Pathfinder - Another game for the newbs :P (looking for 1 replacement)

Started by Autocad, May 06, 2013, 06:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocad

Update 6.12: One of the players has left and freed up a slot. Posting rate should be able to respond to a post from the DM in 1-2 days.

This basically sums it up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173123.0

I know there's at least one person who wanted to join that one but it got full, and there're probably more people lurking out there. Having seen many games get way more applicants than slots available, including my own, I figure it can't hurt to run something for the people who see threads too late or get unfortunately passed over.

As to who this game is targeted towards, I'm going to quote hippyness here:
QuoteWho I'm looking for:
People interested in the Pathfinder (or really any table top but willing to play Pathfinder) who haven't had too much experience with the game. I'm not going to tell someone they are over qualified but if you don't think "beginner player" or "intermediate player" describes you then this game may not be for you. Level of play is a personal label, not something anyone else can tell you.

Besides beginners, I would also like to give priority to people who aren't involved in a d20 game otherwise (or maybe their game got really slow / is dying). So if you're already involved in a couple other games (you know who you are), I'd appreciate it if you would respectfully give others a chance.

Target number of players is 4-5, personally I'd rather run two games than a single game of 8-10 players especially in a play-by-post format.

So, interest? What adventure / module / path to run is up for discussion between us.

EvilBeast

I'm interested. I've played a lot of 3.5 but have yet to actually play a PF game.

I'm open to any of the adventure paths.

Roketto

Just dropping in to say, good on ya, GM!  It's really good to see games that are more geared toward helping folks into a system than for the usual cadre of veteran players.  I wish you the best of luck and hope that your applicants, and you, have a great time.

AndyZ

Tentatively interested but will want to look at things a bit more.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Yano2mch

I'm interested, been itching to play a PF/PnP game for a while but didn't consider to look here before now.

I've played 3.5 a bit, but not PF.

Autocad

Great to see interested people!

Are there any particular settings anyone craves. Like urban / jungle / ocean / dungeon-crawl etc.

EvilBeast

Jungle can be fun, but I'm up for any. I like dungeon crawling, but that can be really time consuming, unless the DM has a good handle on how to present it in a forum based game. (takes a lot of practice to get the pacing right!)

AndyZ

Not really sure. How many points and all such and what level were you thinking?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Autocad

Probably something standard, like level 1, 15 point buy, two traits, max HP for first hit die, etc.

Yano2mch

Hmm In a dungeon crawl it seems like gathering using another medium for a few hours would likely be helpful, where other non-combat roleplaying could be done on the forums. I am familiar with MapTools so that is an option, assuming most can get together for a one shot little adventure.

AndyZ

Latooni Subota

Ooh. I almost never get a chance to play a Pathfinder game, so I'm pretty interested. I don't have nearly as much experience with the system as I'd like, so this seems like a pretty good opportunity. Is this going to be a long-term thing? Or just a single adventure path? Any homebrew setting-stuff/adventures in the future?

Edit: I'm a big fan of 'classic' adventuring. Going from town to town doing odd-jobs, and chasing down rumors about treasure and other interesting things, with the occasional dungeon crawl thrown in.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Coyote

Pathfinder beginner here, been looking for a d20 play by post to build my skills a little bit, so if you have room for one more please count me in! So will you be generating the setting your self, or will we be going with a pre made adventure?

Hmm I think urban setting are usually more interesting to me than the wilderness, but I'm good with anything like I said I'm starting out and want to learn.
"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less. A shadow on the wall. Yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow"

-Lord Varys, The Spider

Autocad

Hi and thanks for your interest!

Now as for what I'll be running, I'll be using one of the Pathfinder Modules / Adventure Paths. Which one is up to you guys and gals:

Adventure Paths
Council of Thieves: urban
Serpent's Skull: jungle
Jade Regent: far eastern themed. We can play this one seriously or go full weeaboo on this one.
Skull & Shackles: ahoy thar maties!

Modules
Hollow's Last Hope: pick up odd quests from town and trek into the wilderness
Into the Haunted Forest: haunted forest (duh)
Hangman's Noose: urban horror

If you have anything else you'd really want to play, do speak up. Or if none of these catch your fancy I can homebrew something (although I admit that it probably won't be as good as what the professionals who do this for a living come up with.)

