Agents of Darkness [Interest Check/Recruitment] - Started 11-1-16

Started by Blue Nova, October 12, 2016, 02:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

aorangi3

*peeks* Was wondering if I could have some of this?
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Blue Nova

At the moment we are full, but i will let you know if we get openings later.

aorangi3

So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Aiden

I'm gonna liberate Shao Khan for someone else, for time reasons. Been playing Mafia 3 and Civ 6 is coming out on Friday. So I don't want to add any more games to my list at this time.

Good luck people!

Blue Nova

Alright Aiden laters

But keep in mind, I am trying to get people who are not in GPaW. I don't want to take players away from the other game to play in this one.

aorangi3

Quote from: Blue Nova on October 19, 2016, 12:27:32 AM
Alright Aiden laters

But keep in mind, I am trying to get people who are not in GPaW. I don't want to take players away from the other game to play in this one.

uum ok

Blue Nova

aorangi3

Quote from: Blue Nova on October 20, 2016, 01:18:16 AM
Thank you for being so understanding

nah I understand. If you do have a opening and dont mind me though, I wouldnt mind playing.  :-[

minerva7790

Thanks, I'll have Sylvanas then! Working on the character sheet!
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Blue Nova

Quote from: aorangi3 on October 20, 2016, 01:31:11 AM
nah I understand. If you do have a opening and dont mind me though, I wouldnt mind playing.  :-[

Of course, once again, priority doesn't mean never.

Quote from: minerva7790 on October 20, 2016, 09:48:49 AM
Thanks, I'll have Sylvanas then! Working on the character sheet!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Let me know if you have any questions or need ideas for powers.

FarFetched

I'm getting really excited for this game! I've been pouring a lot of thought into Muffet's potential interactions with everyone.

Chronoclasm

It'll be a fun one, I think!

For me, it'll be something kind of different too. >:) It's not every day you get to play the King of the Koopas. Speaking of whom, here's one entertaining theory into how he became the way he is (clearly I am doing some srs research too, FarFetched):

Bowser: The Story You Never Knew
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

minerva7790

Quote from: Blue Nova on October 21, 2016, 04:00:39 AM
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Let me know if you have any questions or need ideas for powers.

Thanks! I was tired and wasn't in an extremely creative mood, but will this do?

Catherine
Catherine
MASTER: Sylvanas Windrunner

HOMEWORLD: The Golden Playhouse (from the video game Catherine). It's been five years since Vincent married Katherine, Catherine's love rival. Life is as normal and she is just about getting over the fact that Vincent has chosen Katherine over her. Astaroth and Dumuzid are not conducting the Nightmare trials, and so does not require her services to lure men into the trials. So, out of boredom, Catherine decides to skip town.

APPEARANCE: Catherine can change her looks at will, but currently favours the appearance that Vincent (the only human she ever had the teensiest feelings of love for) liked. Fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair in curly pigtails. Despite being told that white was not an appropriate colour for a villain, she continues to wear it, though not always in the usual form of a lacy dress and thigh-highs. She sometimes reverts to her succubus form too: humanoid with two curly ram horns, same blonde hair, but with red eyes, and white skin with black stripes (see below).

SEXUALITY: Pansexual, though she prefers girls, and, recently, men who know what they want and are not afraid to go for it.

PERSONALITY: Catherine is cheerful and enigmatic. She loves to flirt and be flirted with, though she does not have the commitment for a long term relationship. She gets along well with others as long as she recognises what's in it for her. However, when things don't go her way, she can sometimes turn nasty. After all, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

HISTORY: Catherine is a succubus who sometimes visits the mortal realm out of boredom. Her hobbies usually revolve around seducing men, then dumping them when she tires of them. Periodically, she teams up with Astaroth and Dumuzid, who conduct the Nightmare trials to rid the mortal realm of unfaithful men, or men who are not interested in having children, since they are threat to the traditional family unit. Astaroth, an avatar of Ishtar, the Goddess of Fertility, masterminds these trials by giving these men terrible dreams, in which they are forced to climb towers (designed by Dumuzid) or fall to their deaths. If they survive a trial, they live to see another day and return to climb again the next night. If they don't survive, well, they die for real. Catherine's role was to recruit these men by seducing them and testing their faithfulness to their girlfriends and wives.

