This...looks...awesome. Gamers please look within.

Started by Gosco, March 23, 2010, 08:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gosco

I'm an avid gamer. Ever since the days of the Atari stick...oh yes...that thing with the red button and stick. I had that when it first came out and thought it was AWESOME!

I've played on every system up until now, including the the PC and have had a long and wide range of games to play.

I'm putting up this post in an effort to catch the gamers on the forums and make them aware of this game that looks revolutionary.

http://spyparty.com/

Sometimes you buy a game for pretty graphics and decent gameplay. Sometimes you buy a game and play it 200 times because it has awesome gameplay and story even if the graphics suck. I'd like to point out that SpyParty is still in development, so the screenshots on that website aren't the finished product, they will get better.

The basic premise behind the game is that there are two player. A sniper. A spy.

The spy's job is to move around a room full of NPC and complete little missions WITHOUT being noticed by the sniper.

The sniper's job is to pick out the spy and kill him.

Just those two ideas put together make me wet myself. It's going to be a true spy vs spy game where it is all about blending in and being alert rather than who can play for 500 hours and figure out which order to shoot their weapons in order to get the most kills on the map. I mean imagine a game where you are moving around the room, trying not to stand out..and you trip. Shit...THUMP. You are on the ground because the sniper figured you out. I can't wait for this, it is in early development so it will probably be 2011 or 2012 when it comes out, but I'll be waiting.
What would the world be like without the creative? Always the same.

"History? I'll teach you history. You want to know the difference between you and the you 5 minutes ago? The you 5 minutes ago had 5 minutes to live." -Anachronox

Oniya

Why am I imagining these two little guys with long pointy noses and trilby hats?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Gosco

In your mind, Is the white one setting up a giant punching glove inside a coke machine for the black one to get hit by?
What would the world be like without the creative? Always the same.

"History? I'll teach you history. You want to know the difference between you and the you 5 minutes ago? The you 5 minutes ago had 5 minutes to live." -Anachronox

Oniya

Oh no - he's replacing the coke cans with cunningly disguised grenades.  Pull the tab, and it blows up in your face!

Or maybe he was just shaking them all.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kunoichi

Citrus

I'm really bad at those types of games, but I want to try it!

Nocti

Sounds like a pretty interesting concept, will be doing part to part researching on it. Thanks for the share.

Beezy

Awesome!  Thanks, I will keep an eye on this one