Latooni Subota

I'd prefer an Adventure Path to a Module, and while none of the above are really what I've been looking for, Skull and Shackles seems the most interesting out of the lot. Who doesn't like adventure on the high seas, and exploring unknown islands?

Note, I generally play arcane classes, though I have a little experience with Alchemists. Summoner might be neat too.

Edit: 15 point buy? q.q . . . Any chance we can bump that up just a smidgeon?

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Yano2mch

I'll go with whatever; Depending on group size and requirements of the game I may end up either as a rogue, bard or sorcerer.

I have the advanced players guide, the summoner sounds interesting too (But the APG has no good spell list for them, so the SRD is needed to compensate that). When one is decided we'll figure it all out.

Kay Tana

I used to play a good deal of 3.5 a few years back, but kind of trailed off right before they introduced 4.0 due to the usual DM moving. I'd love to get back into playing and I've heard Pathfinder is similar.

Coyote

My first choice would be Council of thieves, second would be Skulls and Shackles. But I would be good with anything they all sound fun. Are there any rules/restrictions on characters we should know about? I'm thinking of going for a cleric.
"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less. A shadow on the wall. Yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow"

-Lord Varys, The Spider

Kay Tana

Started looking at classes over at d20pfsrd.com and I'm really liking the inquisitor class. It's like a cleric's version of the sorcerer.

Autocad

Based on the feedback so far I think we're aiming towards one of the adventure paths. So, in the first (and possibly last) instance of democracy, please vote on which you would prefer:

Council of Thieves
Serpent's Skull
Carrion Crown
Jade Regent
Skull & Shackles
Shattered Star

You can find a brief description of them here: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath

Coyote

-Lord Varys, The Spider

AndyZ

Shattered Star sounds kinda cool but I can go with anything that isn't too high society for a Barbarian. Council of Thieves fits that description.

Latooni Subota

Serpent's Skull! DEFINATELY SERPENT'S SKULL!

Kay Tana

I agree Serpent's Skull sounds really cool, but it also sounds like it would be a lot of GM work.

Yano2mch

Currently I'm Making this bard 2nd level for another campaign, but I don't see any reason I can't use him here too :P

Note, I used the 20point buy, however since it's a bard... I'll let you decide. He's going to be a very laid back character :P

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12240

Latooni Subota

Oh you, implying bards are any less awesome than other classes, when they're clearly amazing. :3

Kay Tana: Not that much work, considering it's an Adventure Path. The majority of the annoying stuff is taken care of already.

Autocad

Looks like a tie between Council of Thieves and Serpent's Skull - c'mon guys, break the tie!

AndyZ

AndyZ

Let me clarify.  My vote is for Shattered Star but I'll happily play in whatever.

Trilogy

Damn, looks like I didn't get in before this filled up...

Well, if you do decide to run a second game, or someone has to drop out, I'd be interested in taking a spot, at least! I've got lots of pen and paper RPG experience but I've only done 3.5 or Pathfinder like once each. If not, good luck to you all  :-)

EroticFantasyAuthor

I'm just curious, but what is the difference between a module and an adventure path?

Yano2mch

Quote from: Latooni Subota on May 10, 2013, 08:11:11 PM
Oh you, implying bards are any less awesome than other classes, when they're clearly amazing. :3

Not sure... Honestly they aren't combat characters. Half the game is fight/hack&slash, You likely can lose interest real fast when turn after turn everyone else is making multiple attacks and firing into combat and casting spells, and you're mostly just singing in the back and have general knowledge of things.

HeroSystem I think does a good job with that, where the cost of things is based on it's effect in combat. You can learn a full language fairly fluently for the same price as a 1d6 punch, and spells and attacks are dozens of points each.

Mmm I have only ever seen one bard played, and that was an NPC (God in hiding) who decided to travel with us; Mostly he used low level healing spells to heal us to full health. (We were 2nd level btw)

NicciKotor

I do need more players for my PF game. Advertisement!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Trilogy

Since there is room for me, I'll cast my vote for Council of Thieves! I always prefer games with a good balance of adventuring and social elements.

Not sure what I'm going to play though. What races are we allowed? I've always wanted to try some of the races out of the Advanced Player's Guide, like the Kitsune... if that's not to weeaboo. I'll probably play an Oracle or a Bard (with the Lotus Geisha and/or the Arcane Duelist archetypes) depending on what other people want to play.