But after several centuries of doing this, Catherine wondered if there is more to life than seducing men and playing video games with Daddy. With the lifting of the Veil, Catherine's Homeworld was not affected. The Alliance deemed it as a low-risk since the bad guys weren't doing bad things at the time, and let's be honest, those men who got Nightmares weren't entirely innocent of cheating on their ladies. However, Catherine became intrigued by the worlds outside hers. Without telling anyone about it, she decided to cross through the Veil, just for fun. She chanced upon a social event that also happened to be a recruitment and networking session for the Dark Council. There she met Sylvanas Windrunner, whom she felt an immediate bond of camaraderie for. Catherine let men use her to fulfil their fantasies; Sylvanas was used by men. Catherine was a demon; Sylvanas was undead. Catherine prized her freedom above all; Sylvanas desired her freedom above all. Avowing to help Sylvanas break free from her bonds to Diablo, Catherine pledged allegance to her.

Describe your character's back story. Was he exiled from his homeworld, or is it currently at war, or contested somehow. Perhaps fate has designed that the darkness prevailed in your world. Whatever you would like, explain how it happened here. Then how you ended up serving the Dark Council.

POWERS:

Shapeshifting - Catherine can appear in any form that she chooses.

Empath - Catherine cannot read other people's thoughts exactly, but she can sense their desires and emotions. Ever since starting her training with Sylvanas, she has learnt to influence others with mind control. It comes pretty natural to her, anyway, since she is used to getting what she wants.

Endless Knight - Particularly useful for the physically delicate Catherine. Endless Knight makes her practically immortal, and grants her some skill with weapons. What is a knight without weaponry skill?

SKILLS: Manipulative, strong-willed, charismatic, beautiful (seductive, really), fist-fighting (no kidding, this girl can pack a punch).

FLAWS: Compulsive (and flighty), sociopath, physically delicate.

INVENTORY: A bow and a quiver of arrows, though her skill with them would embarrass her Master. She's better with the pair of daggers she carries on her hip, under the red ribbon belt (+10 seduction) she wears around her waist.
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Blue Nova

I like it!! but may I add some suggestions? For instance, her first power, perhaps could have something to do with entering dream, just to make it fit with the video game. It is your choice, but I thought i might throw this out there.

Dreamscape - Catherine can enter the dreams of her targets, and even bring things into the dream. Depending on the power of the target she can use this power to learn about her victim, or even control their thoughts and desires. She need not be anywhere near them when she does this, only know where they are, and send her astral projection to their location. However, she can also use this on a fully conscious person, but she must be within line of sight.

Something like this could be great for missions, where she takes the entire party into the dream of a powerful combatant and breaks their resolve, or enters alone and seduces the virtuous into debauchery.

FarFetched

Hehe, I just noticed a power-overlap between Alduin, Catherine, Embrace and Bowser. They all have a mind control abilities!
XD, Deciding who does the interrogating will be funny. Rock-Paper-Scissors, anyone?

PrestaDGTation

Quote from: Blue Nova on October 21, 2016, 04:00:39 AM
Of course, once again, priority doesn't mean never.

Hm...  it has been several days..

*sends a PM*
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Rel Mayer

First off. Thank you to everyone who helped me make this sheet. I know my muse was a bit on the low side (and sheet making isn't my favorite thing), so I don't wanna specially call you out for your excitedness and support but I DO APPRECIATE IT! Whew, finally posted though!

Blue Nova there is an extra flaw added. Considering an extra strength. Would love to know your thoughts.

Bayonetta

MASTER: Dracula, Lord of Shadow

HOMEWORLD: Bayonetta Homeworld is a place where Angel's are the main antagonists to the demons. She is one of the last two surviving Umbran Witches, which are vastly powerful in their world. Her homeworld can seem vastly different and a bit more random and chaotic, which makes her a bit 'over the top' compared to some of her crewmates.

APPEARANCE: Bayonetta is a beautiful woman with a slender yet curvy figure much like the other Umbra Witches in her clan. Bayonneta is not a stranger to using her body to get what she wants, and isn't afraid to show her sexuality. She has black hair sometimes wrapped into a beehive-like hairdo. Gray eyes with a beauty mark on her cheek, next to her lips. Her main attire is composed of a skin-tight suit made out of her hair that has a rose design on the abdomen with long white gloves, black and gray heels, thin gold chains, three small belts strapped on each arm, and a pair of gold, cat-shaped earrings. Her signature look is made from her glasses that have the design of butterfly wings close to the lenses. Bayonetta wears an Umbran Watch over her bust that contains a red jewel thought to be the Left Eye. Four metal symbols are attached to her hair, three of them in the shape of the crescent moon and the other is the symbol of the Umbra Witches.

