Vampire the Masquerade Mafia [Game Thread] [Day Phase 4]

Started by Blythe, May 13, 2016, 11:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

This is the game thread for the VtM-themed mafia game! Please check the Interest Check for the game rules!

PM the GM (me) rather than ask questions in-thread. I would rather not risk people accidentally revealing their roles because of OOC questions.

- Player list -

1. ThatRPGuy
2. yugi006
3. persephone325
4. Intimate Ink
5. SunshineSparkle
6. Madame Professor
7. Mintprincess
8. Rel Mayer
9. Remiel
10. Seranova
11. theLeslie
12. Geeklet
13. Christa
14. AndyZ
15. AmberStarfire

~ Roles Included ~

x6 Caitiff Neonate
x1 Ventrue Diablerist
x1 Brujah Primogen
x1 Nosferatu Ancilla
x1 Malkavian Prophet
x1 Gangrel Scourge

x2 Antitribu
x1 Lasombra Cardinal
x1 Tzimisce Pack Priest

A Camarilla player will be selected to also be the Wraith.

Slain Players:
- SunshineSparkle perished during the first night!

Blythe

Let the Games Begin!

~ Day 1 ~

Sheriff Blythe was discovered dead last night.

The Prince has called a meeting to try to discover who murdered his most loyal servant. It is a most irregular meeting. This is because it is during the Day. Elysium is locked and barred from any light, and while it is hard for the Kindred to remain awake, they remain awake. The Prince bars them from leaving. Surely there must be a reason the Prince has summoned all to the Decus Et Dolor, a very old and very isolated art gallery in the small city of Mire.

"There are traitors among us," he announces. "My Sheriff, murdered in cold blood while attending to the business required of this domain. I believed that the Sabbat had no foothold in my small city. I was wrong. We must root them out--a Blood Hunt upon them! We must not rest until each of their ilk is exterminated. Why do I have you all here during the day? We outnumber them. We are all weaker during this time...but they dare not tip their hand now."

The Prince says, "The first order of business...we must decide upon a new Sheriff. I am rattled in these dark times. I require the input of those of my domain. Cast your vote for a new Sheriff. I shall take your views into consideration. Should there be a disagreement here in Elysium, a tie that cannot be broken, my Sheriff shall break those disagreements."

~ Plain Game Text! ~

It is time to elect a Sheriff. In the advent of a tie for lynch votes, the Sheriff breaks the tie.

Please cast your votes for Sheriff. Make sure to Bold the name of the player you are voting for.

Geeklet

Well now... we are trapped in here with Sabbat? Guess we better get this shindig started, then!

AndyZ

Dressed casually for a place like this, AndyZ wasn't really considered all that much of a vampire.  After all, the thin blood of the Caitiff didn't even manage to manifest fangs.  He didn't have all that much to say, except one thing...

Quote from: Geeklet on May 14, 2016, 12:19:59 AM

Kensi!  Squee!
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

yugi006

I believe that Rel Mayer would be the perfect choice.

AmberStarfire

"A disturbing thought it is too, Prince of ours, that traitors move among us plotting their foul deeds.

Sheriff Blythe's death shall not be in vain if we can root out those responsible. I would cast my vote to elect Mintprincess to the role of Sheriff. She is at once beautiful and wise, and I would expect her to be uncompromising in her role as Sheriff should she be elected."

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine gave her vote to Madame Professor in hope to bring back security to their life.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Madame Professor

Looking about the room, "I think Geeklet would make a fine sheriff."
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Seranova

I don't know if I can trust anyone enough to cast my vote for a new sheriff. At this point, it's akin to rolling the bones. That being said, random name off the list turns out to be... MintPrincess.

We're all going to die horribly.
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

Rel Mayer

"Someone voted for me?" Rel blushes slightly. "I'll return the favor and nominate Yugi."

Mintprincess

I would say that I did really enjoy being speaker the last round of mafia that we did.  I wouldn't object to handling the role again if you all want to trust me with it.   That being said, from playing it, I would say the following is pretty important in a Sheriff 

• Activity - I would choose someone who is around a lot and reading up on the thread and paying attention
  • Objectiveness - We all know each other at some level, but that doesn't have any bearing on who might be who
  • Intuition - Or basically be able to read between the lines and get that gut feel or pick up the context clues of what others are really saying.

Basically, since you have to break the tie (if there is one, which happened last game), you really need to deduce why people are voting for someone.

