Ideas from the mind of a very strange Fae...

Started by MabFaerie, June 10, 2010, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MabFaerie

These are my current roleplay ideas. If anyone is interested, feel free to shoot me a pm, or leave a response below.
As always, I'm open to suggestion and ideas =)

AVAILABLE

Winter Lodge: This idea came to me after reading the book House Of Leaves. However, what is *inside* the hallway is entirely up to interpretation It could be another world, it could be an empty space where a demon resides, it could be some stairs leading to a secret hidden passage of the house. Again, it’s up for grabs.

James Clarke had just suffered a nasty divorce and desperately needed a change of scenery.
So he packed up his house in sunny Los Angeles, California and moved to Aspen, Colorado, fixing up an old Inn and renovating it into a Winter Lodge.
His daughter Heather, and his son Keith, somehow got roped into tagging along with him and helping him run the lodge, both suffering mixed emotions from the whirlwind of events.
The renovations seemed to be running smoothly for the family, and they were able to open the lodge for business sooner than planned. However, on one particularly snow evening, when everyone was indoors by the fire, Heather decided to do a bit of exploring of the lodge, wanting to get a better feel for the place.
Option one: To her surprise, she came across a door in the attic that seemingly led to nowhere, and by all means it shouldn’t have been there at all. From the outside of the house there was nothing but a bare wall. But inside, there was a door, and past that door, a dimly lit hallway.  Curiosity at it’s best, Heather entered the hallway…
Option two: The house in itself appears normal, with no strange passages that she can find, much to her dismay, allowing the family to settle in fine. However, strange noises begin to sound, night after night, a creaking of floorboards where no one has walked, pounding on walls, clanging of windows. James swears it is merely the house settling, but Heather wonders if it may be something more...

Devils Game: Heavy possibility to be a group roleplay, given the right direction.

“Play the game, Lucy, you know you want to.” Lucy Morris illegally acquired a video game that had been banned worldwide. According to news reports it had been the sole cause of multiple deaths, suicides and homicides among its players.
Believing none of the hype and figuring it was just some half assed marketing scheme and would be re-released to the public in a week or so, Lucy managed to download the game off the internet. 
Upon starting the game, though, Lucy blacked out and collapsed.
When she awoke, she found herself inside a decrepit and corroding grand hotel with hundreds of rooms and twisting hallways and passages about it. If that wasn’t enough, there seemed to be something more dangerous than being lost to worry about. Horrified screams rang through the halls, and blood spatters decorated the floors and windows, the furniture and walls. All the clocks, or at least the ones that weren’t cracked and broken, seemed to run backwards as if counting down to something. …But what?
In the midst of all the madness, Lucy encounters various other "players". People who had made the mistake of downloading and playing the banned game as well. None of them seem to know exactly what is going on, but they all have horrific stories of their own to share.

Anything you ask: I have a curiosity that needs to be sated. I want to do an extreme one shot roleplay to see how I feel about it. Everything and anything (within site limits obviously) is absolutely fair game here. I only request that I be allowed to play a female character. I am open to any plot line, any idea, anything you can think of, try me. I've never done n Extreme rp before, so i'd appreciate a tiny bit of hand holding to start with, (Basically, If I'm pming you now and then for a bit of direction, please don't hold it against me).

TAKEN

Behind Blue Eyes: A bit of older modern day with a possible fantasy twist.
Fun Fact: The manor I'm thinking of when this roleplay comes to mind, is very similar to the manor in "The Secret Garden" movie.

Claudia Brightwood came from a wealthy family. Her father was a businessman, strong, stoic, firm in his ways and all business all the time. Her mother was  god fearing woman who spent more time praying than she did breathing. Nearly everything out of her mouth was a bible scripture, and when it wasn't, it was her praising god or saying everything was gods will.
The pair together bore nine children, Claudia being the middle child, little number five.
However, somewhere along the line, Claudia's family went bankrupt, her father losing his job and then passing away due to illness shortly afterward, leaving them in a substantial amount of debt, with nothing to cover it, not even an inheritance or life insurance of any sort.
At a loss for what to do, Claudias mother went to her husbands previous business partner, Lord Alistair Raven of Raven Manor. A black haired, blue eyed younger man, who kept himself shut away in his study, surrounded by books more often than not.
Claudias mother pleaded with him for help, begging for mercy and offering her daughter Claudia as a servant to work off her fathers debt.
Alistair, having grown up in a poor family knew what it was like to suffer, and so he accepted the offer, allowing Claudia to live in his manor, in her own room of all places, showing a small hint of kindness for her plight.
However, not all was as it seemed. With Claudia being the new girl, all of the maids seemed to shirk the duties they least wanted to do onto her, including any and all duties that involved interacting with Lord Alistair. He was rumored to have a foul temperament and a taste for blood and violence. But, beneath his cold demeanor, could there be a tortured soul aching for understanding? Or is he nothing more than a monster seeking to work poor Claudia to the bone for as long as he could keep her?
TAKEN

Neko Tails: A modern day setting with a fantasy twist. I don't mind playing the cat, or Aisliin. Also, if wanted, Aisliins character could be gender swapped and made into a boy of your choosing.

Head Secretary at a music corporation headquarters, Aisliin Mcdonough was moving up in the world. She had no time for friends or socialization, and even less time for pets of any sort. But when a foul thunderstorm sent her home early one evening, she finds herself stumbling across a cardboard box with a small kitten inside, that was sadly getting soaked in the rain.
Feeling pity for the little thing, she scooped it up and took it home, feeding it, cleaning it and nursing it back to health.
All of her good deeds however, were amply rewarded, when the cat transformed into a human looking being, with small cat ears and a bushy tail, eager to give thanks to it's savior in any way possible.
TAKEN

Into the woods: A fantasy medieval setting roleplay with magick elements. Ideally I’m wishing for this to be a girl on girl roleplay, but I may be swayed to have it be hetero, if a convincing enough argument is given.

Harrowbrook was a large, vast land, separated into two by a thick forest in the center of it.
On one side, were the lower and middle class citizens, the workers. On the other, were upper-class, the nobility and the Kingdom.
The side you were born in, was more often than not, the side you died in as well.
As very few people ever did anything worthwhile enough (or sunk so low as to be ordered to) to live amongst the other sides, they all seemed to have a general understanding that things were just better off that way.

Aria Autumn, was nothing more and nothing less than a bakers daughter.  She lived in one of the larger cities in Harrowbrook where her father owned the top Bakery in the entire city. However, being the top bakers daughter held the same renown as being the top fisherman’s son or the top barbers wife, it meant very little in the grand scheme of things.
Aria was destined to take over the bakery and follow in her fathers footsteps, just as tradition ordered, but Aria… no she had other plans.
In the dead of night on her 18th birthday, Aria packed her things in a knapsack and darted off into the stormy weather, headed towards the woods. She’d planned to cut through them and make her way out the other end, towards the Castle and it’s surrounding city. She planned to make herself a new life, a better life amidst the hustle and bustle of nobility and upper-class citizens, far away from Harrowbrook, weather hell or high water barred her path.

But amidst those woods, Aria will catch the attention of something else entirely... And it is determined to claim her as it’s own.
TAKEN

Mirror Image: I’d prefer to play Molly, and would love to find someone willing to play Celeste. Also, if you’re interested, we could start it off from when Celeste is still Kyle, or later after Annlinae has left and he’s already become Celeste.

Molly Wheaton grew up in the shadow of her older sister, Annlinae Wheaton.
Annlinae had a best friend named Kyle, and the two were, for the most part, inseparable. They did everything that best friends would do, movies, games, shopping, parties, you name it, they did it. More often than not, they left  Molly out entirely, or, in a few cases, they were found dragging her along with good intent but such actions ultimately resulted in her being a third wheel.
As the years passed, Molly felt a crush begin to form for her sisters best friend, Kyle. Molly envied the friendship her sister held with him, but hadn’t the heart to do anything about it.
Kyle seemed to be the only one that paid any real attention to Molly. In her misplaced angst ridden world. He was her shining light in the dark, everything she wanted, everything she needed.
…But it seemed that Kyle was heading in a very different direction. He felt trapped within his own body, and knew that who he was on the outside just didn’t seem to represent who he was on the inside.
And thus Celeste was born, and Kyle, laid to rest. Physically, Celeste was still male, but one look at the girl and you’d never be able to tell for sure.
Time passes, as it always does, Molly began college and Annlinae left their hometown to pursue a navy career, it being her dream since youth.
Now, with Annlinae gone, could the closeness to Celeste, something deeper than just idle friendship, that Molly had desired finally come to be?
Or will Molly be unable to look past the exterior to find the person she’d cared for all along?
Will Celeste hold any interest in Molly in the first place?
Or is it all just failed wishful thinking? 
TAKEN!!

Tomorrow’s another day: I like to think of this one as a *choose your own scare* story, like those old goosebumps novels. It could go any route, delving into a fantasy aspect with demons and devils and all things that go bump in the night. Or it could stay fairly normal and become a love story between Karina and some random so and so she meets. It’s up for grabs.

Sarcastic and sour, Karina Terranova was known to have a snarky attitude and a bitter streak a mile long.
Her parents passed away when she was only 11, leaving her in the custody of her flighty and precocious Aunt Stephanie for the following eight years. With a guardian who was too busy planning her latest grand escape and the passengers side of a car as her only constant home, Claire became jaded and hostile.
She never took the time to make any friends as it felt pointless, why build relationships if you’re just going to have to throw them away the next time your aunt decides she’s bored with reality?
Once again, Karina finds herself subject to another new town and another new house. Only this time, Stephanie seems to be settling down here with a semi permanent job and a rental agreement.
Convinced that it’s just a fluke, Karina makes no attempt to adjust to her new lifestyle and continues about in her own little world of solitary confinement.
It’s barely a week later that her entire world is turned around in a most unsuspecting way.
TAKEN!

The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Vergil1989

I need a good game right now since most of the ones i was in or the one I was running have all died off or disappeared lol.  I'd go for Devil's Game or Tomorrow's Another Day; both sound very good in their own way lol.  The last though has a lot of potential to be a group game though, as you said my friend.  The other one I mentioned sounds good in that creepy solo sense.  PM me or what have you and I'll get back to ya so we can work out details.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil1989

Just wondering if you forgot lol.  I can create the thread or you can, either way works for me my friend.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

MabFaerie

~Alright, Updated, Tomorrow's Another Day is taken~
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Vergil1989

Well, here's the pic I had for ya Mab.  Sorry for the trouble I'm putting ya through in this one.

I hope this goes well for us and that despite a rocky start we can get this going far lol.

MabFaerie

**Updated, added Option Two for Winter Lodge

MabFaerie

MabFaerie

MabFaerie

MabFaerie

Decrepitdan

Almost all of my story suggestions lean towards going extreme eventually. Look em over and pm me if any interest you!

Zelric Miras

I'm currently running an extreme one. Bloodlust. If you like what you see, pm me. ^^