitors from the lowly miner to one of the high fluting upper crust!!

That in itself will add a lot to the story
so don't worry about the character ratio worry about the town ratio

Normal western towns had something like a 3 to 1 ratio of unmarried men to women [married or not] and there are tales of men be killed for their wives!!

during the California gold rush of 1849 there was a 3-4 to 1 ratio of men to women and many of the women were Chinese

Phaia

I was just being curious is all; just wanted to see what numbers are like at the moment, not for story means or anything like that. I'm not worried about it, just...curious like I said, haha.

-xSRx

Dhi

Should we decide what our secret background information is?

Ciosa

Currently ,six characters have been accepted, and the current ratio is 2/4.  There are quite a few more characters awaiting minor tweaks.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Ciosa on March 01, 2013, 08:01:54 PM
Currently ,six characters have been accepted, and the current ratio is 2/4.  There are quite a few more characters awaiting minor tweaks.

Thank you for the answer (: Sounds good.

-xSRx

Phaia

need some help !!

I am debating between two names for the shop!

"The London Royal Apothecary"
or
"The Royal English Apothecary"

Which do ya like since part of it is name and selling it ?

Phaia

Ciosa

I'm anticipating that tomorrow I'm going to open a few OOC threads as repositories of information.  Things like game flow, experience, the acquisition of the game's influence, etc.  I'd also like to get the game's opening teaser written soon or later, but the last two days I've been wall to wall PMs.

Hmm, Dhi,  might have everyone write up their own 'public knowledge' post, just to save myself some work.  I'll come up with an outline, but it should be brief, and most of it will be copied from the character sheet. 

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Phaia on March 01, 2013, 08:04:51 PM
need some help !!

I am debating between two names for the shop!

"The London Royal Apothecary"
or
"The Royal English Apothecary"

Which do ya like since it part of it is name and selling it ?

Phaia

I personally like the first one (:

-xSRx

Crash

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Crash on March 01, 2013, 08:07:50 PM
Hehe, I liked the second one.

Hah xD I don't really mind though, they both sounded good.

-xSRx