(WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?

Started by LunarSage, July 04, 2011, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

GCD   1.5 seconds (Ice Lance) Hmmm... Yeaaaah.. (Just looked it up, because I've never wondered all too much.)
Though my Frost mage has a lot of Haste, I'm pretty sure I can't pull that many lances out of my ass in that period of time xD

Quote from: Alucarddalv on September 02, 2011, 10:54:54 PM
Then again if the rumors are true it may be a moot point soon enough. rumors floating around are that we may see AQ 20 and 40 as two of the 3 new five mans in 4.3.

Maybe. But I still find discussions like this to be fun.

Alucarddalv

you can get Ice lance down to a sec if you hit your Haste cap...as haste lowers the GCD as well as spell cast time...but still would require a second person dealing 10-15 frost attacks with you.... Now if you could get the haste up high enough on a frost DK you might be able to pull off quite a large number of hits if it counts each tick of icy touch as a separate hit, and you have a massive amount of Runic Power for frost strikes. Also another thought what if you had a pair of cheap weapons that you enchanted with the weapon enchant that adds frost damage. Do you think that would count as well?
What is it to a man if he gains the world but loses his soul.

Twilight doesn't exist nor should it ever had existed. Those things are not vampires no matter how much she wants to say they are. They are fey simple as that.

Does not sparkle.....

Character Might and Magic 2: Valenar

Aiden

Ohh man AQ 40 and 20, I can't wait to do that again! -_-

Cthun stomach! It was only a set back!

Callie Del Noire

Another day of dailies and another encounter with a pair of asshats.  Was doing the 'clear the roost' part of the molten front daily quests  and a trio of hordies were running around flagged, looking for AOEs against the elementals to get folks flagged and pvp.

(And before the horde guys jump in with counters, I know allies folks do this too)

I got to ask..why in the hell do they do it? Can't you make more pvp honor killing on a BF?

Black Howling

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 03, 2011, 07:20:04 PM
Another day of dailies and another encounter with a pair of asshats.  Was doing the 'clear the roost' part of the molten front daily quests  and a trio of hordies were running around flagged, looking for AOEs against the elementals to get folks flagged and pvp.

(And before the horde guys jump in with counters, I know allies folks do this too)

I got to ask..why in the hell do they do it? Can't you make more pvp honor killing on a BF?
Yeah, but this way they have the drop sometimes. People don't notice em, where as on the BG's everyone knows who they are fighting and they actually have to coordinate and work for it. That's the reason both sides go into asshat mode and try to get each other flagged.

Alucarddalv

It used to be that the only way you could get flagged was to target a player and actively attack them....just getting hit by an AoE from you wasn't enough and didn't actually hit them or flag you...I know as a Pally back in the day when we could keep consecration up all the time I had a couple of people try to stand in my consecration and cause me to flag and it would not work So is it only certain AoEs that cause you to flag now?

Twilight doesn't exist nor should it ever had existed. Those things are not vampires no matter how much she wants to say they are. They are fey simple as that.

Does not sparkle.....

Saerrael

Quote from: Alucarddalv on September 02, 2011, 11:12:25 PM
you can get Ice lance down to a sec if you hit your Haste cap...as haste lowers the GCD as well as spell cast time...but still would require a second person dealing 10-15 frost attacks with you.... Now if you could get the haste up high enough on a frost DK you might be able to pull off quite a large number of hits if it counts each tick of icy touch as a separate hit, and you have a massive amount of Runic Power for frost strikes. Also another thought what if you had a pair of cheap weapons that you enchanted with the weapon enchant that adds frost damage. Do you think that would count as well?

That frost enchant has a reduced effect for players above 60, though, so the procs will be neglectable.

Quote from: Alucarddalv on September 03, 2011, 07:38:54 PM
It used to be that the only way you could get flagged was to target a player and actively attack them....just getting hit by an AoE from you wasn't enough and didn't actually hit them or flag you...I know as a Pally back in the day when we could keep consecration up all the time I had a couple of people try to stand in my consecration and cause me to flag and it would not work So is it only certain AoEs that cause you to flag now?

You had to be flagged for your aoes to hit flagged players. That much I do recall.
I'm not sure how it works now (in detail) but have been flagged now and then. It's quite annoying >.>

Callie Del Noire

All I know is as a pali I throw out consecrate, avenging shield (I was in tank hat) and those were my only AOEs being used..and then suddenly I'm flagged and 3 hordies are curb stomping me along with the quest npcs helping out.. so it was like 12 on 1

Black Howling

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 03, 2011, 08:06:46 PM
All I know is as a pali I throw out consecrate, avenging shield (I was in tank hat) and those were my only AOEs being used..and then suddenly I'm flagged and 3 hordies are curb stomping me along with the quest npcs helping out.. so it was like 12 on 1
Yeah, they are good at it. >_< I didn't have to worry about it most of the time, as I was on a PVP server and it was a constant thing which I actually found was better then getting flagged right and left, but eh; still sucked.

Saerrael

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 03, 2011, 08:06:46 PM

To be honest, on a pve realm, that does feel like grieving. But I'm sure it can't be reported >.>'

Alucarddalv

Blizzards Definition of Grieving changes based on the situation it seems. Sadly the only time Blizzard reacts to most cases of reported grieving is if there is also a chance the person is a hacker or a gold spammer. otherwise they ignore it because in the original manual included with WoW it stated that any pvp activity was  part of the game even when not on a realm and that you should simply either not flag or move to another area.

