Having fun @ tele markers expense

Started by Callie Del Noire, April 16, 2010, 10:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Soran

I agree, that was brilliant! Thanks for posting it.  ;D

The one on youtube where the guy pretends to be a cop at a murder scene is also a classic!

Blitzy

Hahahaha. That's great! That makes me want a telemarketer to call me. >_>
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Sabby

I loved the Cthulhu one, where the Uganda guy scamming him seriously thought that the cultists were now after him through guilt by association xD was priceless.

Braioch

Oh Telemarketers, they're only doing their job, but damn they're just too much fun to mess with xD
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

RubySlippers

Its a cruel and vicious thing to do its hard enough trying to earn a living then assholes pull this crap, if you don't want calls then sign up for the Federal DO NOT CALL llist and don't fill out anything that might put you on a calling list by default.

You do know many people that do this are either low skilled, hard to employ (disabled) or were in prison and trying to turn their lives around - so people that prank innocent workers should burn in their own place in hell.  >:(

Geeklet

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 16, 2010, 12:45:29 PM
Its a cruel and vicious thing to do its hard enough trying to earn a living then assholes pull this crap, if you don't want calls then sign up for the Federal DO NOT CALL llist and don't fill out anything that might put you on a calling list by default.

Except that a person can still go through all that and STILL receive such calls. Thank god for caller ID.

MasterMischief

You do know many people that do this are either low skilled, hard to employ (disabled) or were in prison and trying to turn their lives around - so people that prank innocent workers should burn in their own place in hell.  >:(

Right, 'cause taking up a few minutes of a telemarketer's precious time is like murder.

Brandon

I think what Ruby means is people who work these jobs tend to be lower class and have very few options due to a situation outside of their control. Like me and many people theyre just trying to make a living but instead we see stories like this. They dont deserve the treatment, its the companies they work for that doesnt do simple things like compare the Do not call list with their lists
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

TheWriter

My day job is as a telemarketer.

GOOD GOD, WHY DO I NEVER CALL THESE PEOPLE!?  The absolute worst part of my job is the monotony; if even one person a shift responded like this I would enjoy my job at least a thousand times more!

Paladin

Saerrael

Quote from: TheWriter on April 16, 2010, 09:31:22 PM
My day job is as a telemarketer.

GOOD GOD, WHY DO I NEVER CALL THESE PEOPLE!?  The absolute worst part of my job is the monotony; if even one person a shift responded like this I would enjoy my job at least a thousand times more!

It used to be my job as well.
I'm agreeing on this view.

Brandon

Sounds like I should thank my good fortune that I've never had to work as one and hopefully never will
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

midwestgal

*blink* wow.. thank you for that. I guess that's why I was sent on so many temp jobs that ended up being telemarketing' I didn't realize I was low skilled, hard to employ and possibly a felon.

I think you really need to rethink that.
"He cannot be a part of me. Batman does not eat nachos!" - Batman, The Brave and The Bold

Schrödinger

Quote from: midwestgal on April 17, 2010, 01:35:25 PM
*blink* wow.. thank you for that. I guess that's why I was sent on so many temp jobs that ended up being telemarketing' I didn't realize I was low skilled, hard to employ and possibly a felon.

I think you really need to rethink that.

Alright, the work necessary for outbound telemarketing is low-skill, high-quota stuff that can be and is being done by people grasping for any occupation at all.

Honestly, quite a lot of these folks hate calling you at inopportune times, too. God knows I did.

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]
[li]Plot ideas![/li][/list]

midwestgal

Believe me, I hated doing it to. I hated calling and being screamed at that I was a scum sucking person who had no regard for peoples' privacy. I hated doing it, but in an economy where pickers can't be choosers, I did what I could so I could make my car payment and hope for a break to get a decent job. I've got an AA in Business Management, but that doesn't mean squat when you're vying for the same job that 100 other people want.

