Pendergast (Preston/Child Series Plots) [m/m, m/f]

Started by Sho, December 12, 2013, 08:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho

Hey there, guys and gals! [warning, possible small spoilers for those who haven't read the series]

I'm looking for a partner to play across from in the Pendergast universe. I've got a few loose ideas for this, but I'm entirely open to any ideas that you might have, or any changes you would want to make. Feel free to PM me!

Ideally, I'd like to play Pendergast myself, though I'm open to playing Constance, Corrie, Diogenes, Hayward, Viola, or an OC.

Here are some general plot ideas or time periods I have going:

1. Post White Fire era; Helen is dead, and Pendergast is slowly starting to recover and come to terms with the fact that he now has Tristram and Alban to worry about. This could be m/f, m/m…really, depending on who you wanted to play. There are plenty of options with this one, ranging from him pairing with Corrie or Constance to anyone else.

2. Pendergast is investigating a new series of serial killings; unfortunately, he's up against an unusually intelligent killer. He is captured by the killer, and perhaps initially forced into intimate situations, eventually coming to like it (either through Stockholm syndrome or through realizing that while he's paired against a serial killer, he's far more similar to the killer than he is to the normal people he meets).

3. Young-Pendergast era. This could be a pairing with Aloysius/Diogenes, Aloysius/Helen, or anyone, really. This could be while he's living in New Orleans with his family, post-Vietnam, or while he's at Oxford. Even after the fire, while he's just starting at the FBI. Perhaps a pairing against another FBI agent or cop? I'm open to anything, though.

4. This one is a rather darker plot: after finally finding out the whole story behind Helen, Tristram, and Alban, Pendergast once more begins to backslide (this could also be post White Fire, though doesn't have to be…this could also be pre-Helen, post-Vietnam). He once more starts to debate the relative merits of suicide, and starts falling back into drug usage in order to dull his feelings and stop his mind from running rampant. This could involve a pairing across from Viola, Constance, a doctor, even d'Agosta or Hayward, or an OC.

All of these are, of course, very, very loose plot ideas. I'm more than willing to work on any other plots, or to play characters that aren't Pendergast, though my preference would be to play Pendergast in the fourth plot I have listed, in particular. I'm open to pairings of any genre, either m/m or m/f. Please PM me if you have any ideas or if my plots spark any interest, and we can work something out!