D&D Planar Battles(3.5 D&D Battles Interest Check)

Started by swordwind, October 18, 2011, 12:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordwind

D&D Planar Battle Ground

Greetings Elliquians once again. I've roamed slightly and seen somethat that is lacking here. A simple kill everyone game. Which is what this is. You the player will create a DnD character who was taken from his planar home, you get to pick it and forced into a planar battle arena. To fight for the right to return to your home plane. The rules are simple. Kill or be Killed by your fellow Elliquians. You will die or you will live. The choice is yours.

Resting at the inn, in a cave, upon a mountain, under the sea, within the molten seas of the underground. You see a rift appear and envople you in a blinding light. As your senses fade from your mind you feel your moving. Then the light vanishes and around you see a mixture of beings from lands unknown. Each of them armed in their own aresonal of weapons. Each holding the same look upon them that you yourself feel. Then you hear it.

"Welcome one and all to the main event, before you stand the chosen few. The warriors from planes unknown come here for one reason and one reason alone. To battle one another to the death to show the strength and skill of their plane. Who will be standing at the end? Only time will tell. Let us not tally. Let the battles began..."

Now I know a number of people get attached to your characters that you make and I want that but in roleplaying characters die. Understand that and this game will be more enjoyable. Also this will not be, character 1 behind gate 2 is unleashed and kills character 2 behind gate one. Oh no. This will be characters fighting one another on the planes. Terrian, skills, feats, will all play a role, not blind power. Anything and everything can happen upon the planes, only you decide if you live or die. The battles begin as soon as I see some interest and characters.

Once the game begins you have a period of 2 days to post your reply or you will start to lose hp. The longer it takes you to post the more HP you will lose each day after 2, reach zero and your dead. Winners advance to the next round. 

Questions?

EDIT: After a bit of reflection I see that some more information is needed for everyone here. First and formost this is a battle arena. Now normally that means you will fight another player to the death. Now the road to that result is up to you. How you would like to kill said player is totally up to you once you get placed into the battle ground. Poison, traps, spells, fast talk, rape, or a good old backstab, the course is yours. A great deal is left up to you in regards to killing your opponent.

Character Creation:

You are 12th level. (Average HP for the character class or LA Max 1st level)
You have 88,000 gold
You can use any book or race (no pathfinder materials) do not attempt to god mode(unless you want to win without a challenge)
You will use the Elite Array for ability scores.

Name:
Background:

Character Sheet

Sidenote:

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123586.0
Game: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123291.0

RabbitJanitor

I am interested for sure. Ill be making up a CS soon.

swordwind

Thanks for the interest, I do believe I need need a re-work of this intro as a number of people have viewed it but only you sir have been interested, atm of course. So thanks again and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

PaleEnchantress

So it's just make a character and kill or be killed?
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

swordwind

Well at it's roots yes. But I would like it to develop into your character being forced into this situation and killing your enemy. Which is your fellow players.

Medical Miracle

So this game would be going in the extreme section?

swordwind

PaleEnchantress

I would like to play, i'll add that im personally only interested in MxM or maybe MxF for a non con scene with my character.

ZameRagues

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9648]Breeze Fastwind
One Character here, if this is gonna go through.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

swordwind

Well the sheet looks alright, but you didn't fill out any of the character background. Not wanting just a filled out character sheet.

Medical Miracle

Well, I might be interested. Depends on how busy I get. :P

PaleEnchantress

Just not sure what the point is. Most interaction will be swiftly ended. Relationships, character development, even writing a background seems rather pointless. If you die you cant do anything, and if the other players die then you have no one to play with.

swordwind

The point is your character and the situation that they are in. Now if you think all that is, is rolling dice then that's ok. But a character without a background has no point in playing in any game at all. Character development takes place as soon as the game starts, you may view the fight as pointless but if you don't make a character and try it out then how will you know without trying? Now if your not interested in the game then that's ok. I just want people to come in with a character, create them and I'll place them within the battle field. If you win your fight then you advance. Time between fights you can meet other characters. If you die you can always make a new one.

Zaer Darkwail

So it is PC vs PC? Also it is always a death match and not match until someone yields and is put on audience vote to decide does person die or not (like in roman gladiator matches).

So are you trying mix in RP with arena game where chars do permanently die in arena? It's not going to cut a long run for most peeps. The RP is ok in arena game if char survives (may it be via true resurrection from lost match which is freely granted and quite possible if arena holder is epic level char). But if in every arena match char has chance to die permanently it scares people off.

It's ok to die in arena game permanently if the stakes are high enough and battle is something unique like 'fight for freedom' or 'fight for championship final rounds'. Just my thoughts.

swordwind

Well if the desire to keep said character alive that would have to be up to the person they are fighting. Yielding could take place but it would be up to the player not myself as a GM, so living or dieing is up to you the players. Mind you everyone will not live. As characters can die to posting delays, without forewarning. Also the arena's themselves will add a few perks as the matches go forwards.

PaleEnchantress

Would it be okay for me to reflavor a class a bit? Im not asking to change anything mechanical, just the fluff aspects of the prerequisites. The prestige class in question is Hathran, and id like to have the gender, alignment, and deity restrictions waved. (As well as the gender requirement for the ethran feat that's a prereq for the class). Would that be alright? Since the campaign is planar and not faerun based i'd even say taking those away makes the class fit in better with the game.

swordwind

Sure I can have that waived for this game. Create away

Medical Miracle

O.k. I think I can safely say I can commit to this, I've started making a character. I'll PM you the details latter.

swordwind

Thank you, aftera bit of review I'll need at least 4 people to get the game running. People that wish to join after that can do so upon a chracter being created

RabbitJanitor

Zaer Darkwail

RabbitJanitor; How you are both mindflayer and figther 7/soul eater 5? Mindflayers got what, 8 HD as aberrations and then +7 LA?

Anyways thinking something wicked, but I ask our GM does he allows weapons of legacy, or rather create a legacy creature despite it reads usually such chars are not suitable for PC chars (there is no LA but I guess stat penalties for having legacy balances them out).

Medical Miracle

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 25, 2011, 03:49:49 PM
RabbitJanitor; How you are both mindflayer and figther 7/soul eater 5? Mindflayers got what, 8 HD as aberrations and then +7 LA?
Well you can opt out of racial hit dice, but ya. There's still a +7 LA no matter which way you slice it.

RabbitJanitor

I didn't see the level adjustment on the race, but yea, i amused there was one half way through making the character. Ill go and edit my entry.

swordwind

Ok I'll clarify something here, anything broken, as in down right broken, which exists in 3.5. I'll take personal pleasure in making their characters life a living hell. On another note thanks for the assistance, work can get in the way of watching character updates.