Monitor problem?

Started by TheHangedOne, June 21, 2015, 04:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Alright, so, the left 1/3rd of my screen seems to have these very thin green lines over them. This started while playing a game, however, I have confirmed that screenshots do not actually show the lines. Furthermore, looking at it myself, if I flip a picture, the left side (that is green) on the right will look clear, while the right side (that is clear) on the left will have the green lines.

Tried rebooting the computer, checked the plugs to make sure they're in correctly. I don't believe that connection is the issue, and I am really hoping it's not the graphics card.

So, I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on here, and how to fix it. It might be the monitor? It might be the cable? But I don't have spare monitors or cables.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

The Dark Raven

Sounds like your monitor is dying or has been damaged.  Is it an LCD monitor (flat screen)?  Or a CRT (some folks still have them, I'm guessing!)?

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

TheHangedOne

It's an LCD. I've had it for around two years. Also, the problem seems to have gone away.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!