News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The 90 Day Challenge ~ Fighting the Pounds Off!

Started by Izu, March 09, 2014, 08:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

Congratulations, Izu! Keep up the great work :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Izu

Thank you, dear. *hugs* Thanks for  the support <3

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

jouzinka

*bounces around and randomly hugs Izu*

This is my favorite part, actually.
Quote from: Izu on March 17, 2014, 01:53:12 PM
Ah, do you know what else is for the first time? For the first time I actually don't care about the results as I'm feeling simply amazing!

Seriously, you kick some serious butt, Izu. Keep on rockin'
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Izu

Day 11

A really long day at work. And I just found out that I've uploaded something broken on production last week (no one noticed it until today). Uh... Not feeling great. I'd normally go for something sweet or junkie when I feel like this... but right now I'm just too tired to even think about any of that. Honestly, hardly managed to do my workout 1, round 4. I got home at around 8pm, worked out, showered, ate and continued debugging from home to find where the problem is. Bleh. But I still worked out and I am not breaking my diet, so... yeah...

Caeli

Working out can sometimes be much harder when you're thrown off your game (sick, had a bad day, etc.); the hardest part can be 'showing up'.  The fact that you worked out is amazing and awesome!  *hugs*

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Izu

*hugs* Uh... yeah... I'm quite proud of myself. Usually when my mood is bleh I really feel like doing nothing. And I did feel like doing nothing, especially when I saw that I'm the one in fault, but I just got off my ass and did the workout. And, yeah, it was overwhelming... But I did it. And that  was a first for sure. And for an emotional eater like me, not giving in to the stress and the bleh-ness is just... huge.

Caeli

And remember also that working out releases endorphins in our body, which will help you feel better and combat any feelings of depression you might be trying to deal with.

:-) *more hugs*

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Izu

*hugs onto Caeli* True that. Despite feeling bleh before and during workouts sometimes, after that I feel just... better.

Day 12
Last of workout 2. Once again was over exhausted from work, but despite getting home a little after 8pm I still worked out. It took quite the effort to finish it through, and after I was done I hardly forced myself to eat - it's way too late for me to eat, not used to eating after 8pm, but I was nearly 300 calories short so skipping dinner was not an option. Uh... work was alright today - fixed everything, but I dunno... kind of exhausting to make the project cross-browser compatible and cross-OS compatible... -___- Had to redo the css for Windows Chrome, Windows Firefox, IE and Mac Chrome, Mac Firefox and Safari -__-''
I guess it just all drained me. Hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling better and I will manage to push through the cardio. 

Izu

Day 13 - End of First Half of First Phase

Well, today was my 4th round of cardio - still quite hard, but I finished it. Tomorrow is a rest day, but I'll be going out with friends, maybe dancing, we'll see, so I'll still get a bit of movement. On Saturday I'm starting Workout 3 - haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it will kick ass quite seriously. Even though I'm not measuring myself cm-wise, I did peek at my weight in the mornings and... well... I haven't lost anything and gained back that one kg that I thought I had lost. I do hope it's holding in water due to eating saltier than before in order to get in all the ingredients I need, but.. well... it's a bit discouraging. On the other had is quite motivating because it's getting me angry and wanting to push harder and just kick those pounds away once and for always.

Gh. I will finish this. And I will not only finish it, but I will keep on living a healthy and active life.

jouzinka

You are working out, Izu. You're gaining muscles and muscles are heavier than fat. I think you are acing this really nicely.

<3 *hugs*

Izu

*hugs* Well... I'm not quite sure that it's possible to gain muscle mass in just two weeks, especially with following a low calorie plan. But we will see. Definitely having a different attitude this time. Usually by day 10 with no loss I simply give up, but this time my spirit is not completely crushed like always. I am loving what I'm doing.

Izu

Day 14 - Rest day (Friday)

Well, quite proud of myself. Stayed in my calories, and when we went out to the karaoke and later at a bar and after that to a 27/7 diner  I didn't break my diet. All I had was water and one sparkling water. I was a bit tempted to get a beer, but knowing myself one beer in and I'd be ordering another. So, I didn't let myself get alcohol and completely make all of my efforts pointless. And even though at 4am I was already hungry from dancing and simply being up all night long, I didn't allow myself eat anything in the diner. Mid-night snacking is something horrible - can throw your organism in a WTF mode for a while. So... yeah... and I had tons of fun. I was actually surprised that I could enjoy myself without alcohol. All of this is really opening a whole new world to me.