SEXUALITY: Bisexual

PERSONALITY: Bayonetta is a character whose approach to her deal with Inferno is one of casual disregard. Often treating her weapons as mere tools to get the job done, save for her favorite set of guns, she appears to enjoy her situation as a way to vent her hidden sadistic nature. She rather enjoys fighting angels in a playful yet brutal manner and she maintains her cool even when up against powerful angels such as the Auditio. Bayonetta tends to operate alone and prefers to do things by herself if going on a mission or adventure, and not get encumbered by other people, at least initially. She can also be construed as somewhat impatient, especially towards the more "talkative type" of enemy.

Most of all she is utterly playful when it comes to her prey. Considering that she is under Dracul, she is a vampire that needs constant blood to maintain her youth. The thirst is real and more than ever Bayonetta uses her sex appeal to lure people in and feed. Although some people would see it as a curse, it's among one of her favorite things to do.

HISTORY: Also known as Cereza, she is a coquettish and mysterious Umbra Witch, who possesses a remarkable talent for the Bullet Arts. After a 500 year slumber in a coffin submerged at the bottom of a lake, Bayonetta battled against the angelic hordes of Paradiso in order to discover the truth about her past and what she had forgotten during her sleep. Bayonetta later rescued her friend Jeanne, her clan sister who was taken to the realm of Inferno.

However, her victory was short lived. It only took a few days rummaging through the reaches of video game planets and worlds that she stumbled on Dracul's lair. The cocky woman got in a bit over her head, and what she had assumed would be a good fight turned out to change everything that she was. A new breed of witch was formed. A witch that needed blood to live off of to maintain her youth and beauty, but she had more powers than the other witches. This new thirst lead to not only becoming more established in her stance of witch, but it also caused her mind to loose a bit of her morals. What was good anymore? What was right? Killing mortals seemed innocent enough, since she had been accustomed to angels and demons before.

Now she thirsts for power along with blood, and she stop at nothing to get exactly what she wants and do Dracul's bidding. For she is now bonded to him, even if she unwillingly accepted his vampire gift.

POWERS:

Supernatural Transformation - Bayonetta can transform into a succubus-like vampire, with the ability to feed off of those she drinks the blood of. She gains enhanced strength and speed, as well as the ability to drain her victims for more. Gaining more magical and psychical power with every victim, but only for a short amount of time. The length of the drain depends on how much contact she had with them. A touch may only be a few seconds, a kiss a few minutes, while drinking their blood would last several minutes.

Umbra Witch - Bayonetta can use magic in particular ways. Able to manipulate her hair to form anything from tendrils to clothing. As well as having a few animal transformations; such as the Panther, Crow, Bat, and Snake. She has knowledge of the dark arts, but her magic is more of a natural talent, than a dedicated study.

Umbran Climax - This allows all of her attacks for a short time to summon unique Wicked Weaves, such as Madama Butterfly's fists, feet and even head along with huge plant-like vines for the new whips and white spectral blades for her swords. Finishing moves on combos were also revealed to fully summon the Infernal Demons. She unleashes an devastating combo of demon attacks, claws, and teeth. Then towards the ends of the blitz finishes off her enemies with the summons of infernal demon.

SKILLS:

Agile - Bayonetta is extremely light on her feet, as most dancers are. She has an inhuman balance and dexterity, which she loves to show off in her fighting styles.
Marksman - Bayonetta is an incredible shot with her pistols, capable of shooting an opponents from dozens of yards away between the eyes, while she is spinning in a pirouette.
Seductress - She is very good in the art of seduction, capable of tempting a man or woman with just polite conversation and body language. This also helps her to read their desires in social situations.
Intelligent - The Umbran Witch has lived for hundreds of years, and gained much knowledge in her travels around the Homeworlds, not just her own. She is poised and articulate in her mannerisms to reflect this intellect.

