How about a little scifi?

Started by Fior, December 28, 2009, 10:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fior

There are some stories running in the adult area that have me drooling, but I can't play with the "grown ups" for like another week because of the holiday hold. Particularly the Firefly/Stargate stuff.

Anyone interested in a PG13 scifi story? In space, or space age. Could be a universe of our making or one we're fond of....

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?

Fior

ok. ok...how about something more obscure? Red Dwarf, anyone? Care to explore being the last of a species in a seemingly empty universe? One that slowly turns out not to be so empty?

Hrm...I've got a whole plotishness brewing up here in my head, now. One character per player. Huge, city sized ship floating near nothing civilized. There was a radiation leak with little to no warning. We were in stasis for whatever reason and are only just being let out after a few hundred years? I'm typing while I think here. I'll write up a clearer senario and post it tonight or tomorrow, but you get the idea. I'm not looking for horror, something fun but with adventure and scary moments too. Something ongoing. I have a larger plot in mind. If it doesn't pick up here, I'll move it over to adult when I'm approved. We could always start this here and move it later together too. Whatever group consensus turns out to be...assuming we get a group going.

ok. done babbling. gimmee input, please, and I'll output something more polished in a bit. ;)

Geradine

i would be interested in a scifi rp, maybe moving to adult later. i've seen pandorum recently, and the plot idea behind the movie was facinating. Pandorum is and affliction  like...depression. it is triggered by severe mental trauma and results in the person going completely insane and having delusions of godlike power. in the movie, on of the pilot crew had Pandorum and killed the other two members of the crew. he woke up a few other people from hypersleep, and then went to sleep himself. those people he woke up bred and evovled to be adapted to the ship. in the mission that was supposed to take 128 years to complete, 928 years had passed, with the ship slowly dieing due to an unbalanced core. feel free to run with and adapt any way you like.
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

jazz

Would definately be interested!  Simply love Firefly and Stargate 'verses. 
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. ~ Pablo Neruda

applesauce

Interested. Still awaiting approval so once (if) I do get approved, I shall join your adult one too.

LstandsFORlove

That sounds cool, I'll join, if you don't mind!
Lst

Jarod1

I would be intrested, in being apart of a sci-fi.  I've been involved in a lot of Sci-fi fantasy roleplays so this would be right up my alley. 

Tschel23

Is this still open? I may be interested!
'Oh, just to be in the warm glow of all this testosterone.' Farscape: Aeryn Sun Episode: Family Ties

KittyRivera

I'd really appreciate the opportunity to join, if there's still room for me!

A Sci-Fi idea:

A futuristic black-market trade booms for human goods from Earth and her Colonies, and a small group of mercenaries and smugglers work as a team to ship the products beneath the United Earth Government's watchful eyes.  However, war is brewing black around the bend, as several of the far-flung Outer Colonies are suddenly cut off from long-distance communication satellites, and the planets are discovered to be completely abandoned, as if every single one of the colonists had literally vanished. Six colonies have been affected, and now...The mercenaries are now the UEG's best hope for finding out what happened before the mysterious force strikes again. They have routes, knowledge and pull that the red tape and politics of the Earth government don't, and the rag-tag band of misfits have just one chance to become humanity's greatest heroes.