Mass Effect 2 (With spoilers!)

Started by Avi, January 15, 2010, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

Quote from: Spectfade on February 01, 2010, 02:11:10 PM
That one almost made me cry. It was heartbreaking to hear her cry. I think that's the only game that's almost made me cry in a really long time.

Forget crying, I was out for Geth blood after that little scene. And I almost cried.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Inkidu

I will ask this once. Keep the Bayonetta out of the Mass Effect 2 discussion thread please. Reasons equal obviousness.

I heart the Legion! 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

mannik

Yes, I also heart legion.

I got pissed off at the end. I kept him...er...it in my squad thinking it would be kept safe from the life/death situations only for it to be killed anyway. I picked Jacob as my bubble guy thinking he was eventually going to bite the dust only to watch Legion get offed instead. By a seeker swarm no less. How the hell does stinging insects kill a robot exactly?

Paladin

Hell I love the game right now. Its good.

Inkidu

Tali is my alien crush. I love her character. She's a very tragic character when she has romantic feelings for the manShep. To be inches and worlds apart Something Greek about it.

(Plus I wanted to see an unsuited Quarian but that was academic.)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Slywyn

What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Inkidu

Quote from: Spectfade on February 01, 2010, 08:57:02 PM
Which doesn't happen. *nerdrages*
A little glimpse of Quarian booty would not have hurt either but no partial nudity on this rating. XD

Slywyn

xD Yeah. No more "sideboob" controversy. *sadface* Her story was cute, though.

And afterwards "I'm running a fever, <other symptom I forgot>, and there's stuff coming out of my sinuses I don't want to think about, but it was totally worth it."

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Inkidu

Quote from: Spectfade on February 01, 2010, 09:01:20 PM

And afterwards "I'm running a fever, <other symptom I forgot>, and there's stuff coming out of my sinuses I don't want to think about, but it was totally worth it."
Minor allergic reaction. Antihistamines and all that. Epi-pen stuff.

I thought it was tragic you couldn't romance Tali in the first one. She's so damned cute. 

thebobmaster

Quote from: Spectfade on February 01, 2010, 09:01:20 PM

"Just to let you know, I have a slight fever, a bad cough, and some stuff in my sinuses that I can't even identify. And it was totally worth it."

I love Tali. Also, just had some chicken go down the wrong tube. If anyone here has played RE5 or Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Legion is voiced by the same person who did Wesker's voice.

TheWriter

The Geth are aiming for COMPLETE....INTERGALACTIC....SATURATION, then?

Also, look what some smart fellow found by hacking into some of Mass Effect 2's code:
QuoteSFXGame.BioSFHandler_CharacterR?ecord2]
m_nMaxRenegade=1900
m_nMaxParagon=1957
m_srXPFormat=340881
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessageXBox?=348754
m_srParagonRenegadeMessageXBox=3?48755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePC=3?48753
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePC=348?755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3=?348755 <<<<
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3=15?3007 <<<<

Looks like I won't be in such a hurry to get the PC version after all...

mannik

There ya go, Tali without her full mask on. So you can end your nerdrages now.

Slywyn

Yeah but you can't "see" her. It's just a model. I meant I wanted to see the character.

MagicalPen

No naughty alien bits? Thats disappointing...guess I will stick with the Australian chick.

LOL!!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Slywyn

Aragem

I had a hard time choosing between Garrus and Thane.  Garrus had been my long time crush, but Thane. . . .his story is so compelling and when he called me Siha and then teasingly said he would tell me later, I fell for him.

I loved the teary scenes.  When characters cried, that was something that was lacking in Mass Effect 1, was the more emotional scenes of people dealing with loss and grief.  Though Ashley/Kaiden's death was sad, it was glossed over. 

thebobmaster

Quote from: Aragem on February 02, 2010, 05:32:27 PM
I had a hard time choosing between Garrus and Thane.  Garrus had been my long time crush, but Thane. . . .his story is so compelling and when he called me Siha and then teasingly said he would tell me later, I fell for him.

I loved the teary scenes.  When characters cried, that was something that was lacking in Mass Effect 1, was the more emotional scenes of people dealing with loss and grief.  Though Ashley/Kaiden's death was sad, it was glossed over.

A little too emotional, in some *cough*Tali*cough* scenes.

Also, I chose Garrus. Major awws were had.

Aragem

The thing with Garrus is that, it seemed more like Friends with Benefits than a true romance. 

It was still sweet and it was odd that the Paragon choices had it where you backed out and said you wanted to remain friends whereas the neutral choice was to continue with the plan.

Friends with benefits suits Shepard's personality, anyway. Lone ranger on a quest to save the galaxy... not much time for love. Plenty of downtime for sex, though. ;D

Avi

Personally, I think the pairing that has the best potential for long-term love is Shepard and Tali, just because it took so long for Tali to figure out that she loves the guy.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

thebobmaster

Quote from: Avi on February 02, 2010, 05:51:50 PM
Personally, I think the pairing that has the best potential for long-term love is Shepard and Tali, just because it took so long for Tali to figure out that she loves the guy.

I think it was more of "took a long time to admit she loves him". She does mention Feros a couple times during the romance, which implies that that is when she started to have feelings for him. And Yeoman Chambers spots right off that Tali is attracted to Shepard.

TheWriter

Ordering in ME1 for PC.  Surprised, only 20 local credits.

I nabbed it for ten bucks a while back, with the DLC for five. Brilliant deal, really.

TheWriter

I should point out; twenty bucks, in a country where most second hand games go for fifty.