Latooni Subota

So NOW it's a tie between Council and Skull. lol

Kay Tana

Well, assuming they're still playing, neither Yano or EvilBeast has thrown a vote. So we have seven people playing? Isn't that a bit outside what was requested? Not that I'm complaining just confused.

Latooni Subota

I figured once the voting was done, there'd be applications to actually join.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Shouldn't the votes be done by people actually accepted(in the case of applications) and playing in the campaign?

AndyZ

The problem with that is that a pirate character is going to be made differently than a character who lives in the Thieves city.

Yano2mch

Quote from: Kay Tana on May 11, 2013, 02:16:17 PM
Well, assuming they're still playing, neither Yano or EvilBeast has thrown a vote. So we have seven people playing? Isn't that a bit outside what was requested? Not that I'm complaining just confused.

I don't vote for two reasons, firstly I really don't care which module/adventure we play, second I don't know anything about any of them to begin with so if I vote it's a roll of the dice :P

Didact

I see this is full, but it sounds fascinating. If you ever find more room, or want to start another game, I'd be delighted to join.

AndyZ

Well, right now I'm working on a half-orc barbarian with the Pass For Human trait.  She's not that great at society and, even if "lucky" enough to have genetics that seem human enough, doesn't often fool people who get to know her.  Then again, since barbarians rarely seem normal anyway, it's often a wash.

Latooni Subota

Sidenote: For the pirate one, the characters aren't necessarily sailors, at least to start. They're press-ganged into joining a ship.

Autocad

Because voting seems to have failed us, I hereby declare that we shall be playing Serpent's Skull.

Our cast consists of 6 intrepid characters played by:

evilbeast
yano2mch
latooni subota
coyote
kay tana
trilogy

(Sorry andyz, I see that you're already in some other games, so please give other people a chance...)

Now would be a good time to start character creation, if you haven't already.

Allowed sources: official Paizo SRD material.

Level 1
15 point buy
2 traits

In a bit of a twist to those who know how the adventure path's start is written, the party begins as slaves on a pirate ship. Therefore they have no starting equipment or gold, and no familiars or animal companion's either.

After making your character please also tell me one (1) wishlist item that you would like your character to acquire early on. It could be any mundane item or a spellbook. (If you choose a spellbook please also include the spells in your wishlist.) This way you can at least be sure you'll get one correct item for your character build.

You can use an online character sheet like plothook / mythweavers, or make one yourself in-post.

Yano2mch

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12252 Jared, level 1, equipment is carried over from level 2, if you really want i can re-allocate money from scratch, otherwise I'll just drop his money and be happy with what he has right now.
edit: ahh, no equipment, simplifies that :P

Items to want... Hmmm...
edit: added a couple wanted items..
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Well a potion that you drink that makes you 20th level (yeah I don't think you'll give me that :P)
More reasonably, probably a magical ring (Jump, sustenance, +1 anything).
Boots of el... gnomish kind?
As for mundane things, perhaps a tea/party set for gnomes and halflings, book of feats from gnome adventurers, perhaps a spellbook/diary from an illusionist (not that it would have anything he could use)

edited:
Since starting with no equipment at all, a good instrument (He plays the violin),
Carving tools (Craft figurines),
Hmmm....

AndyZ

Trilogy

Alright, given the difference in campaign I took a different tack... here's take one of Aoko the Kitsune Synthesist Summoner!

Aoko
Her Eidolon

Aoko in fox form (Just leaving this reference pic here so I don't lose the link, NSFW and stuff)

I'll write up a description of her and her backstory soon. Going on the theme of a traveling exotic shapeshifter kidnapped from her home lands. Still very social focused, but her eidolon form gives her some combat potential...

Latooni Subota

I don't know how, but I somehow ended up making a Vudrani monk. At the very least, it means my character will be able to swing from ship to ship and survive falling in the ocean! Hopefully I'll have her complete before work starts in a few hours.

Yano2mch

Quote from: Trilogy on May 12, 2013, 12:20:04 PM
Alright, given the difference in campaign I took a different tack... here's take one of Aoko the Kitsune Synthesist Summoner!

Aoko
Her Eidolon

Oohhh a summoner :) I was thinking of trying one out; Rulebook lacks a good list of spells though (There actually aren't enough to Max out all your known spells), SRD gives you a good list though.

Tempting to change my bard, but best if I leave him be.

