News:

Main Menu

Day of Silence

Started by Trieste, April 16, 2010, 10:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

You never know how difficult it is not to say a word until you don't do it for a day. O_o

http://www.dayofsilence.org/index.cfm

Soran

*wonders if that includes texts*  ;) (If so, they have no chance!)  ;D

Trieste

It includes whatever the participants think it should include.

Doomsday

My sister is doing this at her high school today. She's a member of the Gay/Straight alliance.

Tsais

I'm SO mad at myself for forgetting this year! I've done it every year for six years! I can't believe I forgot. >.<
[Ons&Offs]
As she laughed I was aware of becoming involved in her laughter and being part of it, until her teeth were only accidental stars with a talent for squad-drill. I was drawn in by short gasps, inhaled at each momentary recovery, lost finally in the dark caverns of her throat, bruised by the ripple of unseen muscles. An elderly waiter with trembling hands was hurriedly spreading a pink and white checked cloth over a rusty green iron table, saying: "If the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden, if the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden..." I decided that if the shaking of her breasts could be stopped, some of the fragments of the afternoon might be collected, and I concentrated my attention with careful subtlety to this end.
[Entertain Me]

Trieste

It's been a rough year for everyone.

I would like to organize a Silent Campus next year, though.

Marguerite

Aye, I was unable to do it because I was singing for children but I will remember next year.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Tsais

Silent campus would be awesome if it were really possible. I go to a big, big school and I can't really see getting more than a hundred participating.
[Ons&Offs]
As she laughed I was aware of becoming involved in her laughter and being part of it, until her teeth were only accidental stars with a talent for squad-drill. I was drawn in by short gasps, inhaled at each momentary recovery, lost finally in the dark caverns of her throat, bruised by the ripple of unseen muscles. An elderly waiter with trembling hands was hurriedly spreading a pink and white checked cloth over a rusty green iron table, saying: "If the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden, if the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden..." I decided that if the shaking of her breasts could be stopped, some of the fragments of the afternoon might be collected, and I concentrated my attention with careful subtlety to this end.
[Entertain Me]

Juicy

I've always been interested in things like this, but I have... well, a really big mouth and love talking. I think I shall try to participate next time though.

Hopefully I don't stub my toe and scream "SHIT!" or something like I usually do.

Tsais

I'm really quiet any way, so Day of Silence is easy for me to do.  :-\
[Ons&Offs]
[Entertain Me]

Cujo

Ive done this in the past a few times. They do it every year at my old highschool. I think its a cool way to raise awareness even though some kids just do it to get out of being questioned by the teacher ::)

SylarCookie

Trieste

Quote from: Tsais on April 17, 2010, 01:12:04 AM
Silent campus would be awesome if it were really possible. I go to a big, big school and I can't really see getting more than a hundred participating.

Yeah, but then you have a hundred or so people roaming around campus raising awareness that you may not have had before.

Beguile's Mistress

I couldn't do it because of my job, but I think it's a wonderful idea and when several people in my department wanted to do it we worked on giving them projects that would fit their needs.  It worked our really well for them and got a lot of interest when we explained it to everyone else.

Tsais

Quote from: Trieste on April 17, 2010, 08:22:42 AM
Yeah, but then you have a hundred or so people roaming around campus raising awareness that you may not have had before.

Very true. I never really thought of it that way. It would be nice to have more of a presence on campus, or at least have people thinking about it for a day.
[Ons&Offs]
[Entertain Me]