FLAWS:

Weak - The Umbran Witch is not very strong physically and often requires magic to do the heavy lifting for her, though magic cannot be used for every situation.
Mana - Bayonetta has a limited amount of time she can use her Umbran Witch powers, and must replenish her magic by draining others.
Dependent - She has a little girl she must attend to on a fairly regular basis, Cereza. Who is actually her from a different time line, ever since they crossed the Veil that is.
Addiction - The Umbran Witch has gained great power under Dracul, and gains more still with everyone she drains. However, she has grown addicted to the process, and the desires grows further when draining too many in succession.
Dracul - He's the man who changed her and this Dark Council member has very high influence over her. One could even say she doesn't say no to anything he ever says.

INVENTORY: Love is Blue and Scarborough Fair gun sets, several Accessories, and a Tome of Witchcraft, and the Umbran Armor (currently reclaimed by the Dark Council)

Quotes

Bayonetta
"You've played enough hide and seek, my scurrying little friend!"
"I'm sorry. I forgot to mention one of the reasons I hunt your kind. You're much too ugly not to put out of your misery."
"You know, you're not nearly so ugly when you're screaming."
"Yours is a face only a mother could love, and one I could never forget. If only I could remember where from…"
"I'm not much for the talkative types. How about we have a little fun, instead? You did plan on having fun with me, right? There'll be plenty of time for pillow talk afterwards."
"Bugger! And I didn't make any time for pillow talk."
"Hello there, Cheshire!"
"How odd. You seem to know where I'm going before I do. Yet you don't seem to know how to drive a car in a straight line."
"Oh my… That was bloody amazing."
"Another one looking to line his pockets. Huh, I'm beginning to see why Enzo is so fond of you.
"I feel like a fucking celebrity in this town."
"Don't worry. It's always scary the first time you see them."
"Now, where are my new best friends? I suppose one of them is an adult, so they should be okay."
"You're absolutely delusional. If I leave her, he'll never shut up about it. And his whining is twice as irritating as anything the child could muster."
"Another talkative type. I don't think I've got time to entertain your blather. I'd much rather hear it straight from your boss."
"So where was I? Oh yes. Your kind invitation. I do hope you've prepared dessert as well. Oh what a lovely tea party! And dancing, too! Cereza, my dear, watch and learn!"
"If there's two things I hate in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies! Well, a crying baby cockroach would be truly terrible… So don't you dare cry."
"Tentacles! Why did it have to be tentacles?!"
"You know the rules: no cockroaches or crying babies."
"Where the hell am I? I better have got frequent flyer miles for that flight."
"Juu'nen hayain dayo!"
"As long as there's music, I'll keep on dancing."
"I can't help it if I like the little outfits. The toys are nice, too."
“When you love something, never lose it. Understand, little one? You must keep it safe, close to your heart.”
"Put your foot down, Cheshire! I'll take care of our little pest problem."
"I've often seen a girl without lipstick, but lipstick without a girl!? Most curious, isn't it Cheshire?"
"Come now, Cheshire. Look at me. Do I look like I have any interest in children? Now making them… Well, that's another story."
"In the language of flowers, rosemary equates to remembrance… Suits me now, doesn't it?"
"Do you naughty little angels deserve a good spanking?!"
"Let's dance, boys!"
"I should have been a pole dancer!"
"Don't fuck with a witch!"
Bayonetta 2
"You know what I need? Some heels without guns."
"A Lumen Sage… cheeky! No one bothered telling me any of your kind survived."
"Now than you mention it...I still haven't quite figured out how a broke, bumbling wise guy managed to turn himself into a semi-respectable family man."
"You know, I try to avoid doing this in my Sunday best."
"This is why I never buy anything on sale..."
"Now it's time to be naughty."
"I'm not one for pets who don't listen to their masters.
"Let the real Santa take care of the presents. Now let's go."
"I can't believe you, Enzo. I didn't know the in-flight service was exclusive to fat Italians."
"Sorry, Enzo, this is where I get off. Say hi to the wife and kids for me!"
"Jeanne...I'm on my way. Just behave yourself for a bit longer."
"I'm afraid I don't have time to dance too long. A friend is waiting for me."
"You seem to have skipped school the day they taught basic negotiation skills. You're supposed to negotiate from a position of strength, little one. Not just be a one trick pony."
"More tricks, little magician? Maybe you've got more to offer than I expected. For the time being though, stay here and don't get frisky."
"Just don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong, Cheshire."
"Where did you learn that trick, little one? I've never seen a witch--or a sage, for that matter-- pull off something like that."
"Right, let's go. I've got a party and I've no intention of being late."
"I don't recall asking for your permission. Oh, and I was wrong about our final destinations. Going down."
"Fuck! The boy! Forgot about that..."
"What kind of adult picks on little children?"
"Trust me, little one, he's not my type."
"Oh my… you're a Lumen Sage!?"
"I think my friends and I might have had a falling out. Why would Infernals be after me...?"
"Good to know some of you are keeping your part of the contract."
"I came to pick up a friend. It's almost her curfew."
"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were the most persistent stalker I've met yet."
"Wonderful!! That's the second dress in a month!"
Taunts
"Your halo is mine!"
"Bring it!"
"You want to touch me?"
"Come on!"
"I've got a fever, and the only cure is more dead angels!"
"Let's dance!"
"If you need to learn how to talk to a lady, ask your mum!"
"New 'do, dead you."
"Boring."
"You're making it easy!"
"Dreadful!"
"That all you've got?"
"My turn now!"
"Miss Me baby?"
"Don't make me beg."
(when wearing the Chain Chomp Umbran Fragrance) "Mama-mia!"
Activating Witch Time
"Nice try!"
"Not quite!"
"Can't touch me!"
"Too late!"
"So close…"
"Almost!"
"Is that all you've got?"
"Got you!"
Character Selection/Tag Climax
"Ah! You want to play with Bayonetta?"
"You've got the right eye for talent."
"Shall we?"
"Did I hog the spotlight?"
"Do you like my haircut?"
Wicked Weaves
"Die!"
"Flock off!"
"Kiss this!"
"Boom!"
"Twist!"
"I've had enough...of your games!"
"The...end!"
"Smashing!"
"Fire!"
"Bingo!"
"See ya!"
"Excellent!"
"Ta ta!"