Latooni Subota

I don't have time for a more in-depth background sadly, but here's what I have so far.

Kali Nah Vajra, Vudrani Monk

Kali Nah Vajra is a Vudrani acolyte of the Monastery of the Unfolding Wind in Jalmeray. Growing up all her life surrounded by martial artists, she learned the value of discpline and order quite early on . . . but never really lost a thirst for adventure. Despite working hard at advancing her craft in the temple, she has chosen to travel the world for a time to hone her craft against monsters and warriors of other lands . . . at least that's her excuse. In the end she really just wants to explore the world and be a proper adventurer. She's been hopping from port to port on various ships ever since, doing odd-jobs in exchange for passage.

(What? Korra was the best Vudrani-looking monk picture I could find. :P )

Coyote

Here is my character, a Cleric

Athoros, The Wretched Priest

Umm I'm really sure if it's all right, so if anyone looks at it and notices something wrong please let me know. He is mainly focused on using mind affecting abilities on opponents and buffing and healing allies. I will put up a backstory soon but he is basically a priest of thieves and sneaky folk.

For an item, I think I would want a full plate of armor, I'm not that experienced with this game but that seems to make the most sense to me.

-Lord Varys, The Spider

Autocad

By the way, I want to clarify that while some of the adventure takes place on the coastline, this is NOT an aquatic campaign. Most of the action takes place in the jungle or ancient ruins in the jungle, like something out of Indiana Jones. (Skull and Shackles is the pirate one. Did you mix them up?)

Trilogy

Reposting these here now that I've cleaned them up a bit...

Aoko the Kitsune Synthesist Summoner (True Form) (NSFW Boob warning)

Character Sheet
Eidolon's character sheet

I'll hopefully write a more detailed backstory tomorrow, but she's a mix of social focus and combat thanks to her eidolon, which is a fox shape she merges with when she summons it. As a Kitsune she also has both a human and fox-person form. As kitsune are a rare, clan-oriented race, she was traveling with her family when she was kidnapped by slavers in a distant port and ended up being shipped off towards foreign shores...

For items... Not sure, actually. I don't need much in the way of weapons thanks to my eidolon. I'll think of something

Kay Tana

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12253

I'm fairly certain that's everything in its place. If not just let me know. I can't think of any mundane item that he'd need or want.

Latooni Subota

oooh, yeah I think I did mix that up. I definately wanted the pirate one, not the jungle one. I'll back down then if we're stuck with Serpent's Skull, since i meant to vote for Skull and Shackles.

Autocad

Well, anybody mind if we switch over to Skull and Shackles?

Pirates are cooler anyways

Kay Tana

No offense to pirates, but if we do switch I think I'll just have to bow out.

Autocad

So... basically whatever I do, one of you will be gone?

EroticFantasyAuthor

Why not do another vote between just the two modules/adventure paths?

Kay Tana

Probably. I took a good look at the pirate one and there just doesn't seem to be anything in it to interest me. Not to say you all wouldn't have fun playing, but I simply don't feel like I'd be into it enough to be of any help.

Yano2mch

If the purpose of this is to get familiar with the system or try out classes/features from 3.5 to PF, then why would it lack interest? The roleplay? Setting? Specific areas/features? I'm sure if you voice specific dislikes with the DM/GM they could alter it a little to incorporate what you would want to have fun...

Trilogy

For the record, I don't mind either option, though I may change my character a bit if we do pirates instead.

EvilBeast

15 point buy is a little restrictive imo, but I'll see if I can make it work. I do have a character (halfling druid) that I will need to tweak. She was built with 20 point buy.

Is there a player's guide for Serpent's Skull?
nm...found it
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8g6d?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Serpents-Skull-Players-Guide

Latooni Subota

The only adventure I found interesting to me was Skull and Shackles. I was pretty hesitant anyways when I saw that you bumped the game size up to 6, so I'm definately not going to play in an adventure path I don't like in a game that's too big.

Trilogy

Guess we're sticking with Serpent's Skull then? Can we get a final GM's verdict? I'm ready to get started whenever.

Coyote

It seems like there is a lot of confusion about the adventure path and someone will be mad no matter what, honestly I would be in favor of simply just flipping a coin at this point

-Lord Varys, The Spider

EroticFantasyAuthor

CapeCodRPGER

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on May 13, 2013, 09:17:27 PM
6 is too big?  ???

