Mass Effect 2 (With spoilers!)

Started by Avi, January 15, 2010, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slywyn

I didn't either. The council were dicks.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Destiny Ascension

"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Inkidu

Mass Effect was the first game that actually made me rationalize my moral decisions. It wasn't killin' granny, it was killin' granny to make the world better.

XD
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Aragem

I just loved the world.  It wasn't about humans mingling with aliens, but a community of aliens and humans together.  We were actually aliens too in this game.  And I loved how it started as time had pasted and humans had integrated themselves in a galactic society beyond the "oooh, aliens!".

I actually squeed when I was able to overhead a Salarian and human woman having a normal conversation about work.  I know it seems very mundane, but it was a common scene in an amazing view.  I hope to see moments like that and then some in the sequeal.

I already pre-ordered and I am waiting for tomorrow midnight to bring my copy home. 

My friends have actually made fun of my obession.

They say stuff like, "You put the disc in your 360 and it red rings."  Grrrrrr!!!!

And then they come up with this scenario of me being cast away on an island like Tom Hanks except the plane is full of copies of Mass Effect 2.  I end up building a raft out of the cardboard boxes and game cases.  My rope is the tape that held the boxes shut and the beach ball friend is a mint copy of Mass Effect 2 of which I speak to Shepard's face.

"We got to leave soon, Shepard."

"I know we need more rope, Shepard."

The sail has the Alliance Logo on it.

Mass Effect 2 copy falls in the ocean and I scream, "SHEPARD!!!!!!"

I hate those guys.

Inkidu

That is possibly the funniest Castaway parody I have every read!

"Shepard! What do we do now!"

Too funny.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Aragem

They came up with some other stuff.

I'm stuck on an island with a huge shipment of Mass Effect 2 copies, but NO 360.  So I tried to build one with parts of the plane as they wash up and when I have a mockery of a x-box 360 together, a whole one washes up on shore.  Then I realize, there is no tv.

I'm in a cave and I paint pictures of the Mass Effect cast on the walls. 

Avi

One thing that people haven't mentioned, which I think is somewhat underrated, is the music in that trailer. O_O  It's really good, considering the epic nature of the story the game is telling.  Does anyone know who the composer for ME2's score is?
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Sabby

Quote from: Aragem on January 24, 2010, 08:02:02 PM
They came up with some other stuff.

I'm stuck on an island with a huge shipment of Mass Effect 2 copies, but NO 360.  So I tried to build one with parts of the plane as they wash up and when I have a mockery of a x-box 360 together, a whole one washes up on shore.  Then I realize, there is no tv.

I'm in a cave and I paint pictures of the Mass Effect cast on the walls.

Heeheeheehee, giggle fits xD

Slywyn

Quote from: Avi on January 24, 2010, 08:27:39 PM
One thing that people haven't mentioned, which I think is somewhat underrated, is the music in that trailer. O_O  It's really good, considering the epic nature of the story the game is telling.  Does anyone know who the composer for ME2's score is?

I don't know, but I've always thought that the music in that game was awesome too.

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Destiny Ascension

Jack Wall does all the Mass Effect music. At least the original stuff.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

Slywyn

Oh mah gawd, it comes out tomorrow. *dances*

Destiny Ascension

I'm getting it in an hour, midnight launch and all... sucks I can't play it... :(

Slywyn

I'm wondering if there's anywhere around here I can buy it at midnight. But I think I'm going to try to rent it before I buy it. I'll probably beat it within the time it takes for the rental to be up anyway.

Inkidu

Quote from: Spectfade on January 25, 2010, 10:13:47 PM
I'm wondering if there's anywhere around here I can buy it at midnight. But I think I'm going to try to rent it before I buy it. I'll probably beat it within the time it takes for the rental to be up anyway.
I don't think so! I got it, and it's two freaking discs! I opened it and nearly had a happy stroke. Just from the shear amount of main-story quests I've got in my journal already nine or so, I think you're in for the long haul.

Kane Gunlock

I want this game sooo bad it hurts

Avi

Played my first couple of hours, and it is awesome!  I can guarantee that I will already play through a second time, just to see what will happen if I make different choices.  Oh, and nothing makes you feel like a bigger badass than taking down a gunship with a grenade launcher. :D

Slywyn

The council are still huge freakin' dicks! Wtf!? And you misunderestimate my ability to steamroll through games. xD

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Spectfade on January 25, 2010, 10:13:47 PM

I really really really doubt that. I'm like 27 hours into the game. (had to stop to save wear on my xbox and the fact that both my powercells are DEAD)

Slywyn

Mwahahaha. 37 hours into the game and counting. I really do waste too much time scanning planets though.

Dude... something I've always wanted from the first game happens in this one. Awesome.

Callie Del Noire

It is absurdly easy to get renegade points again (though I'm hedging ahead with paragon ahead of renegade)

FUN Note..

Some of the level 4 powers are OMFGWTF?? awesome. Had one guy's power REALLY pay off at level 4. :D Most of them are like that or really helpful for character or party defense/offense.

Avi

Concussive Shot is probably my favorite "new" power.  It's just so helpful to be able to stagger a powerful enemy so you can just lay into them without worry of being shot at in return.  Oh, and heavy weapons... :D  I never knew how much they helped until I took down a heavy mech with about 4 good shots.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Avi on January 28, 2010, 10:45:40 AM
Concussive Shot is probably my favorite "new" power.  It's just so helpful to be able to stagger a powerful enemy so you can just lay into them without worry of being shot at in return.  Oh, and heavy weapons... :D  I never knew how much they helped until I took down a heavy mech with about 4 good shots.

Hmm.. let's see the level 4's I like so far.

-Overload (both versions are good), you get a 'let's drop all grunt synthetics bunched together' or the 'BOOM' on one.
-Incinerate: Heavy Burn =  bye-bye to most middle level or lower guys in one shot.
-Warp (group version).. another 'black hole' attack. :D
-Adreneline Surge: a 70% increase in speed and an amazing recharge time equal a save my butt tactic. Used it to dodge missles, acid spit and a few other things.

Dohoho. I beat the game, and it is awesome.

Callie Del Noire

Not that far along.. playing around and prospecting and getting characters in their nifty black outfits!