Blue Nova

This looks great Rel, go ahead and post it in the Character Sheet Thread!

Rel Mayer

Blue Nova

Quote from: minerva7790 on October 22, 2016, 01:49:10 AM
Thanks! I was tired and wasn't in an extremely creative mood, but will this do?

Catherine
Catherine
MASTER: Sylvanas Windrunner

HOMEWORLD: The Golden Playhouse (from the video game Catherine). It's been five years since Vincent married Katherine, Catherine's love rival. Life is as normal and she is just about getting over the fact that Vincent has chosen Katherine over her. Astaroth and Dumuzid are not conducting the Nightmare trials, and so does not require her services to lure men into the trials. So, out of boredom, Catherine decides to skip town.

APPEARANCE: Catherine can change her looks at will, but currently favours the appearance that Vincent (the only human she ever had the teensiest feelings of love for) liked. Fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair in curly pigtails. Despite being told that white was not an appropriate colour for a villain, she continues to wear it, though not always in the usual form of a lacy dress and thigh-highs. She sometimes reverts to her succubus form too: humanoid with two curly ram horns, same blonde hair, but with red eyes, and white skin with black stripes (see below).

SEXUALITY: Pansexual, though she prefers girls, and, recently, men who know what they want and are not afraid to go for it.

PERSONALITY: Catherine is cheerful and enigmatic. She loves to flirt and be flirted with, though she does not have the commitment for a long term relationship. She gets along well with others as long as she recognises what's in it for her. However, when things don't go her way, she can sometimes turn nasty. After all, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

HISTORY: Catherine is a succubus who sometimes visits the mortal realm out of boredom. Her hobbies usually revolve around seducing men, then dumping them when she tires of them. Periodically, she teams up with Astaroth and Dumuzid, who conduct the Nightmare trials to rid the mortal realm of unfaithful men, or men who are not interested in having children, since they are threat to the traditional family unit. Astaroth, an avatar of Ishtar, the Goddess of Fertility, masterminds these trials by giving these men terrible dreams, in which they are forced to climb towers (designed by Dumuzid) or fall to their deaths. If they survive a trial, they live to see another day and return to climb again the next night. If they don't survive, well, they die for real. Catherine's role was to recruit these men by seducing them and testing their faithfulness to their girlfriends and wives.

