News:

Main Menu

Pathfinder MMO

Started by Callie Del Noire, January 09, 2013, 09:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 03, 2013, 11:41:16 PM
This I find highly offensive 'kid glove'?  You have no idea what a true griefer loves to do in a game.  They CHEAT, they BREAK THE GAME.  Why?  Because it makes their e-peen bigger.  They don't care about being an asshole 'within' the game's 'rules', they WILL break it with hacks, cheats, bots and anything else their little hearts desires, because to see you cry and bitch and whine makes their days better, makes them forget that they are little shits with no life and no joy outside of ruining someone elses.  And better if they can get hundreds and thousands of people to moan and cry, because that's how they measure their self-worth.

Here's something, in DayZ, there were incidences of people just automatically dying on certain servers.  Just poof, everyone single person is killed.  Except a certain 'team'.  That is 'griefing'.  This is one's idea of a fun time, where they rigged a hack to kill all other players on the server, just so they could get the collected loot, which is ammo and guns, and healing items like painkillers and the like.  Griefers are a horrible thing for a gaming community.  Eve Online is well moderated enough to keep that biggest hackers and griefers at bay, and be thankful that they do, otherwise, that game would have gone down years ago.

There was a bit of a kerfuffle a few years back when some of the folks who worked for CCP were discovered to have pointed their in game buddies towards some prime loot. (High tech blue prints if I recall) and it was bad for WEEKS. Costing BILLIONS in money to the corps in questions.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"While I understand caveat emptor, I agree with Lunar. Assholes need to be punished, severely. EVE is a game where that is the nature of the game. It's not really griefing, because most players (at this point), came aboard with that knowledge, or should have. However, there are things I've read about happening in EVE that would cause me to call absolute foul on a shitty system, unless I'm missing some facts, and maybe I am, I don't know. In the end, I don't care, because I'm not playing EVE, I don't really want to play EVE. Just because the niche exists, doesn't mean it deserves to be catered to, either."

"On top of that, I agree with Chris that most griefers aren't playing by the rules to have 'their kind of fun'. They're assholes, just plain assholes, who have no consideration for other people. If you can't have fun without ruining someone else's fun, you don't deserve to have fun."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

LunarSage

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 04, 2013, 05:31:11 PM
If you can't have fun without ruining someone else's fun, you don't deserve to have fun."

+1

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Atarn

Think I'll quote Yatzhee on this one: "EVE players, they are to nerds what nerds are to normal people."
I never got the sadistic glee with which EVE players celebrate ruining stuff for eachh other but I do get that it's a horrible idea to have that sort of weak moderation in another MMO.
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Atarn on February 09, 2013, 02:08:27 AM
Think I'll quote Yatzhee on this one: "EVE players, they are to nerds what nerds are to normal people."
I never got the sadistic glee with which EVE players celebrate ruining stuff for eachh other but I do get that it's a horrible idea to have that sort of weak moderation in another MMO.

What got me is this. If you got friends who can slap 100 million on a new player (and they did on EIGHT people the day I got bountied) why the hell are you gate sniping hi-sec?  Or popping miners in mid range for fun?

Atarn

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 09, 2013, 03:03:45 AM
What got me is this. If you got friends who can slap 100 million on a new player (and they did on EIGHT people the day I got bountied) why the hell are you gate sniping hi-sec?  Or popping miners in mid range for fun?
Want my personal opinion of the nice , edited opinion?
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Atarn on February 09, 2013, 04:59:11 AM
Want my personal opinion of the nice , edited opinion?

Feel free to have your say.. mine required exposure to 15 years of naval cursing to say.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Atarn on February 09, 2013, 02:08:27 AM
You can put most MOBA (as it's called, League of Legends and other similar game) players under that same category.  It's a structured PvP system designed for competition and ruthlessness.  As long as you play within the rules, the hosting company (CCP in this case) doesn't care how you go about your business.  Once you step out of those bounds though (like most griefers who are TRULY out to grief) they will step on you, HARD.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 09, 2013, 12:10:22 PM
You can put most MOBA (as it's called, League of Legends and other similar game) players under that same category.  It's a structured PvP system designed for competition and ruthlessness.  As long as you play within the rules, the hosting company (CCP in this case) doesn't care how you go about your business.  Once you step out of those bounds though (like most griefers who are TRULY out to grief) they will step on you, HARD.

Uh..yeah.. EVE is the most PVP friendly MMO I've played in since Ultimta Online.