more taglines?

Started by Simica, February 04, 2009, 04:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simica

I was just wondering if it would be possible to have the taglines

[imgright] [/imgright] and [imgleft] [/imgleft]

Trieste

Is this something different than the already-extant left- and right-justify?

Simica

well this would be for images

Say you have a block of writing. and you would like an image in it. However you want the image tight in with the wording. ( wording will go right to the edges of the image, right from the top to the bottom of the image as well as under it.

so ( sorry for my lack of communication since I am tired)

this wording would fit right from the top of the image instead of the bottom of the image is it had [imgleft] or [imgright]. and it would continue to go around the image.

Caeli

Yes. This would actually align images to the right or left, respectively, and text just wraps around it. Currently, an image on a line of text makes that line as tall as the height of the actual image.

>_>; The work-around is to use tables and place the image and text in separate cells... but it doesn't work perfectly, that method.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Simica

Caeli, I know of the work around. that is what I have used for my o/o's But it is quiet a pain to do. and it doesnt work perfectly.

Caeli

Quote from: Simica on February 04, 2009, 10:03:12 PM
Caeli, I know of the work around. that is what I have used for my o/o's But it is quiet a pain to do. and it doesnt work perfectly.

Er, I know that... the explanation was for Trieste. I've seen your Ons&Offs before. :P And trust me, I know it doesn't work perfectly, and I know it's a pain.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Simica

ah ok. sorry >_< I thought you were telling me of the work around lol

Nadir

The work around is this -

[table][tr][td][img][/img][/td][td]Text.[/td][/tr][/table]

If you want the picture to be on the left or in the middle of the text, move both the img tags and the td tags to the opposite side of the text and its td tags. If you want to make another column, put in another set of td tags. If you want another row, put in tr tags.

If you don't understand that, I'll make a better tutorial thing.

Nadir

Wait... sorry! I thought you were asking how to do it... I'm sorry. *embarrassed*

Mnemaxa

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will use the tutorial you put up Eden.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Trieste

It would have been useful for me; I learned tables about a month ago by stalking Caeli's posts. >.> And using preview a lot. A LOT.