Day 15 - Workout 3 #1, and an amazing active Saturday

Well, today was an amazing day. I can totally see being active becoming a part of the rest of my life. I woke up at 9.30 (went to bed around 4.30-5is am) - I was still sleepy but I knew that I was not going to get much rest after my initial waking up. So went out with the roller blades, did a full hour and a total of 10km, after lunch I went out with my bike - it needed cleaning and a bit of fixing as it had stayed in the basement for nearly two years. After I got it all fixed  I rode it for nearly 2 hours, a total of 15km. And the day was simply amazing - warm, about 20C, sunny, everything is blossoming. I felt so amazing. And of course when I got home I stood by my workout plan and worked out. Today was workout 3, first time around, beginning of 3rd week. The workout was crazy, but so energizing at the same time. I was surprised just how many thing I could do without a problem when if I had just seen them I would have laughed out as they seem so impossible. For only 2-3 weeks I've built up a lot of stamina. :3 Makes me super happy. Though right now my butt is killing me (damn bike's seat is hardddd) :P

As a whole I'm feeling great. What I realized today was that I might be having a bit of confidence boost. I was freaking out that people would laugh at me for riding around on rollerblades or with the bike, and a year or so ago when I last rode my bike some random person smiling or laughing in my direction (not at me, just in my general direction) I always assumed that they were laughing at me. Today when I'd pass by other people who were out working out - jogging, biking, I've had a few people smiling at me, but this time I just felt as if they were rooting for me. Like 'Good job!' ^__^

Izu

Day 16 - O. M. G.

Okay, so today when I woke up I was quite sore. Especially my butt >< But I got out of bed and went out with my bike. I hardly managed to sit down as the seat was killing me. But I did ride for one hour and a total of 10kms. I got home and did Workout 4 #1, and omg... it's crazy hard. I had already mastered workouts 1 and 2 and they were getting easy, and now workout 3 yesterday was challenging, but this workout 4 is just... wow... really wow... I made through all of it, with a few several-seconds-long pauses and tons of modifications of quite a few of the exercises because... well... they are crazy. Like that one - you stand into a plank, from there you do leg kicks... Holly cow... Or that one you stand with your arms up, you do a backwards lunge, you kneel down then you get back on one knee and push yourself up from lunge to a standing position. It was... like... Whuuuuut. o.o I had to watch it twice before I even got what I had to do. Crazy. But I'm loving it.

Izu

Day 17

Woke up with a horrible headache due to yet another crazy moodswing - in the past 5 days we went from 5C to 23C and this morning was back to 5C with clouds and rain. Hardly slept, my wrist kind of hurt and so did my butt. I guess that I'm seriously out of shape if a couple of days of biking got me that sore. The day was long with tons of work, and as the weather didn't clear up and it started pouring I couldn't go roller blading as I had planned initially. Needless to say that bad weather really affects my mood and I was/am kind of feeling down, but despite getting back home late (had to go pay some bills and buy some groceries) I did do my cardio workout. Hardly made through it. I'm in my third week now and I still can't do it without breaks. Today was extra hard due to the muscle soreness from the weekend.

On the brighter side, I bought some organic raw almonds and oat flakes and I've divided them into 30g snacks to take to work. Even though we do get bio muesli at work (we've got tons of snacks including fruits, several types of muesli, cereal, milk, and other 'bad' stuff), they are stuffed with dried fruits which add tons of pointless calories (especially as I really dislike the dried fruits but it's impossible to pick them out as they are cut into tiny pieces). So, now if I get hungry or if I'm running low on calories at work I will have a healthy snack at any time.

Izu

Day 17 - Skipped

Well, yesterday I was supposed to do workout 3, but instead I went out with my brother to see the new movie with Kevin Costner - 3 Days To Kill - it wasn't bad, a bit of a cliched action, but I liked it. What I'm most proud of is that even though we had dinner in one of my favorite restaurants with those amazing burgers I didn't indulge. I had a healthy dinner, finished off my daily calories and at the cinema didn't get soda or popcorn, but just water.

I did feel a bit guilty about skipping my workout but I got home at nearly midnight, so I had time only for a quick shower before crushing to bed. I will catch up over the weekend.

