Mass Effect: Terminus Rising [Currently Full]

Started by Mr Self Destruct, October 04, 2011, 07:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitLninja

Name: David Sen (prefers to be called Sen)

Race: Drell

Class: Warrior
Class Specialization: Assassin

History:

Sen was born off planet when his family was taking a trip for his father's work, his mother unfortunately died after giving birth due to the combination of Kepral's Syndrome and the stress of giving birth. Sen's father made it to the hospital in time to give his son the name Sen but died a few minutes later as he had been targeted and poisoned by an assassin. Sen was to go to an orphanage and lived there until the age of ten months when he was adopted by a human family and given the first name David. The Human parents had prepared to raise a Drell child for a long time and taught him as much Drell history as well as Human and Alliance history.

Sen was an easy child to teach thanks to his eidetic memory making school rather pointless but after hearing the stories of the assassin that killed his father he became interested in the profession and began to study everything he could about assassins in hopes of finding the person who murdered his father. It took him a galactic standard year but he managed to find and destroy his fathers murderer, but also stumbled upon some information about a job the assassin was involved in and without warning he was approached by someone who handed him a data pad with a location on it then left without a word.

Sen followed the data pad to a secret bunker with only a point to point communication device and was surprised to learn that it linked him to the Shadow Broker, of course he didn't get to see who this person was or hear the person's real voice but he was told that he now held vary important information in his hands that the Shadow Broker was willing to pay for, Sen however deleted the information before the Shadow Brokers eyes and informed the person that he wanted a job and the data within his memory would be enough to keep the Shadow Broker from ever considering ending the Drell's life.

The Shadow Broker merely laughed but agreed to the Drell's terms and gave Sen some missions, before long Sen found himself killing, taking information, buying and selling it to the people he was instructed to do so. Sen had earned himself high standing with the Shadow Broker and was soon placed into a rather lavish lifestyle on the Citadel working on gathering information on the Alliance. He made the right friends and applied for the right jobs all to gain access to the information the Shadow Broker wanted. It was a location that both proved the Brokers trust in Sen and made him worth keeping. Sen now had three very important pieces of information locked away in his perfect memory that kept the Shadow Broker from ending his life prematurely.

Biotic Powers: Stasis & Barrier

Weaponry: HMWSR Master Sniper Rifle ('Liberated' from a Specter who was killed during the mission Sen was requested to join), Edge Pistol (Purchased from a smuggler), Geth Plasma Shotgun ('Liberated' from destroyed Geth bunker after a recent Alliance raid)

Armor Class: Light

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Preferred Position: Switch
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Xanatos

You have shockwave listed twice Linna.

Hey Digit, who ordered David to kill a Spectre? Surely not the Shadow Broker. The Shadow Broker does not take political sides and killing a Spectre would surely count as such, as the Council would take that personally.

DigitLninja

I never said David killed the specter... just that he was assigned and ended up liberating the sniper rifle.

A specters death won't be traced back to the Shadow Broker unless the assassin in question is too open about it... and in the interest of balance sometimes people need to die, who's to say this Specter wasn't rouge?

Anyway I'm sure if the GM takes offense I'll change it to another 'illegal' purchase.

It doesn't really matter what kind of gun I have until I place a story with it ^^
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Latooni Subota

Wow, we have a lot of snipers. I expected more people picking assault/battle rifles for their rifles. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Xanatos

True, you did not say David killed the Spectre. However, the wording strongly suggests it. Just making a friendly point on that.

Below, in the spoiler, are some points of contention I have with the above, but I am putting them in spoiler. You can read them or not. By reading, it however, you acknowledge that I am not trying to antagonize. I am merely pointing out inconsistencies as I see them based on my knowledge of Mass Effect.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The Shadow Broker is far from assailable as the comics (which bridge the gap between ME1 and ME2) prove. Liara Ti'soni in said comics (which are cannon) was able to infiltrate one of the Shadow Broker bases with the help of the Drell from Mass Effect 2. If two people can do it, a team of Spectres can. Killing a Spectre can, therefore, be linked back (it just won't be easy).

Think of the Council as America in WWII. They don't want to fight, but if pushed hard enough, will fight back and have the resources to hit hard and effectively. So for the Broker to hire anyone to kill a Spectre, is a move he would certainly not take. Besides, if the Council could trace a Spectre's death to him (hell, even suspect him of it), it wouldn't just bring the Council down on him - ALL governments would get pissed. He relies on neutrality. Killing an elite agent like a Spectre would be a blatant violation of the neutrality he/she/it/they strive so hard to maintain.

Rogue Spectre's are hunted by other Spectre's. The Council doesn't hire assassins. I just recently replayed through the part of Mass Effect 1 which explains that. So its still fresh in my mind.

If Dark is okay with it, then that's fine. I just feel the whole thing does not jive with how the Shadow Broker operates. That is unless someone else assigned him to kill a Spectre. Then its an entire none-issue.

My girl has an Assault rifle! Albeit a mixed one, -smirks-.