The people I worked with were intelligent, either had degrees or years of experience in a field behind them and were in the same boat. My issue is saying that only certain people do this job irritates me. It's like someone walking past my husband as he stocks shelves in the store he works in that they need to go to college so they "don't end up like him."
"He cannot be a part of me. Batman does not eat nachos!" - Batman, The Brave and The Bold

Paladin

Hey, I'm just gonna say that for ever nice caller I have had hit me up I have had a bad one as well. Its the simple fact that when someone says goodbye it should be left at athta, and I have asked to be put on the do not call list so many times I lost count twice. The DNC list does absolutly shit. Companies still get around it any way they can. I'm sorry for you guys that have to have these kinds of jobs to make a living but the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I am ussual a nice person until they do something to tick me off. THen I snap back.

Brandon

I feel I need to reiterate something in Ruby's defense and I will bold it so that I can get the emphasis out there

Many people. This means not everyone. She didnt say everyone and she definatly didnt say any names. I can see how that detail could have been overlooked though considering how the human mind tends to fill in gaps or confuse information.

Cold Heritage

It's also missing the point that if you give a telemarketer a hard time, you're the one being an asshole.

But, for whatever reason, people seem to feel entitled to be assholes to telemarketers, people in service jobs, and so forth - only to wonder what the hell happened to customer service.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Callie Del Noire

You know.. I've gotten on the LIST five times in the last eight years. It doesn't stop some folks doing it again and again. (If I had a dime for every 're-register your car warranty' or 'fix your mortgage' calls, I'd be happily solvent). Most of the times I get 'automated' calls that hide their 'opt out' points.

Soran

I too am on the lists not to recieve calls or junk mail, but I still do, usually when I'm carrying something large and heavy or in the middle of a job or talking to a customer. The problem is, I don't have the time, but the telemarketers don't take the hint, so I just end up pressing the red button to end the call. So I will have a giggle when others decide they have had enough and kid around... sorry, but that's just the way I feel.

jouzinka

You know... my view on telemarketing is it's a job so useless, but at the same time so bothering and privacy invading... I mean, really. And the only solution I can think of is that if it's not profitable for the companies, they'd stop doing it. I never bought anything from a telemarketer. NEVER. Just out of principles I don't and wouldn't. The other logic is that if nobody takes the job, they can't run the telemarketing business either.

I know it's cruel and I know that there are people on the other end of the line who are struggling to earn a living and I do feel sorry for them everytime I decline or when my boss at the computer company used to prank them (he usually used the "buy my fifty computers and I'll buy whatever it is you offer" tactic), but just no. The people doing telemarketing could be just so much useful (in my eyes) doing other jobs... uf.

Which leads me to a question: has anyone of you ever bought anything from a telemarketer? I'm thinking that the only persons who can do it are old people who just don't have the mindset that what is being offered to them can hardly REALLY be advantageous for them... :-(
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Rider of Wind

Seconding Jouzinka on this. It's like spam in your email. You know it's spam and you ignore it, check and delete. I fail to even see the point when no one is going to buy in the first place.
Not currently taking new roleplays.
Rider's A/A's Update 10-20-14~ O/O's
Posting rate: On Hiatus until June 2nd.

Brandon

Ive never bought anything from a telemarketer and never heard of any of my friends or acquaintances doing so either.

MasterMischief

There is no customer service in telemarketing.  They are reading from a script.  At least I hope so.  Otherwise, when I try to tell them I am not interested 50 times and they keep pushing, then they are the ones being an asshole.

Yes, I feel entitled to screw with telemarketers.  If you are going to call me when I do not want you to for no other reason than to try and get money from me, you can deal with a little razzin'.  I do not yell at them, call them names our use profanity as I do feel that is crossing a line.

Serephino

If the telemarketers would take no for an answer, then okay, I agree it's wrong to be mean to them.  But I have to say it annoys the living fuck out of me when I sit and listen to their little speech and give them a polite but firm no thank you, and they don't stop.  "Well but this is such a great offer... *repeats speech a second time*"  It's like they're speaking English, but they don't seem to understand it because I can say no 8 times and the only way to shut them up is to hang up on them.  Wouldn't it be a better use of their time to leave me be and go call someone else rather than waste 20 minutes on me saying no over and again?