Fable: Ruling Albion - Need a King or Queen in particular~!

Started by Primarch, October 19, 2013, 10:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Name: Erik Snyder
Title: 'Wild E'
Hometown: Mercenary Camp
Current Place of Residence: Has his own yurt-esque dwelling in the Mercenary Camp
Family: No living relatives.

Weapons: Wild E prefers to use Ol' Malice, liking not only the name and reputation behind it, but for the fact that he likes to keep his enemies at range. When the time calls for it, though, he also has the sword Mr. Stabby, which he's not too shabby with.
Abilities:
Melee IV (200)
Ranged Mastery (300)
Will III (120)
Magic

Spell-weaving (50)
Fireball (1)
Force Push (40)
Wealth

Landowner: 12
Entrepreneur: 225
Crime: 32
Blacksmith: 0
Pie-Maker: 0
Lute Player: 0
Scary-Joker (20)
Dog: Actually a wolf he's  been raising since it was a cub. The wolf is named Ripper, and has well-earned its name. However, it is amazingly obedient. Ripper is at least partially responsible for the 'scaryness' associated with Wild E.
Personality: Not the nicest of people, but his heart is (some times) in the right place. He is fond of grim humor of all sorts, and can be found laughing at many things; even when he's on the losing side of a fight. He seems easy-going, but also runs a tight ship. He can be headstrong at times, but at other times, has been pretty good at getting people to compromise.  He considers himself warrior first, and businessman second. Some times known to gamble. Capable of being honorable, but only to those whom he respects; those he does not should be careful.
Backstory: Wild E served Captain Saker as a sort of adjutant in many ways. He was pretty good at leading troops in battle, and the best rifleman in the entire organization. After Captain Saker's defeat at the hands of the Hero, many of the mercs were no longer willing to follow him; Saker was like a wolf who had lost its fangs. Saker willingly stepped down into second-in-command, with Erik taking control. It was soon after taking the mantle of leader, that Erik's Hero talents began to manifest themselves, and he went from being "pretty damn good" to "fuckin' awesome".

During the rebellion he held out for a large sum of gold to aid the rebels; and later on, when the Crawler showed up, he actually did something very uncharacteristic: He gave out a freebie. He rallied the mercenary forces, and guided them in a (semi-successful) attempt to guard the citizens of Albion. When asked why, he said "Dead people have no need for mercs. It's in our best interest."  During the fight with the Crawler, Saker was reported killed in battle.

After the Crawler incident, he took his surviving men back to their Camp. After licking their wounds and taking stock of their supplies and equipment, he restructured the organization. He began recruitment and training, mostly of the young men--even women--that were down on their luck. He even took in kids that had been orphaned because of the rebellion and Crawler incidents; and not all of them ended up as soldiers, either. Some of them became cooks, or weapon makers/repairers, or bed-warmers... He gave them shelter, sustenance, steady work, a sense of belonging; it was so much better than living on the streets.

In addition to his mercenaries, whom deal with a wide variety of activities--some of questionable legality-- the Mercenary Camp produces its own sets of light armor and decent weaponry, which it sells to travelers. They also provide an inn service (with more than  a few loose women to help keep those beds warm), and in recent weeks, Wild E has actually begun working with some other businessmen to produce:

Wild E Trail Rations! A line of spicy smoked meats, seasoned flat breads, and other food that last long, travel well, and taste good (if you like strong spice). And what goes better with some bread'n'jerky than a bit of Wild Whiskey? Nothing, that's what. All produced in limited quantities at the Camp, it's only just begun to return on the investment.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Welcome to the party HangedMan!

Erik looks fine for the most part. Although I believe you may need to re-direct some Seals to pay for his personality traits (a grand total of 20 seals in total). I've generally been running with the set-up that as many 'good' options were taken as possible so it might be more likely that after Wild's 'Hero' powers manifested Captain Saker stepped aside. He'd make a pretty cool right hand at least. :P

Or Wild E might have killed him, that's an option too. He's your character after all.

TheHangedOne

Whoops. I'll do that. I'll also edit the history a bit.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Looks good in my book. Once we get one or two more apps in and approved I'll set up a thread to store the character apps.

Until that point, more character sheets would be great. :P

Carlissa

Having a little trouble with my sheet. Hope to get it up today though.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Primarch

Quote from: Carlissa on October 25, 2013, 08:59:14 AM
Having a little trouble with my sheet. Hope to get it up today though.

Cheers! If you need help with anything just send me a PM.

kckolbe

I really like the idea of this, and would like to play a lesser hero, but only played the first Fable.  How ineligible does that make me?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on October 25, 2013, 09:17:42 AM
I really like the idea of this, and would like to play a lesser hero, but only played the first Fable.  How ineligible does that make me?

Having only played the first game isn't really a problem once you make yourself a little familiar with the setting (which is about 550 years later I think? Give or take). Magic is less common but technology has gotten to the point where guns are a factor. There's a wiki page on Fable III there if you fancy a quick glance. You should be mostly safe if you just pick a location for your character to represent at the King's Council table and follow the character creation. If you need any help feel free to PM me.

Carlissa

Quote from: kckolbe on October 25, 2013, 09:17:42 AM

Ehh... A lot has changed from Fable/TLC and Fable III...

