verb BERD-dawg

Definition
1 : to watch closely
2 : to seek out : follow, detect

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

RampantDesires

"We're on a ship Braden, you don't need to bird-dog behind me.  I've no intention of disappearing and your presence will merely slow me down as I pack and see to..."  one hand waved vaguely around the small cabin and the scrolls and papers overflowing on the inlaid table against the far wall.  There more than a few things that needed her attention before she could join the young princeling and his erstwhile guardian.

"Of course I, I just, I need you to know that I wouldn't have come Althea.  If I thought there was another way.  I'm sorry." 

Now?  Now he apologized?  She drew a slow breath, the muscles in her stomach having contracted as though she'd received a physical blow instead of an emotional one.  Of course it was only desperation which had brought him back to her.  Of course he didn't want to be here, but did he NEED to rub salt into that old wound? 

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Phoenixrisen

"Quit your woolgathering!," Nancy said, smacking me in the back of the head lightly. "You're gonna scare him away mooning over him like that. Who do you think you are, Madonna?"

"It's not like that," I said frowning, and looked over to her. Nancy was supposed to be my best friend and was usually more perceptive than this. How has she not noticed that man bird-dogging us ever since we'd left the mall? "I think we need to go to the police station Nancy, that man has been following us. I don't dare go home, or stay here."

Nancy gave him a closer look now, and I clearly observed him observing us observe him. He smirked and Nancy blanched. "I think you're right," she whispered, "We have to go to the police," She said louder. We got into my car then, keeping our eyes on him, and started towards the station, this time, he didn't follow us.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

persephone325

Today's word of the day is....

meander
verb mee-AN-der

Definition
1 : to follow a winding or intricate course

2 : to wander aimlessly or casually without urgent destination : ramble
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RampantDesires

"I still don't understand how you knew where to find her?  The Nerezza have no country, their ships meander along the coastline.  And yet we came straight here ... and she let us aboard?  I can't believe she let us aboard.  A Nez ship, I never thought to see one let alone be on one it..."

The prince's chatter washed over him and Braden listened with half an ear, making an appropriate 'mmm' sound from time to time to keep the lad talking.  Anything to avoid answering that first question.  There was no way to explain that he made it his business to know where Althea was at all times, not without dragging out pieces of their labyrinthine history that were best kept buried. 

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Phoenixrisen

Sylvester walked along the edge of the meandering stream, well as best he could anyway without making himself sick. He understood that water tended to take easiest path, but still, this was a bit much.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Theta Sigma

The path of the meandering thought is as follows.

My focus is to go to the shops. I need eggs and milk, but oh. Isn't it cold out here? I should've brought a coat. I wonder if the park is open. When is that film on tonight? I hope I don't miss it. Angela said she would call tomorrow. Hate her, but I get some juicy gossip from her.

I have a text.

Should I read it?

Nah.

What do I need from the shops?

Oh yes, milk.

Oooh they've got a sale on coconuts. How cool. Maybe I should pick one up. They also have some decent chickens, I'll grab one of those...

Another text.

Opening message...

Hmm, I could pick up peppers and have a creamy sauce with pasta and peppers...

Bread, need bread.

The message goes unread and the eggs are forgotten.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

persephone325

March 10th's word of the day was....

lexicographer
noun lek-suh-KAH-gruh-fer

Definition
: an author or editor of a dictionary

Apologies for the lateness. I blame Jessica Jones. >.>
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RampantDesires

Their ship was much smaller than her stately vessel, more a boat really with a single wide sail and shallow bottom suited for travel along the rocky coast.  Still there was more than enough room for the three of them as well as the neatly stacked and lashed down pile of provisions for their journey, but the longer she was aboard the vessel the more cramped and indeed almost claustrophobic it seemed.

The boy would. not. shut. up.

Listening to his grand battle plans and ideas for the future was bad enough, he was all earnest idealism and very little practical know how.  Althea did not have the heart to poke holes in his proposals and squash his youthful enthusiasm so she just smiled and nodded.  When his audience did not warm to that topic though he turned to another.

