Rise of the Magic Kingdom - CLOSED

Started by mia h, November 27, 2013, 01:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Quote from: Jagerin on November 30, 2013, 06:24:15 PM
>.>

I will remove this if requested to.

But we were discussing the first post picture on Mumble and Andy decided that he could make it better. I just thought I would share the 'better' image with you all that he did in MS Paint.

Andy's Fix

<.<
LMAO! That's hilarious
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Imogen on November 30, 2013, 06:18:35 PM
And naturally, since this is an intrige game, he is for rent...for favors -smiles brightly-

o_o!  Awesome.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ayahka

Oooh, interesting. I always did try to tell people that the Disney princesses as a whole weren't just the helpless crybaby dolls that pop culture seem to portray them as... in fact, the single Disney princess who is a helpless crybaby doll is Aurora, who literally does nothing in her own movie apart from getting cursed as a baby, falling in love as a teenager, and getting hypnotized by Maleficent into pricking her finger and falling asleep.

...I kind of want to play Aurora. Of all the princesses (with the possible exception of Snow White, who is clearly a kid and spends her movie playing pretend), she must have undergone the biggest transformation in order to become a warrior. Besides, since it was Merryweather's spell that transformed the princesses, and Maleficent was one of the antagonists, Aurora would have an extra personal involvement here.

LamentingQuill

Count me in for Pocahontas if she is available :)

mia h

I'm going to be updating the first post and setting up an OOC thread shortly, with 13 people expressing some sort of interest I think we have enough to move things along.
Right now nothing is set in stone about character selection but this is what people have expressed an interest in so far :

Snow White - Teacup
Mulan - Ember Star
Ariel - Ember Star
Aurora - Imogen, Ayahka
Jasmine - Imogen
Belle - Kerri
Pocahintas - LamentingQuill
Cinderella - Me
Tiana - vacant

Raja - PhantomPistoleer
Eric - HeavenAbove

No preference
Sharon
RampantDesires
Mathim
Zaer Darkwail

If you have an interest in any of the characters, even if someone else has expressed an interest in them speak up and then we'll see what can be arrange.
There will be a bit more info about characters in the opening post, once I finish writing the update, so if seems like there aren't enough characters to go around right now there are more options available.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

HeavenAbove

mia h

Quote from: Ember Star on November 30, 2013, 10:15:06 AM
do we have to use the models in that picture?
It's probably best to stick where possible, if the character images look like they wouldn't be out of place in the OP image then they are possibility. And as those models are already in the image then obviously do belong there  :-)

Quote from: Ember Star on November 30, 2013, 10:15:06 AM
Same with the others, I can't help but wonder "what is that even protecting?" on a couple of them. LOL. But I love the concept, and some of those ladies look quite "mmmm" ;D
I know what you mean, you wouldn't call the armour practical but if it's enchanted then does it need to be ?  ;D

Quote from: Jagerin on November 30, 2013, 06:24:15 PM
But we were discussing the first post picture on Mumble and Andy decided that he could make it better. I just thought I would share the 'better' image with you all that he did in MS Paint.
On a scale of 1 to 10 of usefulness that rates a solid.... "no comment"  :P

And unless anyone has objections I think the game should go into NC Exotic, that way everyone has plenty of scope to play but nobody is going to be forced to participate in anything they don't want to.

Zaer Darkwail

Fine with NC exotic, anyways I check disney prince list to see which one I will play.

Ayahka

Ember Star

Quote from: mia h on December 01, 2013, 08:09:39 AM
It's probably best to stick where possible, if the character images look like they wouldn't be out of place in the OP image then they are possibility. And as those models are already in the image then obviously do belong there  :-)
I only ask because a couple of them (like Snow White) look... questionable. LOL
I know what you mean, you wouldn't call the armour practical but if it's enchanted then does it need to be ?  ;D
As somebody who has done a lot of PvP RP fighting overly the years, I can honestly say it depends on what sort of fighting they're doing. If they're doing a lot of close ranged, hand-to-hand, and melee (like swords and such), it might.  If they're doing a lot of long ranged (like arrows) and magical spell casting, it might not. The big advantage armor like that gives is it'll be more easy for them to move, do back flips and such. Traditionally I've fought without or with minimum armor because of the flexibility advantage and because I do more long ranged and power play fights. I just think their outfits look kinda funny, especially for some of them. LOL.
And unless anyone has objections I think the game should go into NC Exotic, that way everyone has plenty of scope to play but nobody is going to be forced to participate in anything they don't want to.
Sounds good to me.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

mia h

Quote from: Ember Star on December 01, 2013, 09:57:48 AM
I only ask because a couple of them (like Snow White) look... questionable. LOL  As somebody who has done a lot of PvP RP fighting overly the years, I can honestly say it depends on what sort of fighting they're doing. If they're doing a lot of close ranged, hand-to-hand, and melee (like swords and such), it might.  If they're doing a lot of long ranged (like arrows) and magical spell casting, it might not. The big advantage armor like that gives is it'll be more easy for them to move, do back flips and such. Traditionally I've fought without or with minimum armor because of the flexibility advantage and because I do more long ranged and power play fights. I just think their outfits look kinda funny, especially for some of them. LOL.  Sounds good to me.

