Interest Check: A Different Take on Post-Apocalyptica

Started by Rhaegar14, August 08, 2011, 10:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaegar14

I will make a more formalized write-up if I get interest, but here's the rough version: the more-or-less Biblical Apocalypse happened a decade or so ago, Heaven and He'll went to war over Earth, and 99.9% of the human race was wiped out. You have three factions, scrabbling over what is left of Earth. There are the remnants of the armies of Heaven and Hell, and caught between them are the remaining 0.1% of the human population. Normal humans can no longer survive on Earth; those that remained have been "touched" by an alternate Plane, be it Heaven, Hell, an elemental Plane, etc.

That's basically the gist of it. I'm willing to give liberties with Planes and the powers they give, as well as the powers held by angels and demons. Any takers?
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Revenent

This actually sounds fairly interesting. Will there be a centralized plot and everything for the main characters to focus around, or is it more one of those "here's a setting and backstory, do as you'd like" type of deals?

Rhaegar14

It could go either way, depending on what interested parties want. If it goes the story route, it would probably involve a Divine "Spark" that each group is trying to obtain for different reasons.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Aurora Wayland

Sounds interesting. Would we be allowed to play demons and angels? or just humans?

Rhaegar14

Demons and Angels would be fine; I'd like to have 2-4 characters from each faction.

Revenent

Well, I already have a demon character in mind, so I guess reserve one of those slots for me if you're doing that sort of thing.