From the choices already presented in MP, Geeky or Rel, I think any of those would fit what I would expect, so I'm actually going to hold off for a little while longer and see what everyone else thinks.

Blythe

~ Current Votes ~

1 - Rel Mayer
2 - Mintprincess
1 - Madame Professor
1 - Geeklet
1 - yugi006

- Players Yet to Vote -

ThatRPGuy, persephone325, Intimate Ink, Mintprincess,Remiel, theLeslie, Geeklet, Christa, AndyZ

AndyZ

Nobody else has even hinted at roles yet.  How are we going to choose Sheriff?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Mintprincess

Andy - in every one of these I've never seen someone admit their role on the first day.  Ever.  Sorry but doing so is way too dangerous at this point.    It's really been a random crap shoot

Clio

Christa looks around with no small hint of suspicion in her eyes, but finally randomly picks someone that looks trustworthy enough. Of course, she could be completely off, but a vote has to be placed.

"Perhaps it's the beard...or the slightly authoritative vibe, but I would like to vote for Remiel. I hope that I am not mistaken in my trust."
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Geeklet

While Mint makes a good point, and I am glad that she (and MP) think so highly of me, let me just take this chance to say FUCK THAT. This early, when trying to find out who the Sabbat are, we've got nothing to go on, so every little thing is going to get scrutinized, even if its just names picked at random. I don't need that kind of pressure, man!

So I'm gonna vote for MintPrincess as the Sheriff, since, well, she's already got a couple votes so far, and I just wanna get this show on the road to find out who the REAL bad guys are.

AndyZ

No votes for me.  I see how it is.  It's because I don't have a Clan, isn't it?

Well, I think I'll vote for RelMayer.  It's more or less random at this point anyway.

persephone325

It's pretty much random right now. At least for us good guys.

At 2016-05-14 22:53:01, persephone325 (uid: 36747) rolls: 1d15 Result: 12

Full Result: persephone325 rolled: 1d15
Comment:
Result: 12,
Total: 12

Geeklet gets my vote by sheer randomness.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

Remiel was a handsome vampire.  Perhaps the handsomest of vampires!  With just a flash of his fanged smile he could make any amount of lovely ladies swoon in a most gorgeous black-and-white 1940s fashion, and his slick black widow's peak and red velvet cape were simply the epitome of classical vampire style.

"I, of course, would vote for me," he said, gazing lovingly into a mirror.  Of course, he saw nothing there, because everyone knew that mirrors didn't reflect vampires.  But he still gazed anyway.  "But because I can't, I will nominate Geeklet, because she looks the best in those heels."

Remiel

(So I have been informed that most vampires in VtM do in fact cast reflections, and those that don't are a type of Sabbat.  I did not know this.  I don't know anything about VtM.  Please try not to read too much into my last post.)

Galactic Druid

Don't wanna keep the game waiting, so voting Geeklet. Actual posts with substance will start on the 18th.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

Ok, based on my previous post, And to give the other players options still, I will be casting my vote for Rel.   (sorry sweetie!)  <3

Blythe

Quote from: Remiel on May 15, 2016, 01:57:14 AM
(So I have been informed that most vampires in VtM do in fact cast reflections, and those that don't are a type of Sabbat.  I did not know this.  I don't know anything about VtM.  Please try not to read too much into my last post.)

GM Note: I am going to emphasize what Remiel's written here. A not-insignificant amount of my players in this game are actually unfamiliar with VtM. Please be aware that flavor text may not necessarily be a good way to judge someone in this game if they aren't familiar with VtM. It would be generally good to PM me, please, and ask if another player is familiar with VtM.

In addition, please remember to bold the name of the person you are voting for.

~ Current Votes ~

3 - Rel Mayer
3 - Mintprincess
1 - Madame Professor
4 - Geeklet
1 - yugi006
1 - Remiel

- Players Yet to Vote -

Intimate Ink, theLeslie,

Geeklet

Quote from: Geeklet on May 14, 2016, 08:10:09 PM
While Mint makes a good point, and I am glad that she (and MP) think so highly of me, let me just take this chance to say FUCK THAT. This early, when trying to find out who the Sabbat are, we've got nothing to go on, so every little thing is going to get scrutinized, even if its just names picked at random. I don't need that kind of pressure, man!

Quote from: Blythe on May 15, 2016, 12:43:13 PM
~ Current Votes ~

4 - Geeklet

AmberStarfire

Kenzi for President! I mean Sheriff. :D

I mean Geeklet. You know who I mean.