Current to-do list (Add requests here : )

Started by Vekseid, March 03, 2009, 07:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Vekseid on March 03, 2009, 06:59:52 PM
Err... yeah, Not going to spend much effort on 800x600 : / Sorry.

*Laughs*  I kind of feel like being rejected for not being allowed to race because my horse and buggy is out of date.  Once again, it really is not a big deal, but I figured out the change in the forums.

Before, when an avatar was too large, scrollbars vertically & horizontally would appear around the avatar so that you can see the full picture if you wanted, but it was still condensed enough not to change the post.  The scrollbars have disappeared in the new forum as every avatar can be clearly seen.

It’s not that important as it gives me incentive to change my resolution permanently, but just a quirky observation...
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Valerian

Speaking of the newly replied to threads, is anyone else having problems with the new link not actually bringing them to the new posts?  I always end up having to scroll down to get to the ones I haven't read, and that never used to happen.  It may just be me, but that happens both at work and at home, which means it happens on two different operating systems (XP and Vista) as well as two different browsers (IE and Chrome).
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Haibane

Quote from: Vekseid on March 03, 2009, 07:30:27 AM
Err, but let me know if it still happens, regardless >_>
I am not getting log-outs any more. Nor... interestingly am I using www.elliquiy.com, I'm still bookmarked to the IP address.

Cherri Tart

put me in charge of everything *keeps straight face*
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Hunter

Quote from: jouzinka on March 03, 2009, 02:02:37 PM
I'm willing to volunteer in finding the smilies set. And yes, I do understand, that unlike my own personal set they should NOT be animated.

Hunter, "My Topics" are now named "Bookmarks." ;)

It is?  Then that's why they're not there?  :P

Maeven

Quote from: Hunter on March 04, 2009, 08:38:41 AM
It is?  Then that's why they're not there?  :P

Hunter go to your profile, hover over modify profile; you'll see 'notifications' listed there.  Those are your old ones. You can transfer them to your bookmarks.   
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Hunter

Quote from: Maeven on March 04, 2009, 08:58:50 AM
Hunter go to your profile, hover over modify profile; you'll see 'notifications' listed there.  Those are your old ones. You can transfer them to your bookmarks.

Ah, okay.  Thanks.   :)  *gropes around blindly some more*

Older And Wiser

There appears to be a problem with how the page is rendered in Firefox, at least version 3.0.6.  The chat/shout section drops down so that it covers all the tabs to the viewer's right from the "WIKI" link and beyond.  THis covers suchs things as bookmarks and messages.  I can email you screen shots if you like.

Older And Wiser

Quote from: Older And Wiser on March 04, 2009, 09:38:46 AM
There appears to be a problem with how the page is rendered in Firefox, at least version 3.0.6.  The chat/shout section drops down so that it covers all the tabs to the viewer's right from the "WIKI" link and beyond.  THis covers suchs things as bookmarks and messages.  I can email you screen shots if you like.

Never mind... I figured it out.  "It's a feecha!" as they say in Boston

Stattick

You know, for the life of me, I cannot remember exactly what the site did for private messages before the change. Yeah, stupid to have something like that, but unable to remember it...

Nevertheless, I would get alerted somehow to having new messages very quickly to when I recieved them. Now sometimes, they'll just sit there and sit there, unnoticed, sometimes for an hour or more, while I'm active on the site, flitting from thing to thing, not noticing the little number(s) next to "My messages". So, it's causing me to unintensionally ignore my PM's, and thus, those that are PMing me. Honestly, it's biggest complaint that I have right now. If we could go back to the old way, uh, whatever that was (stupid brain rot), that would be fantastic. If not, maybe we could have a little pop-up that says, "Hey smuck, you've got messages... ya want to look at 'em?" Alot of other sites I've been a member of did it that way, it worked really well.
O/O   A/A

jouzinka

Stattick, see number three on the To Do list and as for a pop-up that would sort of kick you that you have new messages, go to Profile -> Personal Messaging -> tick the "Show a popup when you receive new messages?" ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Caeli

Quote from: Stattick on March 04, 2009, 01:31:28 PM
You know, for the life of me, I cannot remember exactly what the site did for private messages before the change. Yeah, stupid to have something like that, but unable to remember it...

