Trump Rescinds Rules on Bathrooms for Transgender Students

Started by Vekseid, February 23, 2017, 12:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

New York Times

Reuters

BBC

Since this is a subject relevant for about a tenth of our membership, I thought I would make this its own topic.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

MiraMirror

All the people on Facebook who said it would be fine, that he was pro-LGBT despite the mounting evidence...Those people can choke on their words.   Since when was expecting equal and fair treatment a confusing special treatment?
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Sara Nilsson

*sighs*

fucking hell.. and yeah so many kept saying.. oh he is pro lgbt.. nothing to worry about..

*depressed*

Wajin

This is obviously horrible, but to play devil's advocate here, I don't think this was as much Trump's own feelings on the subject as it was a requirement from Pence in order to come along as VP.

Trump may be a buffoon and an idiot, but Pence is straight up insane, some of his statements regarding LGBT people are disgusting and vile.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

HannibalBarca

This directly affects my son, who is transgendered, especially as he deals with a lot of crap at his school, which is located in a very conservative town.  I cannot describe the level of loathing I have for this 'man' who has already ridiculed and insulted his way through several other groups of human beings who have done him no harm.

Those of you who feel like I do: Do not let this pass without response.  At the very least, vote in every election that comes in your vicinity, in order to elect those who will fight for those who are minimized.  Speak up when those around you show support for Trump's actions.  Give a human voice and face to those who do not agree with him.  Volunteer in some way, any way, if you feel capable of doing so.  Even one person who makes an effort can change another life for the better, or be the pebble that tips the scale.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

WhatLiesAbove

This can only be fixed when people vote. And not to downplay the issue, but does anyone see some hypocrisy in this FPOTUS? Civil rights issues are left to the states (which historically ALWAYS ends badly), where as states that have legalized marijuana use will have federal officers shutting down dispensaries.

Trigon

Thought I'd also post this here too: http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/02/religious-freedom-executive-order-coming-says-trump-transition-team-member/

According to someone within the current administration, that "Religious Freedom" executive order is still in the works, which effectively gives businesses the legal right to discriminate against the  LGBTQ crowd...

MetaAugustus

Vote not only with your ballots but with your wallets.  In response to Trevino if a business owner does that, plaster their business on Facebook and call them out.  Boycott them until they change or a better business owner can buy them out.

This is all horrible, but it doesn't come true unless we, the people, let it.  Stand up for those in need when able and if enough do it, no executive order can change us.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Trevino on February 27, 2017, 07:26:05 PM
Thought I'd also post this here too: http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/02/religious-freedom-executive-order-coming-says-trump-transition-team-member/

According to someone within the current administration, that "Religious Freedom" executive order is still in the works, which effectively gives businesses the legal right to discriminate against the  LGBTQ crowd...

Not just the LGBTQ crew but anyone that 'offends' some fundies 'moral' code. I can see this getting stretched QUITE a bit.

Other faiths, folks who don't follow this or that 'moral code'.

Kythia

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 27, 2017, 09:43:33 PM
Not just the LGBTQ crew but anyone that 'offends' some fundies 'moral' code. I can see this getting stretched QUITE a bit.

Other faiths, folks who don't follow this or that 'moral code'.

Presidents who hire your entertainment troupe.

Trigon

Noisekick

Damn, I am surprised this is an issue in a developed nation that isn't in South America. (I come from Germany where people will just shrug when confronted with transgender issue in a way that says "whats the big deal, they deserve the same treatment as everybody else".