Latooni Subota

Tiny is a "Aim carefully, fire one shot" sort of person usually . . mainly because she's lagging behind in terms of physical strength. When using a sniper rifle she probably actually sets up a tripod even.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Wargtass

I am having thoughts of changing my sniper for something else. Seeing as a sniper rifle is fairly restrictive for someone specializing in guerilla-tactics. An assault rifle has broader use for someone who skulks around behind enemy lines.

Off to start of small. You'll be hearing from me soon, Xanatos.  ;D
O/O

DigitLninja

Quote from: Xanatos on October 07, 2011, 01:05:51 PM
True, you did not say David killed the Spectre. However, the wording strongly suggests it. Just making a friendly point on that.

Below, in the spoiler, are some points of contention I have with the above, but I am putting them in spoiler. You can read them or not. By reading, it however, you acknowledge that I am not trying to antagonize. I am merely pointing out inconsistencies as I see them based on my knowledge of Mass Effect.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The Shadow Broker is far from assailable as the comics (which bridge the gap between ME1 and ME2) prove. Liara Ti'soni in said comics (which are cannon) was able to infiltrate one of the Shadow Broker bases with the help of the Drell from Mass Effect 2. If two people can do it, a team of Spectres can. Killing a Spectre can, therefore, be linked back (it just won't be easy).

Think of the Council as America in WWII. They don't want to fight, but if pushed hard enough, will fight back and have the resources to hit hard and effectively. So for the Broker to hire anyone to kill a Spectre, is a move he would certainly not take. Besides, if the Council could trace a Spectre's death to him (hell, even suspect him of it), it wouldn't just bring the Council down on him - ALL governments would get pissed. He relies on neutrality. Killing an elite agent like a Spectre would be a blatant violation of the neutrality he/she/it/they strive so hard to maintain.

Rogue Spectre's are hunted by other Spectre's. The Council doesn't hire assassins. I just recently replayed through the part of Mass Effect 1 which explains that. So its still fresh in my mind.

If Dark is okay with it, then that's fine. I just feel the whole thing does not jive with how the Shadow Broker operates. That is unless someone else assigned him to kill a Spectre. Then its an entire none-issue.

My girl has an Assault rifle! Albeit a mixed one, -smirks-.

The whole issue here is that I wanted a powerful / bad ass looking Sniper Rifle and the best one I could think of is considered a 'Specter' weapon, I need a story to go with why he has a specter weapon... unless one of our current two specters are willing to have him as a companion, in which case I can say it was a gift and will make things easier on everyone.

Admittedly I have never read those comics and I don't plan too as of right now...
Quotes to Live by:

Wargtass

Quote from: DigitLninja on October 07, 2011, 02:20:52 PM
The whole issue here is that I wanted a powerful / bad ass looking Sniper Rifle and the best one I could think of is considered a 'Specter' weapon, I need a story to go with why he has a specter weapon... unless one of our current two specters are willing to have him as a companion, in which case I can say it was a gift and will make things easier on everyone.

Admittedly I have never read those comics and I don't plan too as of right now...

Cant say that I could help you with that. Caestus would probably believe you more a liability than a resource. Not to mention that you are working with the Shadow Broker, an individual Caestus holds as a threat to galactic security at large.
O/O

Xanatos

Your assassin didn't have to get it from a Spectre. He could have bought it off the black market. Weapons never manage to stay exclusive. Some always end up being leaked into the black market for sale. Your man could just have spent a pretty penny on it. Maybe that isn't as cool, sure. Its an idea, though.

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

thebobmaster

Mass Effect RP? That has about the same effect on me as mentioning Voldemort's name in Harry Potter. I am in.

Name: Sera'Zarda
Race: Quarian
Class: Scientist
Class Specialization: Hacker
Appearance: Sera'Zarda is fairly tall and slender, with fairly average sized, though quite firm, curves. For her environment suit, she wears a Colossus Armor suit, though modified to provide less armor for greater mobility, as well as her ability to manage to maneuver in it, and has painted the body of the environment suit completely black, except for a purple visor. http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/ReverseAdonis/mass_effect__nikeleses_concept_by_sweetlittlekisses-d30x0fo.png
History: At her young age of 25, Sera has only heard tales of the Reaper invasion. Tales of how Tali'Zorah vas Normandy nar Rayya proved the value of the quarian race to the Citadel, opening the gateways to a Council seat just before the Reaper attack decimated their fleet, forcing them to rely on the Citadel for survival. However, Sera has never been happy to rely on anyone for her survival. While she completed her Pilgrimage, as all quarians did, she did it merely to break what she felt were invisible chains holding her to the fleet. Once her duty was complete, she broke most ties with the fleet, leaving the sector that many quarians called home to take her chances on the rest of the Citadel two years ago. However, she was still not satisfied, even after leaving the "Fleet" or "Ward", whatever they wanted to call it. In order to survive, she found herself at a crossroads. She could go legit, use her technical skills to work at C-Sec or various other companies, or join the criminal element, using those skills for personal gain through hacking accounts or larceny. She chose the option that left her with no consistent salary, but the freedom to do as she wished, freedom she had ventured out of the quarian ward to gain. While her morals were a bit shaky at first, the two years since her departure have left her willing to do anything and everything to get ahead. The only steps she has refused to consider are hit contracts and hacking robots for her personal use. She has satisfied her morals by ensuring that her targets are all criminals themselves, seeing it as a case of vigilantism, not pure criminality. Accepting contracts would risk being forced to kill an innocent, and she remembers far too many stories of the geth to consider having a robot companion. However, despite her targets, C-Sec took a dim view of her actions, and before long, she found herself facing a choice between imprisonment, or joining a task group formed by the Council. Her choice was as easy as her choice to go criminal. One was no freedom. The other was less freedom.
Weaponry: M-6 Carnifex, M-23 Katana, and M-100 Grenade Launcher
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Preferred Position: Neither
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Latooni Subota