Most Pathfinder parties are 4-6 people, thats what the adventures are designed for. I would have liked to try this but its full.

EroticFantasyAuthor

6 sounds like a fine party size to me, thus the confusion.

Autocad

We'll be switching over to Skull and Shackles which is a pirate aquatic campaign. The good news is that the start is still the same - captured on board a pirate ship, with no gear.

Please pay close attention to the instructions for character creation. Consider this a test of your reading comprehension and I reserve the right to boot you if you fail too horribly.

Allowed sources: any official Paizo material (i.e. not third party) that can be found on the pathfinder SRD http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
Starting level: Level 1
Ability scores: 15 point buy (standard fantasy)
Starting traits: 2
Starting gear: None

Additional information: In your character sheet please also indicate one (1) item that you want for your wishlist. This can be any mundane item or a spellbook (please include the starting spells contained as appropriate for a level 1 character). It is meant to make sure that you have the right gear for your build. For example, if you have the feat Weapon Focus (glaive), then you would probably want to put "glaive" on your wishlist to make sure that you get a glaive, instead of, say, halberds. If you are a wizard, then you would probably want to put "spellbook" with the list of starting spells included, otherwise you might find it difficult to prepare spells.

More additional information: Please also indicate what sexual activities you are fine or not fine with.

Finally, our remaining cast appears to be:

evilbeast
yano2mch
latooni subota
coyote
trilogy

If you are on this list and shouldn't be, or if you should be on this list but aren't, please let me know ASAP...

Trilogy

Hmmm... Okay.

The question is-- do I keep my Kitsune Summoner, or switch over to a Catfolk Gunslinger? Only because I've always wanted to play a pirate catgirl...

Autocad

Relevant picture is relevant.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1144367

I'll take nekomimis over furries any day of the week.

Trilogy

Okay, you talked me into it  ;)

Here's what I have so far: Asra, Catfolk Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger Archetype)

I do have a question about our 'wishlist' item: As a Gunslinger, I'm supposed to get my first gun as a class feature, not something I have to purchase. While that obviously doesn't mean I'm going to get to start with a gun in this case, could I get a second non-weapon wishlist item to go with it, to make up for the fact that I'm also losing that part of my class at start?

I'll add those items and my sexual content preferences to my sheet later today!

Yano2mch

Mmmm... Updated to fit the item/kinks requirements: Meet Jared FrogBurn (mind you he has a very long name... WIP)

If there's anything wrong with him let me know.

EvilBeast

Is there any background campaign information? I find it...odd that the only defining character information you require (other than the mechanical build and required wishlist item) is their comfort level with sexual activities.

I don't mind playing an erotic character, or even participating in an erotic game, but this isn't feeling very adventurous. I don't mean to offend, and if I have somehow misconstrued the purpose of this game, then I apologize.

The games I'm used to playing usually involve character background and creation (not talking about mechanics here) in order to be able to role-play. I don't think the character I made will fit in well without knowing more about the campaign and the purposed setting.

Did I miss something somewhere?

Trilogy

Quote from: EvilBeast on May 14, 2013, 04:16:39 PM
Is there any background campaign information? I find it...odd that the only defining character information you require (other than the mechanical build and required wishlist item) is their comfort level with sexual activities.

I don't mind playing an erotic character, or even participating in an erotic game, but this isn't feeling very adventurous. I don't mean to offend, and if I have somehow misconstrued the purpose of this game, then I apologize.

The games I'm used to playing usually involve character background and creation (not talking about mechanics here) in order to be able to role-play. I don't think the character I made will fit in well without knowing more about the campaign and the purposed setting.

Did I miss something somewhere?

Um... that's additional information, not everything you need to play? There's a link on the first page that has a summary of the adventure path we're using, and we know we all start off captured on a pirate ship... we aren't supposed to know each other before this point, unless you'd like to work something in with another character, so whatever happened to your character before that point is up to you.

What more do you need? And what does that have to do with there being ero content?  ???

Yano2mch

Quote from: Trilogy on May 14, 2013, 04:30:38 PM
What more do you need? And what does that have to do with there being ero content?  ???

Not sure, I honestly don't recall a mention for adult/ero content in the thread until you updated what you wanted on the character-sheet (I've been watching the thread for a few days so it's easy to forget stuff).

