News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

US Capitol on Lock Down

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, October 03, 2013, 01:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

QuoteThe United States Capitol was placed on lockdown Thursday afternoon after shots were fired in the vicinity of the chamber. At least one Capitol Police officer was injured, officials said

The FBI was responding to the scene, and a helicopter landed in front of the Capitol. A message from the Capitol Police ordered anyone in a House office to "shelter in place."

"Close, lock and stay away from external doors and windows," the message said.

The House recessed, and the Senate went into a quorum call — dispensing momentarily with its official business — shortly thereafter.

Source here.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

gaggedLouise

NBC and other networks are saying a female driver rammed the White House gates with a car, then drove up to the Capitol, got out there and fired several shots before being shot herself (by the police or security folks, likely). This isn't confirmed by the police yet, but it is reported by a couple of tv news networks.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: gaggedLouise on October 03, 2013, 02:28:02 PM
NBC and other networks are saying a female driver rammed the White House gates with a car, then drove up to the Capitol, got out there and fired several shots before being shot herself (by the police or security folks, likely). This isn't confirmed by the police yet, but it is reported by a couple of tv news networks.

Suspect in custody, say police
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Dashenka

QuoteThe suspect — who had a child in the car — was shot,

What a pathetic waste of oxygen that woman is. Getting yourself shot in front of a child. Bravo. Selfish b*tch. Is she dead?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Dashenka on October 03, 2013, 02:43:24 PM
What a pathetic waste of oxygen that woman is. Getting yourself shot in front of a child. Bravo. Selfish b*tch. Is she dead?

Don't know yet. Police haven't released her condition.

TheGlyphstone

Uh...didn't the article you just linked say 'shot and killed'?

Dashenka

It does now. Must have been updated.

Bloodied Porcelain

A lot of news sites update existing pages instead of releasing new ones, so it's hard to keep track. =/

Dashenka

Here's to hoping the child wasn't hers or has a father to go to.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Dashenka on October 03, 2013, 02:43:24 PM

I'm reserving comment till more of the story comes out. This is a desperate time for some folks. That can tear a person to pieces and drive folks to wild actions.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 03, 2013, 03:17:29 PM
I'm reserving comment till more of the story comes out. This is a desperate time for some folks. That can tear a person to pieces and drive folks to wild actions.

+1

That being said... all I can think about is how terrified that baby must have been after the crash and everything. Poor thing. :(

Silver

+2

Yes we do not know, it might have been mental illness for all we know. It's not right to judge until all of the facts are had.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Dashenka

Without the child in the car... yes.

Why bring a child when you're doing something like this?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Dashenka on October 03, 2013, 03:21:44 PM
Without the child in the car... yes.

Why bring a child when you're doing something like this?

Maybe she was a single parent who didn't have anywhere to leave the child? Maybe everything was fine but the child's crying pushed her to a breaking point? There's no way of knowing what was happening in her life at this point so we shouldn't be drawing too many conclusions.

gaggedLouise

Told the OP in a pm twenty minutes ago, I'm somewhat surprised this kind of thing hasn't been happening in some crisis-stricken countries in Europe. Yes, there are a lot fewer guns over here but the despair and anger in some places are every bit as deep. And in Norway (which is not touched by the crisis) you essentially only needed one man with guns to have some heinous acts committed.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

Many murder/suicides that involve children (and let's face it, shooting up a government building is essentially 'suicide by cop') also involve a parent who believes that they and the child are better off dead than in whatever situation has driven the parent to the breaking point.  I doubt she believed that either of them would survive.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ebb

It seems that the woman used her car as a weapon but was otherwise unarmed. The only shots fired were by the police.

The woman is dead, her one year old child is alive and apparently well. One police officer suffered minor injuries.