Does not sparkle.....

Saerrael

Hm, agreed, Alucard. Blizz is known for this jumping through their own loopholes.

Though I could report it due to it breaking my RP experience as I'm on an RP realm >.> <.<
Oh, hello, loophole! *grins*

Alucarddalv

Sadly that doesn't work...I play on Scarlet Crusade...an RP realm and they say it doesn't matter the only difference in rules between a non RP realm and an RP realm is the naming policy that is it.

Does not sparkle.....

Black Howling

Quote from: Alucarddalv on September 03, 2011, 09:52:56 PM
Sadly that doesn't work...I play on Scarlet Crusade...an RP realm and they say it doesn't matter the only difference in rules between a non RP realm and an RP realm is the naming policy that is it.
Are you serious? That sucks...

Saerrael

Hmmm.... I might try it, though. Breaking immersion is an RP violation. It should be reportable.

Alucarddalv

Maybe you will have better results than I have in the past. I know the only time I get any kind of timely response is if I report a hacker...everytime I have tried to report grieving it takes 3-4 hours to get a response.

Does not sparkle.....

Saerrael

Alucarddalv

Yes USA server and that is if I even get a response at all. Sometimes I just get the little letter in the mail telling me that they will look into the situation and that they cannot tell me any results. Which I always find funny because half the time you don't have enough room to properly describe all of what happened so how can the be looking into something they don't have all the details on?

Does not sparkle.....

Saerrael

Here in the EU it takes ~2days to get a response.

....they MIGHT be understaffed.

Anjasa

When I first started playing, thunder clap would flag me if it hit a flagged alliance, but they changed that.

I think avenging shield is bugged to still hit the opposite faction if they're flagged and thus flagging you, at least that's how I recall it before I left.

And yea, Blizz really couldn't care less about your RP experience being ruined. Most of the time you're likely they care about offensive/obviously non-RP names.

Shjade

Quote from: Anjasa on September 04, 2011, 08:40:56 AM
I think avenging shield is bugged to still hit the opposite faction if they're flagged and thus flagging you, at least that's how I recall it before I left.
I seem to recall that being the case since it's not AE in the same way as, say, Blizzard or Death & Decay. It's not an X targets in Y area spell, it's this target and then a couple targets near it. I wouldn't be surprised if Chain Lightning does it, too.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Alucarddalv

I have a question is it hard for the rest of you guys to pug decent raid groups for end game content? I never seem to be able to find a competent group, and I never seem to find players i can get to come back on a consistent basis.

Does not sparkle.....

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Alucarddalv on September 04, 2011, 05:45:27 PM
I have a question is it hard for the rest of you guys to pug decent raid groups for end game content? I never seem to be able to find a competent group, and I never seem to find players i can get to come back on a consistent basis.

At least 2 times a week I get a pug with at LEAST one of the following.

1. I'm doing a heroic on my rogue (who BARELY qualifies for them gear wise) and have some asshat with like.. 10k gear score and doing 13+k damage complaining that I'm not pulling my weight when I pull like 6 to 8k in damage.
2. I get a tank who is looking for that ONE bit of gear and drops when when the first boss doesn't drop it.
3. I get a healer who likes to blame everyone else for why he can't keep us alive. (Note: When you're doing such craptastic healing the tank dies in the first 3 seconds of pulling a trash mob.. AFTER he and everyoen else asks if you're ready.. it's NOT the healers fault.
4. The sermonizer. Someone who berates one of the other players the WHOLE time. Cause they have the wrong gear, look wrong, are the wrong sex/race or whatever. I had one guy who was giving the tank grief through the whole damn fight cause he spiked something like 20k damage in the first fight and the tank lost agroo for 20 seconds.
5. The horder. This guy HAS to get every plant, node, leather skinning or he'll vote to boot the other person doing it.

Saerrael

Quote from: Alucarddalv on September 04, 2011, 05:45:27 PM

Hmm... I raid with my guild, to be honest. And, no, we're not die hard, so we haven't finished Firelands yet.
I do pug on my alts, but there are a few channels that can be used here for that. For one, there are quite a bit of RP guild that hold members that do want to raid, but do not want to leave their RP guild for IC reasons. You could either try find out of your realm has something similar, or make a channel for this yourself.

Shjade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 04, 2011, 05:50:37 PM

2. I get a tank who is looking for that ONE bit of gear and drops when when the first boss doesn't drop it.
3. I get a healer who likes to blame everyone else for why he can't keep us alive. (Note: When you're doing such craptastic healing the tank dies in the first 3 seconds of pulling a trash mob.. AFTER he and everyoen else asks if you're ready.. it's NOT the healers fault.

If the tank dies THAT fast it's more likely the tank being undergeared, pulling too much or not using mitigative/controlling abilities pre-emptively than the healer's fault, to be honest. Tanks who are properly prepared for the content shouldn't explode.

Still those kinds of people are annoying, I agree. Didn't see much of the other kinds. Occasionally had people gripe about my dps as a rogue in heroics, but some of the heroics are just anti-melee dps in general. The crystal cave place, for instance. All those mobile boss fights and target-switching mechanics and idle dps periods. Crappy place for a rogue to try to shine.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.