What movie was the bane of your existence as a child?

Started by Darkcide, February 10, 2010, 09:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belladonna

There is one film I can recall that scared me terribly as a youngster, and it is the Exorcist. To this very day, I still cannot view the film.

Additionally, Jaws had the same effect, but fortunately I conquered my fear of the water.

Kip

Like Sabby, Arachnophobia.

I don't mind spiders at all now... but I still can't watch that movie the entire way through.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Jarod1

When I was a child it was the Aliens movies.

I love them now, but when I younger they scared me.

Jag

These little creeps from Labyrinth:

Chilly Down From Labyrinth

*shudders*

Smiling, dancing, and singing don't cover up the creepy factor.

And the Skeksis from Dark Crystal:

Death Of The Skeksis Emperor
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

KieraHaroden

Hmm, only 2 films have ever freaked me out - and I used to be a lover of horror movies!

One of the Alien films, I can't remember which. I was 11 when my mums' ex-boyfriend decided to put on one of the Alien films whilst I was eating my dinner.. but he skipped ahead to a scene where the mother alien had her jaw open, and you could see all the saliva and bits of gore etc on her razor sharp teeth... freaked the crap out of me!

Also, Se7en. Oh. My. God. For some reason I cannot quite understand, this film really, REALLY, freaked me out. I watched it on my own, in the pitch black.. could not go anywhere in the dark for some time after that night. And I have barely watched any horror films since...
Feel free to add me to YIM - Kieraharoden

My O's and O's
My Drawing Corner

Arhys

Too funny, I count Clash of the Titans as a key early influence in my bondage interest and to this day fantasize about being handcuffed to a stone grotto by the seaside...

Scariest were Poltergeist because of the evil clown, Friday the 13th the original was my first horror film, and Nightmare on Elm Street, mainly because I saw that with a huge group of friends and look like one of the actresses in it.  A friend yelled, omg, that looks like you Arhys!  and for the next year everyone thought it was hilarious to mess with me so I developed some paranoia.

KieraHaroden

If my father had his way when I was born, I was going to be called Carrie-Anne, from Poltergeist. Thank God my mother put her foot down!

I used to be a lover of all horror films - the majority of them just made me laugh, lol. I absolutely love The Labyrinth!

My O's and O's
My Drawing Corner

thebobmaster

Quote from: Arhys on March 16, 2010, 09:49:48 AM
Too funny, I count Clash of the Titans as a key early influence in my bondage interest and to this day fantasize about being handcuffed to a stone grotto by the seaside...

Scariest were Poltergeist because of the evil clown, Friday the 13th the original was my first horror film, and Nightmare on Elm Street, mainly because I saw that with a huge group of friends and look like one of the actresses in it.  A friend yelled, omg, that looks like you Arhys!  and for the next year everyone thought it was hilarious to mess with me so I developed some paranoia.

You need no excuses for NoES. The original film is very scary, even by today's standards.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

stormsfury

Psycho

I am not old enough to see the original when it came out waaaaaay back when, but my grandparents had HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax and went to bed early. That movie freaked me out, and made it almost impossible for me to take a shower. (Baths were fine as the shower curtain could be left open) To this day, when I think I catch a wrong shadow while standing in the shower, I am ready to deliver a naked beat down to whomever might possibly be standing outside the shower. I mean when are we any more vulnerable than when we're standing in the shower, naked, with nothing to defend ourselves but a bar of soap and a wet wash cloth...and a back scrubbed if we're really lucky. Alfred Hitchcock was a bloody genius, and I have to hand it to him for mastering the art of messing with the mind.

Also, on a side note, I agree with Poltergeist as well. My cousin thought it was a great movie to take me to see as a kid. :O That clown just creeped me out. Then as the trauma started to pass, I read Stephen King's "It", and yeah, yeah...killer clown in a storm drain. Clowns to me are creepy anyway, but neither of those helped me out a great deal with that perception.

Oniya

Quote from: HeretiKat on March 06, 2010, 01:15:50 AM
Gmork seems awfully philosophical for an evil nightmare wolf, waxing loquacious about the nature of imaginationland with a kid.

Besides, he's full of crap.  If Fantasia were the product of human hopes and dreams, it would be full of orgies and things a lot scarier than him.

Interestingly enough, if you read the book it turns out that Gmork isn't from Fantasia.  He has crossed over from the 'real world'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Arhys

Quote from: thebobmaster on March 16, 2010, 04:24:09 PM
You need no excuses for NoES. The original film is very scary, even by today's standards.

My brother took an old glove, and then pushed old steak knives through the fingers, which he then delighted in hiding in random places in the house just to freak me out.  Evil brother *laughs*

Izu

IT - I saw it when I was four and it scared the hell out of me.

And... Sesame Street - I had a nightmare after I saw the first episode... I think I was 3-4 - the counting vampire was strangling my grandma, counting on each strangle 'Ooone, twooo, threeee' >.< x'D
Oh and also The Cats - I saw it again when I was 3-4, a recorded version of the musical and I had a nightmare again that the cats from the show came to my room and tried to kidnap me.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Hemingway

Oniya

We watched the original Chocolate Factory earlier this week.  The little one thought that scene was cool.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Blitzy

I have only been scared of one horror movie in my life, and it was a cheesy Sci-Fi movie about some electric eel things that killed people. I was... 8?

Nothing else has ever scared me or given me nightmares.

My brain is just fucked up. :D
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

LadySky

When I was 12 my cousin let me watch Lord of the Flies, thinking that since I love horror films it would not bother me.

Though I did and still do LOVE horror films, Lord of the Flies scared me senseless. I actually had nightmares for weeks!

The cover of that movie still makes me shiver. Go figure!

I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Oniya

How many here have seen Time Bandits?  Remember the ending scene after the kid gets back to the 'real world'?

Don't touch it!  It's Evil!

KieraHaroden

Quote from: LadySky on March 21, 2010, 12:41:13 PM
When I was 12 my cousin let me watch Lord of the Flies, thinking that since I love horror films it would not bother me.

Though I did and still do LOVE horror films, Lord of the Flies scared me senseless. I actually had nightmares for weeks!

The cover of that movie still makes me shiver. Go figure!

The book is absolutely amazing. Covered it in school once, and we had to write our own version of the book. I got an A for mine, and it has been used as references to others who had to cover Lord Of The Flies. ;D Never seen the film version though..

My O's and O's
My Drawing Corner

PocketFullOfPosies

Michi No Sora is right on the ball with mine...Freaking Skeksis from Dark Crystal used to terrify me.

My dad used to tell me that vultures were little baby Skeksis >< and so I'd scream whenever I'd see them.

Nosferatu

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

I still can't watch this movie. Scared the everliving hell out of me. And the parts that weren't scary were just downright creepy. And yet I found myself watching it over and over again (I blame my father, who had no sense of what was and was not age-appropriate material for us).

Tachi

It was Cat's Eye I believe. Evil little gremlin thing hiding under the bed and trying to kill you while you sleep.

HockeyGod