Of Earth, Water, Fire and Air (FULL)

Started by bubby, September 12, 2012, 04:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Quote from: Starlequin on September 16, 2012, 07:52:13 PM
I see what you did there... >:)

Star.. my fav naughty boy...  ;D

Quote from: Sussurus on September 16, 2012, 07:26:56 PM
Are you looking specifically for Rebels with Air & Water affinities? Might be helpful to know what level of power / what kind of abilities these characters can have...

Actually I am not. Something in that nature was how I had things with my last attempt at this game, and it didn't work so well. Veluux will be the one char who has a bit of knowledge of the Elements passed down to his char through his ancestors.

I'm just looking for females to round things out and give others to play with. *Eyes Star* Yeah I typed it.

Sussurus

*facepalm* I get it...  ::)

Think I have enough straight females in play right now, though, so unless you want a burly female smith with no interest in men, I think I'll have to stick with my Hunters. (I figure the little sister is next in line when I get Elspeth killed off.  ;D )

bubby

Lol!

No, I think I'll keep you for 'expendable Hunter' player. It fits perfect for the game!

Sussurus

Ooh, can one of my expendables be an ex-lover of Novan's? Or is he like Elspeth, too busy to get busy?  ;)

bubby

Quote from: Sussurus on September 16, 2012, 08:20:15 PM
Ooh, can one of my expendables be an ex-lover of Novan's? Or is he like Elspeth, too busy to get busy?  ;)

That's up to him! I like the idea myself... I say toss him a PM!

Featherfall

I don't mind myself; just let me know which character you had in mind.

Sussurus

Nobody specific yet... if you have any guidelines, feel do let me know. I'm thinking someone who's pretty fanatically devoted to the Queen, otherwise they'd have been tempted to leave when he did...

bubby

....and then Novan can be the one to eventually maybe take her out!  ;D

TheRaven

I could provide a hunter, if you like. I've got a few Lawful Evil types hanging out in my head for the occasion.  >:)
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

bubby

Quote from: TheRaven on September 16, 2012, 09:08:31 PM
I could provide a hunter, if you like. I've got a few Lawful Evil types hanging out in my head for the occasion.  >:)

Go ahead and make out a character then darlin', and PM it to me at your leisure. Nohuge hurry right now. I'm not going to be starting this game 'til next weekend more then likely.

Veluux

Didn't catch this thread for some reason. Anyhow - here's the Lead Hunter (promotions always get me excited!), Rebel Sage to come shortly.

Name: Roslyn 'Phoenix' Kindle
Affiliation/Title: Queen's Lead Huntress and Peity Enforcer
Physical Description: 5'7" 129lbs. Crimson Hair, Emerald eyes.

History:
     Roslyn was born a distant descendant of Queen Saryana's tribe; and being so, she paid great care to the histories of her people. As a very young child she was enthralled by the tales of Queen Saryana, both the literary and oral renditions of her heroic deeds. The Queen had been the red-head's hero during those young, formative years, and was held in very high regard by Roslyn. So she watched the woman carefully, admiring how she had the courage to lead, and the bravery to fight, and was also in pure awe of Saryana's elemental power.
     As a young orphan girl who idolized the Queen, she persistently worked at finding a way into the castle, eventually winning over one of the Queen's former bodyguards, who took her in and raised her after he had retired.  Her adoptive 'father' was deeply entranced by the Queen's beauty and power and loved her blindly - though he could never have her. Roslyn's mind became plagued with his amorous fantastical view of her, and eventually Saryana also became her obsession - though more as a role model. As a teenager she began to perfect the ways of sword-fighting and deception, with aspirations to become the Queen's personal bodyguard some day.
     That never ended up happening. Roslyn was so beautiful and had became so stubborn in all of her duties that she quickly flourished as a young hunter - never giving up on her prey and proving consistently capable at getting close enough for the kill on the most cautious of targets. She fights with two standard swords, though her style is unpredictable and mesmerizing and she will do just about anything to gain an advantage in battle.
     She earned the nickname 'Phoenix' after a particularly devilish deed of getting one of her targets to fall in love with her. The man had been too cautious for her to kill him, even in the throes of love... so she faked her own death. The night after the funeral she came to their bedchambers in the guise of her own confused and lost spirit and murdered the dumbfounded man.

Strengths:
     Roslyn is very beautiful and frequently uses her looks to seduce people into doing what she wants them to do - men and women alike. She is also a very keen swordsman and has a good knowledge of one on one combat tactics. She's a superb tracker and relentless, and she also has a fierce spirit that seems to make her stronger and sharper than she really should be.