But after several centuries of doing this, Catherine wondered if there is more to life than seducing men and playing video games with Daddy. With the lifting of the Veil, Catherine's Homeworld was not affected. The Alliance deemed it as a low-risk since the bad guys weren't doing bad things at the time, and let's be honest, those men who got Nightmares weren't entirely innocent of cheating on their ladies. However, Catherine became intrigued by the worlds outside hers. Without telling anyone about it, she decided to cross through the Veil, just for fun. She chanced upon a social event that also happened to be a recruitment and networking session for the Dark Council. There she met Sylvanas Windrunner, whom she felt an immediate bond of camaraderie for. Catherine let men use her to fulfil their fantasies; Sylvanas was used by men. Catherine was a demon; Sylvanas was undead. Catherine prized her freedom above all; Sylvanas desired her freedom above all. Avowing to help Sylvanas break free from her bonds to Diablo, Catherine pledged allegance to her.

Describe your character's back story. Was he exiled from his homeworld, or is it currently at war, or contested somehow. Perhaps fate has designed that the darkness prevailed in your world. Whatever you would like, explain how it happened here. Then how you ended up serving the Dark Council.

POWERS:

Shapeshifting - Catherine can appear in any form that she chooses.

Empath - Catherine cannot read other people's thoughts exactly, but she can sense their desires and emotions. Ever since starting her training with Sylvanas, she has learnt to influence others with mind control. It comes pretty natural to her, anyway, since she is used to getting what she wants.

Endless Knight - Particularly useful for the physically delicate Catherine. Endless Knight makes her practically immortal, and grants her some skill with weapons. What is a knight without weaponry skill?

SKILLS: Manipulative, strong-willed, charismatic, beautiful (seductive, really), fist-fighting (no kidding, this girl can pack a punch).

FLAWS: Compulsive (and flighty), sociopath, physically delicate.

INVENTORY: A bow and a quiver of arrows, though her skill with them would embarrass her Master. She's better with the pair of daggers she carries on her hip, under the red ribbon belt (+10 seduction) she wears around her waist.

Also let me know if you like the suggestions minerva, and you might want to take off the Starting Explanatory text from you character sheet lol.

FarFetched

Loving Bayonetta! I can't wait to RP with her.

Speaking of which, how much longer until we kick this puppy off? I'm all excited now.

Blue Nova

Quote from: FarFetched on October 23, 2016, 10:18:03 PM
Loving Bayonetta! I can't wait to RP with her.

Speaking of which, how much longer until we kick this puppy off? I'm all excited now.

This week  ;)
I am actually calling for a sound off now. Keeping the slot open, but I would like everyone to post something in the AoD OOC. Even its if just to say your still here!

Pink Professional

If you're willing to have me, I'd be glad to join your motley crew...
With this fella.
Artorias, the Abysswalker
MASTER: Shao Khan, The Konquerer

HOMEWORLD: Dark Souls – Artorias was one of the first to fall to the infernal abyss. It was an all-consuming Blight that led once-heroes down a path of destruction and mind-altering rampage. Soon enough, the Abyss was all that remained of the world. Abyss and Darkness. Every so often, the curse of Undeath would fall upon the world, and some poor soul would rekindle the light to restart the Abyss’ attempts to smother it endlessly. Every time the Abyss rallied, Artorias was called to fight and kill and die again. It was an ever-repeating, ever-mindless cycle.

APPEARANCE: Artorias, as he is seen by most, is a tall individual with a warrior’s form. His height is exaggerated by the Gift of the Lord Soul Shard, making him stand at an astounding Eight foot tall. His face and body are more often than not covered in the wispy blue cloak and the eroded steel armour, and when he enters into a rage; black smog seems to emanate from his body.

Underneath his armour, Artorias is a strange sight to behold. His skin is a pale white, reminiscent of porcelain. In all other regards, though; he is human. He has black hair, and sick-looking, almost translucent purple eyes, and the physique of a Greek Demigod.

SEXUALITY: Hetrosexual

PERSONALITY: Artorias is a cold individual, quite in contrast to the majority of those who serve under Shao Khan. He is rational to a fault, and as honourable as a once-great Knight could hope to be. Sadly, for his enemies at least, he has been changed by his time as the Abyssal champion. He now relishes in combat and violence, satiated only by the raw rush of death and, occasionally, the caress of a lover; the last lingering memory of an all-but-forgotten lover’s face. Artorias is fiercely loyal to Shao Khan, and serves the man with duty and honour. Artorias rarely rises to insults, and rarely shows emotion beyond mild interest or disinterest. Truth be told, some think that Artorias is all but dead, until they see the glint of hunger in his eyes before a Konquest.