Nevertheless, I would get alerted somehow to having new messages very quickly to when I recieved them. Now sometimes, they'll just sit there and sit there, unnoticed, sometimes for an hour or more, while I'm active on the site, flitting from thing to thing, not noticing the little number(s) next to "My messages". So, it's causing me to unintensionally ignore my PM's, and thus, those that are PMing me. Honestly, it's biggest complaint that I have right now. If we could go back to the old way, uh, whatever that was (stupid brain rot), that would be fantastic. If not, maybe we could have a little pop-up that says, "Hey smuck, you've got messages... ya want to look at 'em?" Alot of other sites I've been a member of did it that way, it worked really well.

Link here --> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=settings
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Sorsha

Help I see the SB but ZI see no button to send the message
History is made at night.  Character is what you are in the dark.  ----Lord John Warfin in Buckaroo Banzai

Ons and Offs

Caeli

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Sorsha

History is made at night.  Character is what you are in the dark.  ----Lord John Warfin in Buckaroo Banzai

Ons and Offs

Caeli

Might be your browser. I would suggest restarting your browser, clearing your cache, the usual.
If you have further troubles, I suggest posting --> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=31645.msg1692791#new

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Hey Vek!

Is it possible to make the names clickable in the SB?  I like to be able to click on a new name to see if they are unapproved/approved and a newbie/or just someone I haven't met yet!!

Dawg

Youtube BB Code is not working, sample of what we were using:

[youtube=455,364]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QRy-PEgbls[/youtube]
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Vekseid

Quote from: Greenthorn on March 05, 2009, 08:45:38 AM
Hey Vek!

Is it possible to make the names clickable in the SB?  I like to be able to click on a new name to see if they are unapproved/approved and a newbie/or just someone I haven't met yet!!

Added to the list : )

Quote from: Dawg on March 05, 2009, 10:39:20 AM
Youtube BB Code is not working, sample of what we were using:

[youtube=455,364]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QRy-PEgbls[/youtube]

The BBCode no longer applies. I'm waiting to see if Aeva updates again before applying it again >_>

With Aeva everything is automatically linked (including adult video sharing sites) and to not embed you use the [noembed] tag. I just turned it off for now as it's rather picky on being installed uninstalled.

Dawg

Quote from: Vekseid on March 05, 2009, 10:45:11 AM
The BBCode no longer applies. I'm waiting to see if Aeva updates again before applying it again >_>

With Aeva everything is automatically linked (including adult video sharing sites) and to not embed you use the [noembed] tag. I just turned it off for now as it's rather picky on being installed uninstalled.

Thanks, thought I saw that when the new server  first came up, then it disappeared. will see it when it comes back again.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

j9nightelf

Quote from: Valerian on March 03, 2009, 11:11:41 AM
Any chance of re-adding the "you have XXXX messages, X are new" notifier?  It wouldn't have to be as large as it was, but I keep missing the tiny little numbers that appear on the message tab.  Eventually I'll get the habit of looking in the right spot, so it's no big deal; but I wanted to ask.

And okay, I like seeing how many messages in total I have at a glance...

I feel exacly the same!  And other then the big signatures, everything looks great! 

THANK YOU!

Vandren

This is wiki related and fairly minor for the time being . . .

I uploaded a couple images for one group last night, used them on a page, but the thumbs aren't appearing.  I get a "Error creating thumbnail: sh: /usr/local/bin/convert: No such file or directory" message.  The files do exist (I see them and can open their pages when I go to "My Contributions"), so no clue why they aren't working.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Vekseid

Quote from: Vandren on March 05, 2009, 11:11:35 AM
This is wiki related and fairly minor for the time being . . .

I uploaded a couple images for one group last night, used them on a page, but the thumbs aren't appearing.  I get a "Error creating thumbnail: sh: /usr/local/bin/convert: No such file or directory" message.  The files do exist (I see them and can open their pages when I go to "My Contributions"), so no clue why they aren't working.

Sorry, should be fixed now. Forgot to add a symlink.

Vandren

The links to the images are working, but it's not making thumbnails.  Images uploaded before the update are working perfectly with the exact same code in the page (copy-pasted the image insertion code from the older images, then changed the file names).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei