News:

Main Menu

Create a Vault Dweller

Started by Inkidu, March 27, 2010, 09:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

No, no fancy generator. I'm actually interested in seeing different builds or just plain whacky ones for Fallout 3. Everywhere I look its how to build the best character. How about one's that are just fun? Nope.
So I want to hear from E's resident Vault-Tech Representatives on some different ways to play the game.

One I like doing:

The Ninja.

Emphasis on Str, End, Agl.

Skills: Melee, sneak, unarmed, explosives (maybe small guns)

Weapons: Unarmed, melee.
Chinese Officer's sword (or special one if you can find it.) grenades, and dart gun.

Apparel: Chinese stealth suit. Lotsa stealth-boys.

I have a lot of fun running around raiders cutting them to pieces. :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Brandon

My Dashing gunman looks something like this

Abilities: High agility, charisma, and luck

Skills: Small guns, sneak, Speech, unarmed, repair

Perks: Gun nut 3, Animal friend 2, lead belly, and a lot of others that I cant remember the names of

Apparal: Regulator duster or Sheriffs duster and sheriffs hat off lucas Simms

I dont know about other people but speech is one of those skills that I swear by. It makes the game much more interesting and fun for me
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Geeklet

First off, ignore the Chinese Stealth Suit... makes the game stupid-easy and mindless.

I've played through using every type of weapon... and my favorite combination was Sneak w/ Unarmed & Explosives.

Though Power Armor + Big Guns was quite fun as well (Preferred the Outcast power armor personally... Not those heretics you have to help for the main storyline)

Two Faced

I like to play run-up-and-punch-you-in-the-face characters.

This usually involves Fisto!, the Deathclaw Gauntlet, and lots of luck. (Also, Pre-War Businesswear and a nice pair of glasses.)

Of course, this usually involves dying. A lot. It's a horrible build for a long-term game when you don't approach it right (needless to say this version isn't) but it's great fun for causing havoc for a short amount of time.

For a more serious build, I tend to go along the lines of what Brandon said, but I've never bothered with animal friend. I do rely pretty heavily on speech, though.
A funny thing, the king who gets himself assassinated.

Inkidu

Quote from: Geeklet on March 28, 2010, 09:24:36 AM
First off, ignore the Chinese Stealth Suit... makes the game stupid-easy and mindless.

I've played through using every type of weapon... and my favorite combination was Sneak w/ Unarmed & Explosives.

Though Power Armor + Big Guns was quite fun as well (Preferred the Outcast power armor personally... Not those heretics you have to help for the main storyline)
Not the point. the point is to make fun or interesting builds. It's not about making the game easier or harder that will happen though.
The stealth suit is just there for looks anyway.

Wasteland Knight:

Special- Str, End, Cha, Lk.

Skills- Melee, speech, barter.

Weapons/Apparel- shisckabob, metal or power armor (winterized if you got the DLC)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Geeklet

I think you may have missed my point. From my personal experiences at least, sneaking around without the stealth suit was much more fun and enjoyable than with the stealth suit. Yeah, hitting someone with a sword in stealth and having them still be completely oblivious may be fun the first couple times, but it eventually gets boring... so is it really a "fun" build anymore?

But anyway, back on topic.
Focus in Unarmed and 1-handed small guns, male with a beard.... Vault Dweller, Chuck Norris style.

Hemingway

Every other Fallout game, I've played with Power Armor and Energy Weapons. Plasma Rifles remain the best ever. I much prefer the look of the Plasma Rifle from Fallout 1 & 2, though. It looks so intimidating. I even did that first time playing through Fallout 3.

But on my second character, I did something quite different, and quite enjoyable. I can't remember the exact skills and attributes, but I based my character on Small Guns and Stealth. Used the Ranger Combat Armor exclusively from the moment I got it. Damn, playing through the Ranger quest was intense on highest difficulty. Running out of stimpacks a quarter in, and ammo about half-way, things got really interesting. Having to kill super mutants with nothing but a combat knife is quite satisfying, both because they're awesomely big and the knife is tiny, and because having to resort to a knife because you have to conserve your ammo adds a certain realism. Can't wait for New Vegas for even more realism.

The Pitt really makes such a character easier to play, too, adding the Infiltrator / Perforator. I think those are the right names, anyway. Rifle with a suppressor. It's not quite as powerful or amusing to use as the Lever-action rifle from Point Lookout ( best DLC for Fallout, by the way. ; D ), but it works really well.

Inkidu

I actually learned there was a Point Lookout prison camp in Maryland during the Civil War. Kooky eh?

This has been your Vault-Tech factoid of the day.

Drink Nuka Cola Quantum!