Day 18 - Results after week 2

So today I did workout 3, but I've decided to still have my rest on Friday as usual, and continue on as my planned program from Saturday. The cardio will be caught up either with doing it on Saturday if the weather is bad, or biking and/or rollerblading. 

For those who wonder whether to get the Body Revolution - do it. It's amazing. And the fact that it changes all the time and it is always new and interesting without risking getting it boring. And it works. Trust me.

My results so far from the beginning:
above knee -3.5cm,
thigh 'fattest part' -3cm,
hips  -6cm,
ass fattest bit -4.5cm,
tummy fattest bit-3.5cm,
tummy thinnest bit-3cm,
chest -3cm,
arm relaxed biceps -2cm
KGs -2kg.

Quite happy with the results. Even though the kgs are not much and they go up and down (most has gone down to 2.5 but they are usually the most around 1.8), I'm more than delighted with my other measurements.

I can't wait to see how I'll proceed for the next weeks and months. But either way I'm sure that the BR program is going to keep on kicking my ass :3

Oreo

I'm really glad you are doing the measurements. The weight loss is one of the hardest parts to get past when dieting and exercising. There are also times when you plateau, and you might go up to three weeks before the scale starts dropping again, even though you are still losing cms. I got greater satisfaction when my clothing sizes dropped. ;D

You are doing awesome Izu!!

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Izu

Thanks, Oreo ^__^ And yes, definitely - today I noticed that my tightest jeans are no longer tight at all even though they were freshly washed :3 Great feeling. I've also inspired my two closest friends to go for it as well and we'll be setting up a google doc with measurements, challenges and points (competition style) to get each other in line :P

Izu

Day 19

Oh. M. G.
I hardly made it through the workout. The more I get into the two new workouts (3 and 4), the better I know the exercises, the more properly I do them, the harder they get. By the end of the 30 minutes I was hardly standing on my feet. Actually thank god that the last circuit is mainly floor based exercises, so that I could just stay on the floor after it was done and die. Even the stretch/relaxation after the main workout is floor based and I'm starting to suspect that the reason behind this is simply because there is no way anyone could stand on their two feet in the end. I was so wiped that I seriously had to just stay on the floor after the video was over for a few more minutes. All of my clothes and my hair were soaked with sweat o.o But now that I've taken a shower (really warm one to relax the muscles and prevent muscle soreness tomorrow) and after I finished my dinner I feel a bit better.

Truth to be told work is really hardcore right now with me optimizing my project, getting into really long discussions with commercial team and my bosses about picking up and making from scratch one more module/mini-project in relation to the current one before moving into the new (the new for which I was promoted to a team leader even though right now it's just a team of me xD -looking for developers), so... it's stressful and I have to be highly concentrated all day long and this stress me out even more, so those hard workouts are really doing me a great favor in wearing me out and wearing all the stress out. Honestly, I've never thought that I'd be looking forward to getting back home and working out. But... here I am - something that before used to stress me out additionally (having to workout to lose weight) is right now becoming one of my favorite things to do. Quite happy about it. :3

jouzinka

Congratulations on all your achievements, Izu. You're a tough fighter. *hugs*

Izu

Thank you, Jouzi <33 *hugs*

Day 20 - Rest

Yesterday was a rest day. I went out with my closest friend and saw Noah - it was quite good. And I am once again quite surprised at how well I'm doing with temptations. My friend had a Subway and I would have easily gone for one with a big coke, but I didn't even think when I went to another restaurant/booth?(whatever you call the different types of food at a mall's food court) and instead got a steak and salad. For a person like me who really doesn't eat much eat, I'm doing well in this as well. Protein is very important and taking it through food is... good. Surprisingly the more I workout and the better I feel, the bigger the crave for meat is becoming. I guess my body and muscles are needing the protein and that kind of 'fat' to keep on getting in shape.

So... it was a good day.

Day 21 - Bikes!

Well, I was supposed to do my BR workout 3 today, but unfortunately this didn't happen. But today was a good day. I got my brother hooked up on getting a bike as well, so that he can start working out a little, and we bike-shopped all day long. In the process we walked a lot, and as he is not quite familiar with bikes I did try out most of them :P It was fun. In the end he got himself a city bike - a good one. It was quite the adventure to put it in the back of my Gold 4 xD But we made it. And as soon as we got home we went out. He hadn't biked in ages and as he is too on the fat side (about 20kg over his perfect weight) we went slow. But still it was really nice. Even though it was a bit slow and not much of a workout for me, it still has burnt some calories and got me moving.