But we are on an adult site that has a lot of erotica so having some wouldn't be too big a surprise, if the DM allows it, or two characters I guess do their own little erotica on the side while at a tavern or something... Suddenly makes me wonder if the ship is going to be ambushed by mermaids or something...

EvilBeast

Quote from: Trilogy on May 14, 2013, 04:30:38 PM
Um... that's additional information, not everything you need to play? There's a link on the first page that has a summary of the adventure path we're using, and we know we all start off captured on a pirate ship... we aren't supposed to know each other before this point, unless you'd like to work something in with another character, so whatever happened to your character before that point is up to you.

If there is a link on the first page with the adventure path's summary, please point it out to me. I cannot find it (I already tried searching Paizo's site, but it was temporarily out of service).

I understand the captured on a pirate ship bit, that's not the problem. What is very important to me is having basic background information so that I know what kind of character I'd like to make, both in mechanics and fluff. What part of the world are we in? What time of year? Why would my character be in an area that would get himself/herself press-ganged onto a ship of vile pirates? Understanding the character will help understand his/her sexual limitations (not mine).

For the record, I have nothing against a erotic content, or even a game that is focused strictly on it. If I did, why would I be here? Hell, my character may be the biggest fucking pervert in the campaign for all we know. But without the aforementioned basic information, the characters (to me) are as dimensional as the "characters" portrayed in porno movies.

In short: I want a character, not a cumdumpster.

Trilogy

Quote from: EvilBeast on May 14, 2013, 05:14:21 PM
If there is a link on the first page with the adventure path's summary, please point it out to me. I cannot find it (I already tried searching Paizo's site, but it was temporarily out of service).

Quote from: Autocad on May 10, 2013, 11:55:06 AM
You can find a brief description of them here: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath

There you go. There's a little more info about the setting on the srd I think. I haven't had a chance to see if they have the players guide for Skull and Shackles up for free like they have some of them but they might on paizo's site.

And please, relax. Don't just assume that the rest of us don't care about making interesting characters. It's kind of insulting.

We literally just decided what adventure path we're using, I doubt Autocad has even had a chance to read the whole thing yet. You can get your characters core concept and mechanics together and wait to put together the rest of his character when we have more information to go on.

Trilogy

On a little more searching... here's the free Skull and Shackles player's guide. Just have to register and you can download it.

Autocad

QuoteI do have a question about our 'wishlist' item: As a Gunslinger, I'm supposed to get my first gun as a class feature, not something I have to purchase. While that obviously doesn't mean I'm going to get to start with a gun in this case, could I get a second non-weapon wishlist item to go with it, to make up for the fact that I'm also losing that part of my class at start?
Nope, you'll have to use your wishlist slot for your gun. It's a "I NEED this item to function" thing, not a "I would like to have this item" sort of thing. Besides, you'll be freakin' pirates! You're supposed to get your booty the pirate way, not begging your DM for it!

QuoteIs there any background campaign information? I find it...odd that the only defining character information you require (other than the mechanical build and required wishlist item) is their comfort level with sexual activities.
Sure you can have a detailed character backstory if it helps you roleplay, but it's not strictly necessarily in order to function. As for the Skull and Shackles player guide, the link is above in Trilogy's post and you can use that as campaign background.

Yano2mch

Quote from: Trilogy on May 14, 2013, 06:43:20 PMJust have to register and you can download it.

A note on that, ANYTHING you download from there (That requires you to be registered) the downloads will be watermarked with your email address at the top/bottom of the pages, and could include the date, society member number, and just about anything else they want to put there.

Could potentially be annoying, like pre-rendering the pages for a tablet.. (Or printing a character-sheet from the book) *Grumble grumble*

EvilBeast

Quote from: Trilogy on May 14, 2013, 06:18:35 PM
And please, relax. Don't just assume that the rest of us don't care about making interesting characters. It's kind of insulting.

You know, I'm just not getting a good feeling about this game. You all have fun, I'm out.

Autocad

And now we're down to 4 people... (insert "just as planned" face here).

Coyote

Well I'm still in haha

I updated my character sheet with sexual likes/dislikes, my wishlist item is also on there.  I also wrote up a little backstory for the character if that is needed.

