"Not approved yet"?

Started by Levicus, March 24, 2009, 03:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levicus

I can do everything approved members normally can, but for some reason my PM notification bar asserts when I have zero messages that I am not approved yet.  ???

Trieste

I just went ahead and tried setting you to another member group and setting you back; checked all your permissions to make sure they're properly set and they are.

Try again?

Levicus

That was prompt! I appreciate that. However, the message is still there. "Hello Levicus, you have no messages, perhaps because you are not approved yet?" It's odd. It doesn't seem to be restricting any of what I can view or do, so it's probably harmless, but I am concerned as to whether or not it may have other less apparent effects.

Maeven

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Levicus

As before, it says I have my "first message! You should read it!" After I read/delete such a message, it goes back to telling me I'm not approved.

Trieste

Errrrr.

*tests out with her fingerpuppet*

Trieste

I see what you're referring to.

"Hello TriesteRules, you have no messages, perhaps because you are not approved yet?"

I chalk it up to poor wording; you're approved.

Maeven

Maybe it auto-defaults to the newbie-nagging when you have zero messages?

EDIT: yeah what she said.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Levicus

Ohhh, got it. So "perhaps" really DOES mean just "perhaps" then? I had interpreted it to mean "You're not approved, so perhaps this is why you have no messages." I see what you mean now, though. Thanks very much for getting right on top of this!

Trieste

jouzinka

It appears everytime you have no messages - even when you have a thousand PMs before erasing them all, it appears again, 'cause it's sort of written that way in the code, as in...

IF

Personal messages = 0

=> display:

Hello <nickname>, you have no messages, perhaps because you are not approved yet?

regardless of your actual approval status. :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Vekseid

Chalk it up to me being silly. Some people insist on deleting their pms and I'd forgotten that, am going to be fixing : )

Dakota

Quote from: Vekseid on March 24, 2009, 04:15:23 PM
Chalk it up to me being silly. Some people insist on deleting their pms and I'd forgotten that, am going to be fixing : )

if you are interested I have some modified coding for the smf script,