Sci-FI/Space themed Greco-Persian World [M for F]

Started by Endless, July 08, 2020, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endless

The Achilles, flagship of the Thessalian Fleet, listed heavily to one side as a hail of torpedoes struck the dreadnought’s starboard side. All across the ship sirens flared, red warnings light sparked on and men and women raced through the ship with speed. Thessaly had gambled against the Persian fleet and had lost, many of her vessels slowly drifting or breaking apart in the open expanse of space. With their defeat there was nothing that now stood between the Persian Empire and their homeworld. The other Grecian nations had offered verbal support but their reluctance to aide Thessaly militarily would be their undoing. This would be the start of the Greco-Persian War.

Hi and thanks for taking an interest in this idea. So this is a setting I'm really craving at the moment that I've been sort of working on for a little bit. We're essentially transplanting the Greeks, Persians and other nations of the 5th Century BC and setting them in a space setting. Picture the Greek City States a each a planet unto itself against the backdrop of a vast Persian Empire ruling over a number of different peoples (though all human). It will be a game of exploring this world and building our own tale within it, whether that be entangled within fighting in the war itself, politicking back in the Imperial Capital of Ctesiphon or a more nuanced role.

I don't have a single straight story but I would like to work with a partner who'd be interested in exploring this with me. It will be worldbuilding and plot heavy though with considerations made for anything else as well. If that sounds good to you then we may be a good match!

If you're interested please let me know, I have a real hankering for Sci-Fi lately and I love transplanting historical settings or stories and turning them on their head. PM met and let's get talking!

Ciao~