"So are the two of you related then?  I recall Braden mentioning you briefly in a story from his youth.  Not that he talks about that much ... or just talks in general, but I distinctly remember him saying your name when I asked about the scar on his chin and.."

"No."  She cut him off a bit abruptly, the warning in her voice should have been enough for him to once more alter course in the conversation.

"Oh.  Friends then?  Neighbors?"  He seemed honestly perplexed as he looked between them and for a moment she was tempted to lay all the boy's questions and curiosity on Braden's shoulders and make him answer. However even the most skilled lexicographer would find it impossible to find a word to describe their long-ago relationship, and to be honest she didn't truly want to hear him try to constrain their history into a few simple words.

"My past is not up for discussion your highness.  Not now, not ever.  I suggest you resign yourself to that now because if I have to remind you of it again you will not care for my methods."

persephone325

March 11th's word of the day was....

scilicet
adverb SKEE-lih-ket

Definition
: that is to say : to wit, namely
I don't know.

RampantDesires

Croesus
noun KREE-sus

Definition
: a very rich man

brainsout

"He is a Croesus". Jane was angry when looking on the letter the treasurer passed over to her. "And now he dared to give us a donation of just 100 Euro ..." She decided to visit her uncle in the evening and to kick his ass - and to ask for a more valuable support of their association. "We simply need money for renovation of the building, and to pay all the effort for our activities in the next months..."

My o/o thread - My Request thread ( maybe always object to change/ under construction)

Theta Sigma

laudable
adjective LAW-duh-bul

Definition
1 : worthy of praise : commendable

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

RampantDesires

invigilate
verb in-VIJ-uh-layt

Definition
1 : to keep watch; especially : to supervise students at an examination

2 : supervise, monitor

NewEraW

The sounds of the timer ticking away was enough to drive any man insane, the repetitive ticking sound was driving Shawn bonkers as he debated about which wire he was supposed to cut. This was his final examine, and this test determined weather or not if he would be able to join the bomb squad of the Detroit's Finest. Each second seemed to draw longer then the last as he could fill his heavy breathe filling the inside of his mask and creating a light fog across his shield. His eyes studied the wires once more as he allowed his attention to be drawn away from the practice bomb and up to the woman designated to invigilate his exam. A light grunt cleared his throat as he moved the sharpened wires cutters between the plated orange wiring and the blackish red one. His eyes slightly closed as he took a deep breath and final glance at the clock. There was still thirty seconds left for him to make a decision.

He allowed his mind to dig the through the lectures of multicolor wiring and how they normally related to one and another. No matter how hard he tried, his mind just couldn't spawn an idea of what to do. He slightly allowed his eyes to take another glance at the timer as his gut screamed for him to cut the black wire. With four seconds left on the clock he would steady his hand and cut the wire. He watched as the timer slowed stopped at one second. As Shawn allowed his breathing to calm, but now came the fun part. He would have to finish breaking the bomb the down and removing all remote threats before passing the exam. The next few second of the test seemed to fly by as he broke the practice bomb and made it safe for transport to a designated blast zone.

A light expression of relief drew across his face as he stepped out of the practice room and began removing the protective gear. He smiled lightly too the propter as he watched her draw close to him. He carefully straighten his posture as he looked the woman in the eyes and prepared to received her criticism. He watched as the woman flipped through a couple of pages before, finally clearing her throat while nodding lightly and beginning.

"Your efforts were laudable..." 

I just couldn't help but to sneak in the extra word.
Creator of bitter sweet dreams.
O&Os
So You Think You Want to Play

Theta Sigma

telegenic
adjective tel-uh-JEN-ik

Definition
1 : well-suited to the medium of television; especially : having an appearance and manner that are markedly attractive to television viewers

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

persephone325

Some people are photogenic, but he was also telegenic; so it was no surprise he was approached by a talent scout for a place in a new television show.
I don't know.