Athoros is an orphan, he spent his childhood as a pickpocket, stealing what little he could to get by. One day he chose the wrong mark, a master thief and assassin of the thieves guild. But it was also the most important turning point in his life, he was brought to the guild to see if he would be useful. After a few months of work it was found that he had picked up reading and writing pretty quickly, and was a selected for training to become a cleric of their god Shade. He was inducted into the sacred beliefs that thievery and illicit work are a form of worship. As a Cleric of Shade he helped maintain the vast networks of guilds which connect thieves across the city. Athoros became a favorite among some of the hire ups and he backstabbed some of his colleagues to rise even further up the ranks. He was good at this job, loved the god who had given him a better life, and saw thievery and assassination as life’s highest callings. However in his slow rise to power, he made many enemies. Some of them formed a conspiracy against him, attempting to have him murdered. After barely escaping with his life, he ran into hiding, but in his weakened state he got himself captured by a group of unknown assailants.

-Lord Varys, The Spider

Autocad

I think we are almost ready to begin. Where would you like this to go - light/ bondage/ non consent/ extreme?

Yano2mch

If it were one-on-one then extreme might work (depending what's involved), but the pace with 5 people posting I honestly don't know what to say.

Trilogy

I'd say NC-E, probably? Unless you're planning anything that'd need the extreme tag.

Yano2mch

Quote from: Trilogy on May 15, 2013, 06:19:53 AM
I'd say NC-E, probably? Unless you're planning anything that'd need the extreme tag.

Depends on how you define 'extreme'; It could just be a certain sets of kinks (NC, Rape, bondage), or it could be nitty-gritty-dark and outright evil... *shivers*

I'd rather it didn't get to nitty-gritty or too realistic, perhaps about the same level as certain animes, like Blood++, Shakugan no Shana or Ninja Scroll, but not more than that.

Autocad

Threads are up!

IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=174144.0
OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=174145.0

Once everyone has their character sheets ready and has made an IC post, we can begin proper.

Autocad

Update 6.12: One of the players has left and freed up a slot. Posting rate should be able to respond to a post from the DM in 1-2 days.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

EroticFantasyAuthor

I am interested, but I'm also fairly familiar and experienced with 3.5/Pathfinder.

I am in a few campaigns already however, so if someone else is also interested I will gladly step aside.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Autocad

ShadowFox89

Probably going back to my old fallback of a kitsune (note that I go for more of the "human with fox ears and tails" variety) ninja.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

EroticFantasyAuthor

I would happily fill any need role in the adventuring party.

Muse

I guess E.F.A. spoke up first, but is there a roll it would help to have filled? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Oldknight

I am a complete newb on any rping not freeform, so if an different spot comes up later I would give it a shot.

Autocad

The current party consists of a bard, a cleric and a monk. So this should help you decide what role to play.

Muse

Oldknight

Autocad

Looking for 1 substitute. The expected posting speed is to be able to respond within 1-2 days (with some extra margin during busy times). I would like to see a three-sentence character idea, at least. Surely that's not too much to ask.

Autocad

Since the people who expressed interest seem to have evaporated...

Looking for 1 replacement player. The current party consists of a bard, a cleric and a monk. So this should help you decide what role to play. The expected posting speed is to be able to respond within 1-2 days (with some extra margin during busy times). If you are interested, please provide a (minimum) three-sentence character idea.

As I have been looking for a replacement for a while now, it's first come first serve. And by first come, I mean "first to provide that (minimum) three-sentence character idea".

Muse

How's this: 

Aiden Nightstone is the daughter of a wizard and a sorceress belonging to the Pathfinder Society.  When she was fourteen, they left her at a small university with enough gold to last her a few years, and with her father’s ring.  She studied wizardry with a focus on Evocation.  She used focused her father’s ring—the Nightstone—into an arcane bond.  Now nineteen, her parent’s are two years late in returning.  Aiden’s money is running out, so she has sought employment under the Sword Lords.

Autocad

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Autocad

It's the name of the adventure path. Google is your friend.

swordwind

Hello, noticed this and wanted to give it a shot. How's this sound?

Malic Red-Eye. Half-orc fighter. Level 1

Malic Red-Eye is a half-orc of known reputation, if you don't know it upon seeing him, you'll know soon enough. Cause he'll pound your face into the ground if you act like it isn't someone to take notice of. His years at sea have weather his skin and given him a worn look that masks over his rough past and covers his old tribal scars. He is an older man and at heart he wants nothing more then to be out at sea and fighting those that would like to take that right away from him.