[Pathfinder RPG - Dragonlance] Dawn of the Gods (looking for players)

Started by Andi, December 30, 2009, 02:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calista Jade

As of Feb 28th : Work is kicking my ass! I will post this weekend!!!

Ons and Offs

Thorne

*offers Calista her choice of suitable paddles* ^.~

'Current' world info in a nutshell: 300 years ago, one man tried to force the Gods to make /him/ a God. They said the holy equivalent of 'Bad Mortal! No cookie!' and dropped a mountain on him. While they were at it, they also removed divine magic, and took their faithful followers to safety. So, while there /are/ people who claim to be clerics, divine healing and other such miracles have been lost for a VERY long time, and healers are using herbs and bandages to do their work - all the while quietly cussing the Gods.
No one; not the humans, not the elves, not the dwarves - or gnomes, kender or anybody /else/ - has any divine healing anymore, and they're all pretty much blaming each other for losing it. Krynn is war-torn, and kind of miserable at present time.
In short, any class that would usually have divine magic (clerics, paladins, druids, bards) would not have it until the return of the Gods.

If I recall rightly, available races include humans, elves (Qualinesti, Silvanesti... Kagonesti?), half elves, dwarves (hill), gnomes (tinker), and ...*cough*kender*cough*. I think half ogres and minotaur are also technically available, but don't quote me on that. >.>

Did I miss any?
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Brandon

I know Krynn was created before the idea of Philosopher clerics entered D&D but my question is would they also be applied to the lack of divine spellcasting power?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Andi

Races: I think Thorne has it covered. Technically, half-kender are also possible.
Classes: Clerics, sorcerers and bards do not exist at all. In the case of Clerics, the Gods are withholding their power. Note that that does not mean people do not claim to speak for the gods, or might even wear the trappings of the class - but noone, for three hundred years, has been known to perform the miracles the priesthood was known for, and in fact, even the names of the old gods have mostly been forgotten. In Caergoth, and most of Solamnia, at least some lip service is still paid to the Kingfisher (Habbakuk, god of persistence, the good god of nature), Kiri-Jolith (the good god of battle, specifically, justice, heroism and courage) and Paladine, the lord of the good gods, but that is mostly due to the strong chivalric tradition of the area and much of the original liturgy has been lost. Again, no divine magic has been granted to mortals for centuries.
As for clerics of philosophies, on Krynn, even those are granted power by the gods - or possibly, by one specific god (the nameless High God) - and they also have lost access to their mysteries. The divine blackout is absolute.

Brandon

Three hundred years and the gods still have influence in the world? That seems at best far fetched to me. I dunno, I think Im gonna step out. The game seems like its been gutted for no good reason lacking divine spellcasters of any kind and bards and sorcerers. I normally support all pathfinder games but this just doesnt seem like Pathfinder to me with so much stuff cut out

Good luck with the game
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Callie Del Noire

Was interested at the Pathfinder bit.. then nearly ran screaming at the Kyrnn thing..

Dragon's of Dreams killed DL for me.

Thorne

In theory, one of the things the group will be looking into is regaining faith in the Gods, and regaining their gift of divine healing. Or something like that. >.>

Pre-War of the Lance. *nodnodnod*

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Brandon

but after 300 years Divine power is just going to be a myth as well as the gods themselves. I could see 20, 50, maybe even 100 years but 300 just is to large of a time span to me

Andi

Andi

Dragons of Dreams is what? I personally have not been following Krynn since Legends - the Fifth Age collectible card game and the Age of Mortals are not something I was or am terribly interested in. Yes, I know, I need to get with the times... that's why I'm playing Pathfinder and not 4e ;)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Andi on December 30, 2009, 10:47:40 PM
Dragons of Dreams is what? I personally have not been following Krynn since Legends - the Fifth Age collectible card game and the Age of Mortals are not something I was or am terribly interested in. Yes, I know, I need to get with the times... that's why I'm playing Pathfinder and not 4e ;)
It was like the fifth Dragon Lance module. Damn near killed me to run it.. MULTIBLE dream versions of the players.. majorly hectic

Andi

Ah, THAT. Yes, I remember this. I was 13 or 14 when I tried to run that one...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Andi on December 30, 2009, 10:51:08 PM
Ah, THAT. Yes, I remember this. I was 13 or 14 when I tried to run that one...

