News:

Main Menu

SMT: Strange Journey

Started by DarklingAlice, March 25, 2010, 12:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarklingAlice

I am a huge fan of the Shin Megami Tensei series. It consistently delivers mature, the element of choice, interesting plotlines, classic gameplay, and a level of party customization almost impossible to find in any other RPG. Not to mention that I am a huge mythology buff and it is extremely cool to run around with a team of high level gods from multiple pantheons and lay a smackdown on thing that threaten the very nature of reality itself.

So when I heard that the fourth (or sixth if you count the NES Megami Tensei games) instalment of the main series was coming out on the DS I was ecstatic. Because, after all, the biggest weakness the series has had has been that it can be a bit grindy at times. But, in my opinion, that's a plus when you have the game portable. It's nice to be able to just flick it on between classes or whenever you need to burn fifteen minutes.

I was wondering, is anyone else a fan? And if so what do you think about this latest instalment?
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.