Tomorrow however I am planning on catching up with workouts and either go out biking before my brother and then meet him up, or stay after I've biked some with him. We'll see. The amazing bit is that I'm currently into my 4th week. With this week I will be finishing Phase 1 of Body Revolution program. I don't think I've ever stuck so long to a workout regime. Let alone having not eaten any 'bad' food, no bad carbs, nothing with sugar in it... Yep... Feeling good. :3

Kurzyk

Great job Izu. I've been following your blog and wanted to congratulate you, you're doing very well! It's also good that you're mixing up the workouts. You don't get bored that way, and it's more challenging on the body.

Izu

Thank you, Kurzyk ^__^ <3 Yeah, definitely mixing up workouts is keeping it interesting. I think that the Body Revolution program is the only one that offers you something different every two weeks, each week you have 3 different workouts, so just the moment you start getting used to all of them by the end of the second week -  they get switched for something more demanding and new. ^__^ I think I can definitely see myself going all the way with this one!

Day 22 - Things go wiiiild

Well... I did as I said yesterday. I biked with my brother leisurely for an hour, then when we got home I did my double workout. Oh My God. By the end of the first video I was already feeling like dying, but I pushed myself and got into the second one, and somewhere mid of it things just got easier and wilder at the same time. All the muscles on me were shaking, but they could do the work. Quite surprised that I went through it all. I've done 1 hour workouts before but I've never ever really felt as tired as after this today. The two 30 minute workouts kick ass together. o.o Seriously. I'm so exhausted right now that I'm ready to just fall asleep at 6.40pm xD

Today I also looked through some charts on my myfitnesspal account - quite happy to say that I haven't eaten any Trans fats in 3 weeks now, and my carbs and proteins are just at the correct amount for most of the days.

Though if I have to be honest I've been having cravings the past few day, I'm considering allowing myself extra 500 calories once a week, but only if I start going out after work to rollerblade for 30-60 minutes in addition to my workouts. If I manage to get myself organized I will treat myself. If not... well... I will have to keep up as I've been going. :]

Izu

Day 23

Ah... hate Mondays. But today was relatively good. I finished up some major optimizations of my project, I arranged for myself a few sick days (loooove my GP <3 xD), so I will have Wed-Friday off :P But there were horrible traffic jams as the city council decided very wisely to start major reconstructions on all of the major boulevards in the city at the same time >.>'' Gotta love that time before the elections.

Anyways. By the time I got home my head was already killing me, so my Cardio workout came quite nicely to get rid of some of the stress. I almost managed to do all of it without pausing, so... yey! Only the Running Man is killing. I still need a 2-3 second break somewhere around the 40ish second of the 1minute interval.

The running man, consist of the picture below - you stand with feet staggered, left in front of right, knees slightly bent. Bend elbows and raise right arm to shoulder height in front of you as you extend left arm behind you (as if you were running). Jump up as you switch arms and legs. Jump back to starting position.

It looks so easy, but gosh it is the toughest cardio move I've ever done. I wonder if I will soon be able to get through it without  a break. I looked into the next phase Cardio and Workouts 5 and 6 that I'm starting this Saturday, and I did see that move in one of them as well. So... we'll be getting acquainted for sure.

Actually I'm kind of excited about moving onto the next phase. The exercised there seem so much harder and so much more interesting... Though there were a few that got me 'WTF This is not possible!!!!!' when I saw them xD I will see if I can make them :3 *quite excited about Saturday* 

Oreo

Cheers you on so BIG TIME!! *hugs*

I just saw this and this. All I could think of was Izu out being happy. ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Izu

Hahahaha! Awesome! To be honest, I rarely listen to music whenever I go anywhere, but when I'm rollerblading I do listen to music and I do kind of have a dance-ish rhythm xD

Day 24

Well, today went well as well. I did have something sweet at lunch but I'm still in my calorie count, so I won't go dramatize over it. :P The workout was horribly tiring as usual, but in the end of it I was feeling great.

What worries me a bit though is that my right knee is somewhat hurting sometimes. I'm a bit afraid I might injure myself, but I just hope it's out of tiredness. Still I think if it doesn't go away in a few days  I will look into getting it checked out. And in the meanwhile I might get myself knee sleeves for some extra support. :/ A bit paranoid about it because there is a history of bad joints and knees in my family. :/