I was a bit older.. we (the group) set fire to it when we were done and I was banned from doing anymore DL modules.

Andi

A fitting fate for THAT module. I disapprove of the burning of books as a matter of principle, but that one tempts me to make an exception.

Thorne

For the record - this is my contribution:

Lorraine 'Raine' Flamewarden.
Solamnian drifter

Class: Fighter (Level 1)
Race: Human (Solamnic)

Description:
   The tall, broad-shouldered figure wears what appears to be plate, under a hooded cloak. The hilt of a sword is visible, barely, and a shield is slung casually over one shoulder. The figure sits the back of a shaggy bay horse with an ease that suggests it's as comfortable on horseback as on the ground.
   Removing the cloak, helm and scarf reveals a tall, broad-shouldered young woman with stern features. Black eyes, black hair and a warm complexion - just shy of tanned. Mannish, some would say, although her features are even, even attractive, her direct gaze, thin lips and strong jaw aren't terribly feminine. The hair is generally braided, and the thick braid brushes the backs of her thighs when let down - Lorraine's hair is probably her best feature.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Kate

wanna be a renegate perverted sorcreress dragon...

if that is too complex or unsuitable i may pull out ...

Ixy

Hi all,

I've sent an interest message, and-- should I be accepted-- am interested in playing a barbarian, rogue, or fighter.  It might be nice to discuss background options, if anybody wants to establish a prior character history.  Once I have a character set (again, pending acceptance), I'll post a synopsis.

Hope this works out :)

Remec

Hey there, if you still have openings among your group, I would like to join. I am interested in playing a Seeker (ie one of the people who call themselves clerics, but lack the actual divine magic of the class). When, if, the gods return during our game, then I will just acquire the powers at that point just like many people in the original storyline did.

8-)

Andi

Interest after all! *rubs hands and prepares the hobgoblin cooking fires* Welcome, welcome, hereinspaziert, hereinspaziert, entrare, entrare! Ixy, Remec, I've sent you three stat sets to pick from for your characters. Feel free to pepper me with questions here or in PM as needed. I will start threads to play and for OOC, probably in the NC-E area (to be safe... one never knows if someone gets careless with Charm Person and ambiguous orders around hobgoblins...), once I have character sheets from you all. Also, if you have questions, feel free to poke me.

NOTE: I am still open to further candidates - my target number is 4 - 6 players. So far, I have been offered a fighter, with a barbarian and a heathen cleric (seeker?) in the works, and Ixy having offered a selection of martial character types.

Thorne

Quote from: Andi on January 09, 2010, 12:36:55 PM
I will start threads to play and for OOC, probably in the NC-E area (to be safe... one never knows if someone gets careless with Charm Person and ambiguous orders around hobgoblins...).

.... that only happened /once/!

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Andi

OOC thread is here.

Yes, this only happened once, and I suppose it /CAN/ be discounted here (for lack of a wizard...) At the same time, if someone /does/ wish to offer me a wizard (preferably female, for parity), I do have one slot left open. If I have to introduce Solana, you will regret it... I think. ;)

Thorne

Which ... just leaves all the other ways for us to get our tails in a sling... ^^;

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Andi

Lyell

If the wizard slot is still open and you don't mind the player not matching character gender, I might be able to ward off Solana. On a totally unrelated (*cough* yeah right) note, does the game have its kender?
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Andi

On the first, why don't you introduce yourself in the OOC thread and see what my players think? I am personally not bothered in the slightest, but I am not willing to speak for everyone else. On the second, no, that cup has passed me by.