Chanticleer

While he was criticized for having the least telegenic face in White House history, the first undead President of the United States was surprisingly quick to earn the trust of the common citizen. Interviews with the celebrated man-in-the-street were likely to describe him as "homely," at worst and "believable" at best. Vampires, one newspaper opined, were well-known for portraying themselves as beautiful and seductive...A deception that led the average living citizen to mistrust them. As a ghoul, the new President was often remarked upon for his considerable aplomb at being willing to appear before the cameras without an extensive makeup team. "Just being myself," as he quipped, "Or at least as much of myself as is left." Rumors and questions among his detractors regarding the condition of his (presumably somewhat decayed) brain wilted swiftly before his dry, deadpan sense of humor. From his first acceptance speech where he commented on how he was "Dying to meet his constituents," to interviews with the social press about the autobiography which all presidents invariably write: "The nice thing about being undead is, it really gives you the opportunity to get your life in order. After all, you're done with it," he commented to one interviewer. On the Tonight Show he quickly stole the spotlight from the host. "Please, folks. Let me catch my breath." The ghoul paused briefly. "This might take a while."
My current O/os (need work)

RampantDesires

"If you have a rightful claim, scilicet a BLOOD claim, how is it your uncle came to hold Averly in the first place?" 

That question at least made the boy pause.  In all his rambling up to now he'd not truly touched upon the topic which to her seemed most relevant.  Both men shifted beneath her regard and finally Braden shrugged, "Your caution is laudable, but you may as well tell her my Prince, she'll find out soon enough on her own and it is best to get it out of the way now."

The young man drew in a slow breath and then let it out in a rush of what might have been annoyance or perhaps exasperation.  Clearly he was not keen on sharing, but she couldn't find it in herself to care about is discomfort.  "I was ... away from home for quite some time, even before Galthor's assassination and all this madness began.  My father secured me a place with the Wangateur.  I know many dismiss them as quacks, but they are quite a learned and exclusive group..." Ahh, no wonder he was so defensive; Althea smiled reassuringly silently urging him to continue.

"My studies were going well and then the world went crazy.  Father sent Braden to me, partly to invigilate and gauge my readiness to return, but mostly to play guardian I think.  He thought I would be safer away from home, and he was right.  Both he and my elder brother died soon after in what one can only call suspicious circumstances though the methods appeared natural and no direct charges could be laid.  My uncle stepped in and assumed control of the city and thereby the entire principality.  There were some who protested, he married into our family, the husband of my father's youngest sister, and has no real claim to the seat.  Those protests were squashed quickly.  He holds the treasury there and has hired mercenaries to 'keep order'.  How are the people to stand against a despotic Croesus?"

persephone325

anent
preposition uh-NENT

Definition
: about, concerning
I don't know.

persephone325

uncanny
adjective un-KAN-ee

Definition
1 : seeming to have a supernatural character or origin : eerie, mysterious

2 : being beyond what is normal or expected : suggesting superhuman or supernatural powers
I don't know.

RampantDesires

"Are we almost there?" The prince's question was equal measure plaintive and hopeful.

"Not yet..." Their voices blended together in unison.

"Maybe in the morning...."

"But most likely with the next evening's tide." She finished for him unable to stop the small smile that curved at her lips.  So they were back to that again already humm?  They'd always had the uncanny ability to finish each other's thoughts and sentences.  Some things did not change.  Her smile faded as she broke the brief eye contact and looked out over the water rippling against the sides of the boat.  Far too many things DID change and there was no point if falling back into bad habits.

Mirrah

There as something uncanny about Rebecca. Maybe it was the way she easily calmed overly raucous patrons just by stopping at their table and talking with them a bit. Why, she even had a way of making crying babies laugh.

It was a total surprise when a strange man came in asking anent her. Details like how long she'd worked in the diner, and who had hired her, even references. Such a shame. We haven't seen her since.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

persephone325

farce
noun FAHRSS

Definition
1 : a savory stuffing : forcemeat

2 : a light dramatic composition marked by broadly satirical comedy and improbable plot

3 : the broad humor characteristic of farce

4 : an empty or patently ridiculous act, proceeding, or situation
I don't know.

Mirrah

The farce had taken quite a bit of work to prepare, but she was satisfied with the results. Not bad for a first timer with little experience in the techniques required. Now came the important part. The tasting.

Eep!

Less cloves next time, she penned onto the margin of the printed recipe sheet.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?