If you examined them all closely enough the they are all questionable to a point, and while Snow might not be the best I don't think she's that bad either.

As the fighting is going to more of the political instead of the physical then the practicality of the armour isn't a big concern, but if it's a huge problem for you then I'd understand if you didn't want to be involved.

Ember Star

Oh no. She's not bad. Her makeup at that age and face shape just makes her look kinda like a evil queen to me *giggle* 

Oh no. The armor isn't a big deal to me at all. Like I said, I've usually gone less armor or no armor. I just notice the logic in these things, especially given how they look more sexual than warrior like. But that goes with the territory given this is a adult RP site. One of my favorite warrior characters I have is a Amazonian neko/panther who wears pretty much what they are only instead of armor it's just cloth. So that part doesn't bother me. It was just combining the Disney princesses that made me go 'huh' with a couple of them. But not all of them, like Jasmine it makes perfect since but with Mulan, not so much. So I'm not actually complaining. Just sharing a opinion. LOL.

Ember Star

I'm still undecided on who I want though. They're my two favorites. Ariel would've gone through the bigger change personality wise. But Mulan is just so amazing. She's the only one with previous warrior experience. But red hair and a Trident... Derp! I'll give it a day and are what I land on. LOL. I'm very excited for this group. I love strong warrior women concepts.

KnightNelson20

Im interested in a prince. I was thinking of a prince that acted purely as a defense for his princess. Wielding two halves of a huge shield on each arm and when he put them together they formed a huge shield. Anyone interested in having me as their defender i greatly enjoy playing a knight. please let me know. I am looking for pictures now.

Also what type of magic (if any) is in the land? Are there magic affinities? Do you have to be born with magical abilities or is it a learned trait you can grow to master? Are spells weaved through spells or is it possible to use a spell just by thinking it and making necessary movements with your hands?

Ember Star

I think Li Shang (Mulan), Aladdin, and Philip (Sleeping Beauty) are the ones that did the most defending in the movies. I don't recall the others doing much except maybe Beast but that was partly because he was a Beast.

BTW, some people aren't aware but the Princes all have names too except for Snow White's, I don't think he does anyway.

the others ...

Cinderella/Charming
Ariel/Eric
Tiana/Naveen
Pocahontas/John

TeacupTwink

KnightNelson20

Well Snow White's Prince was named Florian. And as for the defending in the movie, would it matter as much seeing as the princess's have clear changes themselves being warriors. The act of defending is also the act of supporting a partner which all the princes do. Only a few of the princes really fought in any of the movies. For example Prince Charming never had to draw a sword and fight anyone for Cinderella but he did show unyielding spirit in his search for her. Sure its safe to assume all prince's have training in the sword as royalty goes but i wanted to take the prince to a new horizon.

Crimson Caine

I don't have any group games going and this concept has really caught my eye.  I was thinking of playing Li Shang or Beast, though I would prefer a less furry Beast.  I was thinking since this would be after the stories that Beast might have broken the curse but still be able to access his beastly side and transform, sort of like a werewolf.  Though I really do lean towards Li Shang I'm thinking.
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

Kerri

I'm still interested, and I would much more prefer a non-beastly beast if I play Belle. I assumed it would be after his change, and also thought it would be something perhaps he could use at will, a shifter of sorts, perhaps?

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Ayahka

Ever read the comic "Fables"? It's all about fairy tale characters having left their homelands and escaped to our world because of a conquering Dark Lord called "the Adversary." In this comic, the Beast is the sheriff and primary law enforcer of their community, and has been given control over his curse  so that he can shift between human and beast form at will, using his beast form when he needs the super-strength of the Beast... or just needs to be a little more physically intimidating. That sounds like a brilliant solution for this play.

TeacupTwink

Quote from: Kerri on December 01, 2013, 12:55:14 PM
I'm still interested, and I would much more prefer a non-beastly beast if I play Belle. I assumed it would be after his change, and also thought it would be something perhaps he could use at will, a shifter of sorts, perhaps?

If not, watch some of the Princesses swap Princes.  Lol or something hilarious like Beast & Peter Pan hooking up.

Kerri

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Crimson Caine

I have not read Fables yet but I have seen some of the stuff out there about it, it's on my 'to get and read' list as I've just started to pick up some comic that are collection of issues and read through them, starting with the older stuff.  I may have to pick it up here soon though as my mind seems to be hung up on the whole fairy tales and such lately. 

But I am really liking the idea of a Beast that is able to transform back into his cursed form.  I guess there is some controversy if he's named Adam or not from reading the Disney Wiki as well.

I suddenly got the strange idea of Beast and Tinkerbell in my head.  Thanks for that. ;D

The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

Ember Star

Bunch of sexy warrior princesses who want to be queen? I see lesbian action happening.

NSFW

Ayahka