Nothing a boat load of research couldn't help. We'll point something out if you get something wrong though.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

kckolbe

Great, will read up a little this weekend.  Also, I noticed that it is possible to max out on all 3 areas and have points left over.  I was planning on creating a somewhat weak "jack of all trades" type, but hate leaving so many points on the table.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Primarch

Well you certainly can max out all 3 skills, although it would leave less Guild Seals to spend on the actual magic spells, or the characters wealth. While many problems can be solved by personally beating someone/something up, there will be times where if the party can't generate the money to solve a problem, something bad will happen to Albion in some shape or form.

The second part of Fable III was largely about trying to keep promises to the people that helped you get on the throne and make life better for the common person in Albion, all the good-morality options cost money however. Doing the evil stuff like breaking promises and making life worst would line your pockets with gold...but was you know, evil. In this game I'll be challenging the team to be just, benevolent leaders. Some problems will be solved personally, some problems will require coin.

kckolbe

I see now.  Plenty of work to do.  Currently working up a ranged character of a somewhat small town that dabbles a bit in both might and magic,  but that is more local hero than legend.  He will pretty much own the entire town as a landlord (any idea of how many points in landlord to represent a small town?)  He will be known as a lover of women (though generally the women are paid for) and for being a source of laughter (sometimes the butt of the joke rather than the source).  Thoughts?

EDIT:  Also, any reason why Westcliff isn't listed?  That one seems perfect.

Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on October 25, 2013, 10:10:51 AM
I see now.  Plenty of work to do.  Currently working up a ranged character of a somewhat small town that dabbles a bit in both might and magic,  but that is more local hero than legend.  He will pretty much own the entire town as a landlord (any idea of how many points in landlord to represent a small town?)  He will be known as a lover of women (though generally the women are paid for) and for being a source of laughter (sometimes the butt of the joke rather than the source).  Thoughts?

The 'Heroes' as individuals capable of special abilities have largely died out, with small numbers of people becoming Heroes will, as it seems to be, something triggers the 'magic' in their blood. Contact with a guild seal seems to be a fairly reliable means. I'm not sure what you had in mind for your characters 'origins' but its worth noting that you can't just train to be a 'Hero.' It comes down to people discovering they inherited the ability to be one and then developing that power.

As for the small town your character is from, perhaps Mourningwood?   

Carlissa

Quote from: Primarch on October 25, 2013, 09:46:01 AM
The second part of Fable III was largely about trying to keep promises to the people that helped you get on the throne and make life better for the common person in Albion, all the good-morality options cost money however. Doing the evil stuff like breaking promises and making life worst would line your pockets with gold...but was you know, evil. In this game I'll be challenging the team to be just, benevolent leaders. Some problems will be solved personally, some problems will require coin.

As long as we can't save Albion by playing a lute...

Quote from: kckolbe on October 25, 2013, 10:10:51 AM
EDIT:  Also, any reason why Westcliff isn't listed?  That one seems perfect.

Well, Westcliff didn't appear in Fable III, so that's probably why it wasn't listed. I can see it making a re-appearance, although what it would bring to the table among the alliance of villages is beyond me.

It probably changed a lot during the 50 year time skip between Fable II and III. Could have been completely leveled and replaced by a huge industrial factory for all we know (although that's unlikely, as Westcliff was mentioned in Fable III a couple times by villagers).

Primarch

Aye, didn't put in Westcliff because it doesn't appear in Fable III. But I'm not against adding it.

Carlissa

Question regarding Westcliff: Did the Westcliff Development quest happen in this timeline or is it still the #1 hotspot for bandits and prostitutes?

kckolbe

If I am running it, prostitutes galore and a minor bandit presence.

Intro Thread

Carlissa

Ooookay. No development it is then. xD

kckolbe

Well, some development.  The economy will have improved, and there will be stores and houses not filled by bandits (which really will be rare), but it's not like that will have disappeared.  Also, he's a fondness for women, so prostitution is still allowed there.

Intro Thread

Carlissa

So... he's kind of like a pimp?

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: Carlissa on October 25, 2013, 11:39:06 AM
Question regarding Westcliff: Did the Westcliff Development quest happen in this timeline or is it still the #1 hotspot for bandits and prostitutes?

Quote from: kckolbe on October 25, 2013, 11:40:16 AM
If I am running it, prostitutes galore and a minor bandit presence.

Well the 'Mercenary' camp is probably the #1 spot for Bandits at the moment...as the game doesn't really seem to differentiate between the two. But it can be the number one spot for prostitutes!

Quote from: kckolbe on October 25, 2013, 11:46:17 AM
Well, some development.  The economy will have improved, and there will be stores and houses not filled by bandits (which really will be rare), but it's not like that will have disappeared.  Also, he's a fondness for women, so prostitution is still allowed there.

I should point out that your character doesn't have supreme power over the location, he doesn't own the city just a leader figure.
I'm rather sure prostitution is allowed every where in Albion. You can even open a Brothel in Fable III when you're King/Queen.

Primarch

Just been in PM contact with Zenpai, he no longer wishes to play the King but is still interested in being a part. So if anyone wants to take up the Hero of Bowerstone, as a King or a Queen it would be great!

Carlissa

Primarch