thebobmaster

Why, thank you. I think I'll steal borrow the second one.

Mr Self Destruct

Linna, your character is approved.  Welcome aboard!

DigitLninja, you're nearly set.  I'm not fond of the idea that he was tasked by the Shadow Broker to assassinate a Spectre, for the reasons that Xanatos stated.  If you're set on having the sniper rifle, there are various other reasons that he might have access to it:

He could have purchased the weapon from the extensive black market in places like Omega and the like.  It likely would've been costly, but for someone of his skills, the cost would've been worth the battlefield advantage.

Perhaps he was 'commandeered' by the Spectre as an assistant in a mission, and the Spectre was killed, thereby allowing his weapons to be confiscated by your Drell.

Or perhaps the Shadow Broker set up the meeting because he knows who killed your character's father.  He was planning to exchange that information for the mysterious info on the datapad Sen was given, but before the trade could happen, Sen was attacked by the Spectre, being mistaken for an agent of the Shadow Broker...the datapad could've been destroyed, and while Sen was victorious over the Spectre (thus taking his sniper rifle), without the bargaining chip of the info on the datapad, the Shadow Broker offered him a time of servitude in exchange for the info on who killed his father.  It could be a deal that led him to a position on the crew formed by the Alliance to combat the Terminus Coalition, the Shadow Broker leading him along with the hope of finding out who murdered his father.

thebobmaster, welcome aboard!  I like your Quarian, as well as the fact that she is practically forced into the quest in order to avoid jail time.  Makes for a very loyal crew member...until the job is done, that is. lol

thebobmaster

Thanks! I struggled to think of a way to connect a criminal with this "elite squad". That was the best way I could think of.

DigitLninja

Quote from: Dark Clown on October 08, 2011, 12:46:48 AM

DigitLninja, you're nearly set.  I'm not fond of the idea that he was tasked by the Shadow Broker to assassinate a Spectre, for the reasons that Xanatos stated.  If you're set on having the sniper rifle, there are various other reasons that he might have access to it:

He could have purchased the weapon from the extensive black market in places like Omega and the like.  It likely would've been costly, but for someone of his skills, the cost would've been worth the battlefield advantage.

Perhaps he was 'commandeered' by the Spectre as an assistant in a mission, and the Spectre was killed, thereby allowing his weapons to be confiscated by your Drell.

Or perhaps the Shadow Broker set up the meeting because he knows who killed your character's father.  He was planning to exchange that information for the mysterious info on the datapad Sen was given, but before the trade could happen, Sen was attacked by the Spectre, being mistaken for an agent of the Shadow Broker...the datapad could've been destroyed, and while Sen was victorious over the Spectre (thus taking his sniper rifle), without the bargaining chip of the info on the datapad, the Shadow Broker offered him a time of servitude in exchange for the info on who killed his father.  It could be a deal that led him to a position on the crew formed by the Alliance to combat the Terminus Coalition, the Shadow Broker leading him along with the hope of finding out who murdered his father.

*walks through the shopping market and takes the second idea*

edited
Quotes to Live by:

Xanatos

I was just curious when this was going to start Dark. Are you looking for a sixth person? I'm not in a rush, but I am eager, nonetheless, to play.

Destiny Ascension

Hi! Is there still room for more players to enter this game?
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Mr Self Destruct

Why yes, there is. :)

This will likely be starting tonight or sometime Monday, Xanatos.  It's been a long weekend at work and my muse has been pummeled by mundanity.

Laughing Hyena

Im going to politely drop out as there are enough people and more specifically the role i had prefered to take up has been filled several times over. So have fun folks!

Wargtass

Excellent, I am truly looking forward to this.  ;D
O/O

Xanatos

I feel ya Dark! My weekends are always tiring/stressful (not always stressful, but often can be). My better days are during the week when I don't work.

More characters for the grinder! Wait... Warg should be saying that not me! -elbows Warg-

Hey Dark, I just noticed, why doesn't the Alliance military accept Asari recruits? They accept all other major races. They don't want the epicurean ladies ruining the focus of their men and women? With their salacious and lithe nubile bodies. Racism I say! Racism! I shall have my Asari Spectre picket them!

So... The Terminus System coalition uses the motto, "Resistance is Futile"?

thebobmaster