Vampire: The Dark Ages

Started by Nicolae, May 20, 2013, 07:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayovagn

I can sort out a character sheet in oWoD format soonest if you would like one. Just didn't know you were seeking it. *Smiles*
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Nicolae

No hurry, although I would like to start the game within the upcoming week.
O/O   Ideas

RubySlippers

Just bouncing this off any Tzimisce in the group who could use a Revenant, some are interesting there are some choices for lineages in the Dark Ages. If I can play one?

AndyZ

I just can't seem to get a good concept in my brain for this.  Apologies.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

BenedictWolfe

I'm in very much the same boat as Andy, so I won't be participating.
Still, wish you the best of luck.

Nicolae

Sorry I haven't been responding here. I've had a very busy second half of the week (three graduation ceremonies to attend in three nights, in-laws' anniversary party yesterday, and earlier today a crippling migraine), but I will be jumping back into this game planning forthwith. Very sorry to see some people having trouble coming up with a character idea. If you'd like me to run a few by you, I'd absolutely love to do so.

For instance, a Brujah Crusader, or a Saracen Brujah defending his holy city. A Toreador troubadour, a Lasombra priest obsessed with theology and the nature of blood (perhaps a precursor to the Sabbat?), a Nosferatu cutpurse and saboteur selling military secrets to both sides, a French noble sired by a Ventrue along the path to the Holy Land who is attempting to find redemption for his cursed state, or an Assamite who is miffed at the thought of an influx of Cainites into his Domain. If you think these are too stereotypical, take the reverse role: Instead of the noble being sired by a Ventrue, make it a Gangrel. Instead of a Lasombra priest, go with Malkavian or Nosferatu ("the Hooded Priest will hear your confession now..."). Instead of a Nosferatu cutpurse, what about a Toreador cat burglar? Instead of an Assamite assassin, let a Toreador or Ventrue take on the role.
O/O   Ideas

Nicolae

Oh, and RubySlippers, concerning your question about Revenants, the answer is yes. ;)
O/O   Ideas

Kythia

Is it worth pitching an idea for this or are you full?

Nicolae

It's well worth pitching an idea. We're not full yet.
O/O   Ideas

Kythia

Awesome.  So I had a few thoughts.  None of these are overly fleshed out because I was hoping you'd be able to give them a quick once over and say "Such and such a concept wouldn't work/isn't allowed."

Assamite Vizier.  Native of Jerusalem or outremer at least.  Nominally Muslim.  Runs a "soup kitchen" in today's terms, a charitable institution supported by one (or more likely) several mosques.  Gradually setting up a power base as a Fagin type character using the beggers and street urchins she (are the Assamites embracing women at this point?  Character works just as well as a male so ignore pronouns) interacts with on a day to day basis, feeding that information back to the Warriors.  Essentially, moving into a typical Nosferatu role as information gatherer but for the clan.

Malkavian "camp follower" to put it discretely.  Power Object Fixation (I think that's what its called, from CB:Malk revised, which isn't handy at the moment) as a derangement.  Knows a lot of the lower ranked soldiers and household guards.

Lasombra Noblewoman (I know for a fact the Lasombra aren't embracing females at this point, but not sure how strictly you're sticking to canon).  Powerful husband, very much the power behind the throne.  In public, doing tapestry and other things expected of her station, in private the power behind the throne in the household and using her (ghouled or possibly dominated) husband's several dots in Influence as her own.

Genderless Tzimisce oddity, very little interaction with the Kine world.  progressing on the path of metamorphosis (forget what the name is in Dark Ages)

AndyZ

Is prostitution legal in Jerusalem during this time period?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Lord of Shadows

Do you mean from an Islamic view point or a Christian one?

I hope I got my character cleared as I haven't heard anything otherwise.

AndyZ

In terms of being able to set up a brothel somewhere in the city and not have it burned down. Toying with the Setite idea since that'd work well with establishing the Camarilla. The Camarilla males a great tool for Setites.

Lord of Shadows

In pure historic sense there shouldn't be anything stopping you. Even if prostitution was something both religions shunned it was not hunted. Not saying that ST himself agrees on that point though. The way I would do it would be to set so you have influence within some religion and thus be safe that way.

Nicolae

@Lord of Shadows: Yes, your character has been approved. Sorry for not letting you know, it was a busy week and I forgot that you had sent in your sheet.

@Kythia: I don't see any reason why any of those would be unworkable, although the Tzimisce would be the most difficult. As for the Lasombra siring women, there are female Lasombra from before the 11th century, so it's entirely feasible that your character's particular sire is not beholden to the same traditions as the rest of his clan.

@AndyZ: Exactly as Lord of Shadows said, some influence with one religion or another will keep them from being a problem. Prostitution was tolerated (albeit reluctantly) in most urban settings of the time, and the Catholic church primarily accepted it because they believed that it helped prevent worse sins like masturbation, sodomy, and rape. In a nutshell, if the ladies tithe from their earnings and the madam has influence, then there probably won't be any trouble.
O/O   Ideas

Kythia

Awesome.  So whats the next step - a fully completed character sheet or an expanded character concept?

Nicolae

You can decide which of those concepts you like the most and go ahead and make a sheet for it.
O/O   Ideas

AndyZ

Toying some more with the Setite Madam idea, then.  That should work well with the setting, I think.

mayovagn

Could we have a quick and dirty list of folks who are approved and roughly who/what/where/why they will be playing please? *Smiles disarmingly*
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Kythia

Nicolae

@Kythia: Yep. Standard rules.

@mayovagn: Certainly. So far, the list consists of:

mayovagn with a Lamia woman named Lady Rofsind
   Lord of Shadows with a yet unnamed Cappadocian scholar priest

That's it so far, and if you could PM me your character sheet, I'd love to see it.
O/O   Ideas

Lord of Shadows

His name is Frances Gautier (its in the concept) just forgot to type it out in the sheet.

Nicolae

Alright, I've got a few more sheets via PM, so I'll be starting this game shortly.

Here's the list as of now:

mayovagn with a Lamia woman named Lady Rofsind
   Lord of Shadows with Frances Gautier, a Cappadocian scholar priest
   AndyZ with Nicolae DuClaire, the Setite brothel-owner
   Kythia with Isabella Lasso de la Vega, the Lasombra wife of a Spanish nobleman
   Krata Lightblade with "the Black Prioress", a Malkavian nun
   Cthonig with Joshua Christain, the Gangrel crusader

These are all the applications I'll be taking for now, though I might accept more in the future. This is plenty for me to start a game with, and I don't want things to get too bogged down with too many players just yet.
O/O   Ideas

KrataLightblade

*waves at the thread*

I did my chatting with Calrond in private, because I wasn't sure if he'd like my Prioress, but it turns out he does!

So, sheet's sent, and I'm looking forward to this.

We ought to have an interesting little group here!

Incidentally, a note on languages: What do we all speak, anyway?  The Prioress speaks German, Latin, French and Arabic.  I'm hoping we will all share at least ONE common language... *Laughs*  Though a bunch of folks that have to talk to each other through each other WOULD be kinda interesting...