HISTORY: Once upon a time, Artorias was one of the Four Knights of Gwyn. He was the first of his order, and the first to fall to the curse of the abyss, an all-consuming blight which stripped bodies of humanity, rationality, and life. To die at the hands of the Abyss was a fate worse than death, for your body would constantly be shattered against heroes, only to be reformed in different time lines and forced to break again. It was a repeated agony for the once noble knight that drove him to insanity.

It was impossible to tell what happened after he fell to the Abyss. He remembered a great many things: dying the first time, against a noble undead warrior, being resurrected, and dying countless times more. It was a brutal cycle he thought he’d never escape; a microcosm of the world he lived in.

But then, the Dark Council took his world.

It was Shao Khan who fittingly found the berserker Artorias, and it seems that the warrior had struck the Konquerer’s fancy. He made a tournament of battling the rampaging Abysswalker, which saw hundreds die to Artorias’ blade in one-on-one Kombat. Eventually, it was Shao Khan himself that stepped up to Artorias, and it was Shao Khan who bested him. Shao Khan then ordered his mages to strip away enough of the raging Abyss that clung to his soul, and offered Artorias the first taste of freedom he’d had in years. Upon the offer of service, Artorias accepted. He had always served Gwyn faithfully, and yet Gwyn had not saved him. Shao Khan, on the other hand, had. He would make a fine lord.

POWERS:

• The Abysswalker – Artorias is, even before his time under Shao Khan an absolute monster of Martial Combat. Having mastered several styles of weapon-play, and already bearing the strength to wield a Greatsword the size of a human with one hand, he can crush creatures with his sword, or daze them with his grace and speed. (Huge buffs to Weapon-based combat.)

• Soul Eater – Artorias’ world thrives upon the currency of the Soul. Souls are used to fuel a person’s strength, as well as to empower their being, preserve their sanity, and trade to others for goods. While most would revile this trait, Shao Khan and his forces celebrate it. Shao Khan himself is a creature who devours souls, after all; so how could he do anything but encourage his newest champion to better himself by devouring the souls of the conquered? (A heightened increase of strength based on defeating and slaying enemies. Souls would require moderation by the GM.)

• Supernatural Martial Arts – Of the few things Artorias celebrates, it is Martial Combat that most excites him in his second life. Shao Khan offered him training in a form of combat that both further heighted his already powerful swordplay and added a new, dynamic element of hand-to-hand combat to his repertoire.  (Further buffs to Weapon-based combat and a buff to Hand-to-Hand combat.)
SKILLS:

• Coldly Charismatic – Artorias was once the leader of the greatest order of knights in his Kingdom. It takes an incredible amount of Charisma to unite four powerful knights under a single cause, and while his once legendary Charisma has been diminished by his time as the Abyssal Champion, it still persists.

• Weapon Master – While Artorias is perhaps most famous for his use of a Greatsword, he has shown to be talented with all forms of martial weapon. Be it his Sword and Shield combination, or the arms of his once-fellows, Artorias can both use any martial weapon, and teach others to do so.

• Wolfheart – Artorias once held the loyalty of the Great Wolf Sif, a noble and intelligent hound that bonded with the man for his simple, honourable nature. Even tainted as his soul is, Artorias remains a strangely appealing creature to the more feral beasts of the realm, attracting their attention and sparking a kind of kinship with relative ease

FLAWS:
  • Berserker – Artorias is a strange creature, contrasting cold, knightly honour with savage brutality. He struggles to end any altercation without thorough, violently bloodshed; making him of limited use on diplomatic missions, or ones were tactical retreats are required. It would take a staunch ally or a convincing threat to sway him otherwise.
  • Weakened against Magic – Once upon a time, Artorias bore a magical Shield that helped him to wade off magics. Now, without it and with the Abyssal taint on his soul, Artorias is not only vulnerable to magic, he is actively weak against it.
  • Tainted Soul - Artorias' soul has been forever tainted by his time as the Abyssal champion. While this no longer dominates his day-to-day life, it has left him unable to hide from any who can sense souls, and gives him a chilling aura to those who can sense magic.
INVENTORY:
The Greatsword of the Abysswalker – A simple, if not powerful, Greatsword; the Abysswalker’s Blade does not have any special properties other than its sheer quality and strength of craftsmanship.

The Wolf Ring – A ring that was given to him by his once-lord Gwyn, it denotes his Iron Will, and offers no real bonuses to him other than a source of renewed vigour in the face of adversity. It also serves as a memento to his lost companion, Sif.