curious if i could get some help?

Started by Nitro, July 09, 2010, 07:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

I am curious. I noticed that another member has a moving gif image as their avatar. I have one that i would like to use, I was wondering if anyone could like resize and what not so it could fit as a avi and keep moving, I do not know if that is allowed, If it is allowed could someone help me to make this possible here is the image i wish to use.

If no one can help or if it can't be done than i understand i was just curious.

Jag

It can be done, seeing as other members have moving avatars (and I did at one time). Many dislike it because it can cause loading issues, but we don't disallow it.

As for the size, I'm not sure what our limit for moving avatars is. I know sites like Photobucket and Tinypic do have resizing options. You could always try those. I can resize a still image in MSPaint easily, but I'm not good with animated images or gifs. But I know there are options out there on places like Photobucket and Tinypic.

I'm sure someone a bit more proficient in these kinds of things will be along soon to give you a better answer. ^^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Nitro

I have tried Photo-bucket and I had a friend try it on photo-shop but she said that there is a program out there that will do it. I just don't know what that program is, I am hoping that if someone knows how to really do that they could re-size it and what not so it can fit.

Lyseni

I tried resizing it for you. ^^; I did a Google search and found this free program. Downloaded it and tried it out.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/gif-resizer-resize-animated-gif-image-files/

Nitro

Quote from: x Kitty x on July 09, 2010, 09:10:45 PM

I tried resizing it for you. ^^; I did a Google search and found this free program. Downloaded it and tried it out.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/gif-resizer-resize-animated-gif-image-files/

Thank's I tried it..I just can't seem to get it to keep moving once it is on my profile. But thanks..:)

Lyseni

Aww. I'm sorry. D: Lol. You're welcome though.

Vekseid

Quote from: Michi No Sora on July 09, 2010, 08:28:27 PM
It can be done, seeing as other members have moving avatars (and I did at one time). Many dislike it because it can cause loading issues, but we don't disallow it.

I want to note that we are considering a policy change restricting people to one animated .gif at a time - in your avatar or in your signature, but not both. Multiple animations tends to create the opposite of the desired effect, if they're blatant.

Nitro

Okay that is fine i was going to remove my Gif's in my signature anyway. But yes i understand that, This is the gif that i was wanting to keep and put it as my avi.

Haibane

I noted the resizing that was done didn't maintain X and Y ratios. Was that important to you?

Nitro

~raises eye brow~  X and Y hm I don't really know cause i am not really computer savvy like that so i kinda don't understand what you mean.

Haibane

LOL *huggles* The image's horizontal length was shortened and the height stayed the same so the kissing people are now tall and thin.

One axis was compressed more than the other. If the 'squished' image does not bother you then please just ignore me, I wanted to check if it was okay. I'm sure photoshop has an animated gif resizing feature... I just need to find it...

Zeitgeist

I take it animated gifs for avatars was disabled?

Zeitgeist

Quote from: Zamdrist of Zeitgeist on September 20, 2010, 11:47:58 PM
I take it animated gifs for avatars was disabled?

Answered my own question. Yes for avatars, no for signatures.

Haibane

Shame your avatar isn't animated. I'd be be fine watching that ;)