Weaknesses:
     Roslyn's greatest weaknesses stem from her greatest strengths. She is far too stubborn and bold to take any advice from others - aside from the Queen herself. She is so exceedingly relentless and determined that she often gets herself into situations she cannot handle. It is only by pure chance that she has survived those encounters relatively unscathed; but they have made her even more blind to her short-comings.
     That being said, she is also completely oblivious to the Queen's flaws - Saryana sitting on such a high pedestal in her mind that hearing even the slightest negative comment is regarded as madness or blasphemy... Saryana's heroic deeds cemented themselves into Roslyn's mind and she is incapable of seeing evil in the Queen.
     She is also explosively (and near psychotically) emotional when it comes to praise or damning of the Queen's doings. One of Roslyn's personal hobbies is hunting down those who spread rumors about the Queen's wickedness - which is partly the reason that she is so useful to the Queen's inner circle. However, she is so emotionally unstable and unpredictable that she never has - and never will - be allowed into that circle... but the proximity she has already attained makes her content enough.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

bubby

Oh I heart Phoenix so much. Can't wait to see the change in Ahdair!

Sussurus

Name: Raven 'Rae' Ironholt
Association: Hunter

History
: Born to another name -- one she has chosen to forget -- Rae was the child of a cult leader and one of his many female acolytes. He was a water elementalist, and the cult revolved around his abilities. Much was made of 'purification.' To this day, Rae has a serious fear of water.

When a small band of Hunters broke up the cult and killed her father, Rae was frightened, but ultimately, she was profoundly grateful. She clung to Matthias Ironholt, the leader of the group, and he and his wife adopted the girl. Eager to follow in her new father's footsteps, she took to the sword, displaying a considerable natural talent.

She ultimately became a Hunter, joining just as her adoptive father was retiring. Accustomed to being the best of those she sparred with -- her aging father included -- she was shocked to find herself consistently bested by Novan Te'litha. Their rivalry ultimately led to a tumultuous romance... and even after his betrayal and desertion, she still has deep and unsettling feelings for him.

Strengths: Coming in second to Novan still puts her among the first of the Hunters, in swordsmanship. Her hatred of elementalists lends her a terrifying cold fury, when fighting them.

Weaknesses: Her fear of water is a true phobia, and she has trouble even crossing a stream... although she can force herself to do it. Deeper water is more problematic.

Wajin

I was thinking, if any loyals, turned rebels wanna maybe, add some background, characters having met before, stuff like that
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

bubby

Starlequin

Sooo...the Good Guys are basically a sausage fest, and the Bad Guys are...a clambake? ;D

Edit: Aaaand now I'm hungry. ::)
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

bubby

Quote from: Starlequin on September 17, 2012, 04:08:46 PM
Sooo...the Good Guys are basically a sausage fest, and the Bad Guys are...a clambake? ;D

Edit: Aaaand now I'm hungry. ::)

;D HAH!

Spero

RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

TheRaven

"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

RipTide

I'm thinking about making a rebel character as well. If I do, I'll send you her character sheet.

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

bubby

Quote from: Oracle Eyes on September 17, 2012, 05:35:11 PM
PM Sent

Responded to!

Quote from: TheRaven on September 17, 2012, 06:36:42 PM
Also, PM about to be sent. Male Hunter on the way.  8-)

Accepted!

Quote from: RipTide on September 17, 2012, 07:48:19 PM
I'm thinking about making a rebel character as well. If I do, I'll send you her character sheet.

If you'd like to hun, you are more then welcome to. If you do then I can close the recruiting process. Let me know!

bubby

Name: Hyperion

Affiliation/Title: Hunter, noble bastard

History: The illegitimate son of a low-ranking noble and a maid in his household, Hyperion spent his childhood in the estate as a servant, mostly in the kennels, always dreaming of climbing the ladder of society and reaching a point where his whole “birth outside of marriage” issue wouldn’t be addressed. He set his eyes on one job: Hunter.

Hyperion trained with the closest weapons he could find at hand, kitchen knives, in an attempt to learn some sort of weapons skills. Surprisingly to him, he found that it was pretty easy to steal them in the first place, in addition to learning how to use them on the stuffed men on the training grounds. Over the years, he shifted from a scraggly-headed little boy stealing kitchen knives to a steely-eyed man with a criminal bent. During his transformation, he went from palming cooking implements to cutting purses, picking locks, and general shadowy skulking.

After a few years working as a professional mercenary (read: assassin), Hyperion was picked up by the Hunters to take down Elementals. During the time since his being recruited, he has personally tracked and killed three Elementals, and has at least been an accessory to the death of another three.

Strengths: Very intelligent, keeps two bloodhounds named Frik and Frak to help him track his prey, and is an excellent knife fighter and thrower.

Weaknesses: As stated in his bio, Hyperion has serious issues with his father. Bringing up his father and rubbing his parentage in his face is an excellent way to get him to toss caution (and his usual modi operandi) to the wind in favor of raw and primal rage.

bubby

Player list updated. I think I have enough Hunters for now. I have one interest for a female Rebel, and RipTide expressed interest in making a second char, so hopefully the ladies are still interested, and I can officially close the interest thread!

Starlequin

D'aww, you made an evil(er) Roman! *pinches his cheek* he's so cute, yes him is! :P
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

bubby