Modern Town Gets Sucked into Fantasy World. (Likely Freeform.) (Need Males)

Started by Vergil1989, September 29, 2012, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 05, 2012, 02:10:39 PM
I don't see a problem with that Curvy.  And I'd say around oh, early spring if not early summer.  Either way it'd be past winter so the weather would be nice if nothing else.  :D  As for the fantasy races, yes a class is necessary for everyone since most fantasy people can be classified as being something or another.  It helps to dictate what you're good at and what you're not on top of whatever else you throw into the mix along the way.  Rogues are normally thieves, able to lockpick and sneak about either through the use of acrobatics or blending into a crowd at will.  Clerics are generally healers but also good at taking out undead at will, etc etc you get the idea lol.  As for level, I'd have to look at my DnD stuff to be sure but I think level six is high enough for any specialty classes you wish to throw along with your main stuff so anywhere between 5 and 10 at the highest I'd wager but again Jecter might say differently.  He's supposed to be free sometime today and the weekend I'd imagine so we'll be starting this soon enough I'm sure.

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 05, 2012, 02:10:39 PM
I don't see a problem with that Curvy.  And I'd say around oh, early spring if not early summer.  Either way it'd be past winter so the weather would be nice if nothing else.  :D  As for the fantasy races, yes a class is necessary for everyone since most fantasy people can be classified as being something or another.  It helps to dictate what you're good at and what you're not on top of whatever else you throw into the mix along the way.  Rogues are normally thieves, able to lockpick and sneak about either through the use of acrobatics or blending into a crowd at will.  Clerics are generally healers but also good at taking out undead at will, etc etc you get the idea lol.  As for level, I'd have to look at my DnD stuff to be sure but I think level six is high enough for any specialty classes you wish to throw along with your main stuff so anywhere between 5 and 10 at the highest I'd wager but again Jecter might say differently.  He's supposed to be free sometime today and the weekend I'd imagine so we'll be starting this soon enough I'm sure.

My character background put the town at late summer/early fall just before college fall term would start.  I can re-write the character if needed, but it's important to her skills and equipment and thought it worth mentioning.

And do we still have Jecter?  He hasn't posted in a while.

Vergil1989

Ah crap, sorry Yes, and I'm hoping so but I'm not sure since I haven't heard anything from him either for a while through PMs.  He is pretty busy so it's probably safe to assume that if this doesn't start by Sunday then he won't be coming along.  If that happens then I'll take over until a suitable replacement can be found.  Half tempted just to take over now and say screw it since I'm practically running this anyway lol.  Joking aside, sorry for the inconvenience bud.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

yesiroleplay

So should I re-write her background?
It's not that big a deal either way.

Anon315

Quote from: Chreestafer on October 05, 2012, 02:36:09 PM
So where's said town located? Any where near the ocean (I.e. Virginia beach or something) cause then I can have other to where the naval base is near the town which I live in. Any objections?

If we're anywhere in a coastal vicinity I can give you a base to base out of. I traveled the entire world save Antarctica in my time in service.

TheHangedOne

I think a Fall game would be nice. Gives people something to worry about: The approaching Winter.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

CurvyKitten

Basic Attributes

* Given Name: Elisabeth Alice Rockwell

* Nicknames:Lizzy, BB, Rockcy

* Appearance:

Appearance:

Measurements: 36D-24-36
- Height: 5' 9''
- Weight:135 Lbs.
- Hair Color/Style: Brown straight with layers
- Eye Color: Blue
- Makeup: none
- Clothing: Wearing when the city poofs, more in her rucksack.
- Jewelry: Her dad's dog-tags on a chain with a celtic cross

* Race: Human

* Physical Abilities/Limitations:

Lizzy is in the prime of her life, her body well trained after years of being an adventure junkie. Her grandfather insisting she take something to stay active. Lizzy took on gymnastics and marksmenship. Granted marksmenship was more due to her father. Her father teaching her to fight while he was still alive. As he wasn't going to have a daughter that could defend herself or kick some pushy guys ass. One of her main limitations is the fact that and accident that happened 8 years ago messed up her nerves. She can no longer feel pain, and where as most would see that as a plus. Elisabeth has to be careful, really checking on things when she gets hurt. Or checking over her body at the end of one of her outings. Because she doesn't know or can't feel when her body has been pushed too far. Can't feel that random cut that could get infected.(which has happened and put her in the hospital once.)  She is also limited to human strength, she may be at the peak of her ability but she can still be out-benched. Limited to low light vision, unable to see in the dark.

Personality;

Elisabeth was always an open child, never afraid of anything. She was the girl climbing to the top of the tree, or chase after spiders and lizards. Ever the tom boy she grew up being the girl not afraid to get dirty. Growing up with only her dad probably contributed to the way she is. But she wouldn't change it for anything in the world. It may not have been normal but who likes normal anyway. She embraces life every chance she gets, learning early on that it is far too short to stand by and watch it pass you by. One of her favorite sayings is “Don't regret the things that make you smile”. When she wants something she goes for it. Elisabeth doesn't hold a grudge, and for the most part is rather laid back. But when she does get pissed, look out she is a force to get recoded with. But then again what woman isn't.

Background;
Elisabeth was born to Anthony Rockwell and Sara Rockwell. Her mother a lovely Italian woman from a well off family, that had run off with Anthony and was disowned by her family. But she didn't care as she was young and in love. Her father an up and coming military man. Part of the army, it was his stationing that had him meeting Sara in the first place.

Her mother died during child birth, a sad loss for the man she left behind. But he ended up with a beautiful baby girl that he loved very much. But he wasn't really your typical father. He had no idea how to raise a girl, so he did the best he could. But thankfully he wasn't alone; where ever he was stationed the base just about took them both in. She was their smallest and loudest cheerleader. Anthony didn't know how bad it was that his five year old daughter knew how to take apart and put together some of the army rifles better the newbie’s. But he loved watching them get frustrated sitting trying to field strip their weapon and Lizzy was telling them everything they were doing wrong. She was allowed nearly everywhere  when she was little. As she wasn't really a security risk because she couldn't see over the counters.

As she grew up she was still a fan of the military, always fallowing her father where ever he went. He let her learn whatever she wanted, which was sometimes not the best thing. Learning everything form, the proper spit ball, how to build a canon, break into a car, and bluff in a poker game. But he also insisted on her learning how to defend herself. Hard to mess with a girl that learned to fight from a military prospective. Granted in the end her father always said if you end up in a fight you can't avoid fight to win.

For the most part they were happy, it sucked having to move so much. But she looked on the bright side and enjoyed getting to see the world. Learning about things most kids didn't even get to imagine till they saw it on TV. She couldn't complain about anything that was till the day her dad died. The horrible accident that put her in the hospital and took him from her was when her life turned upside down. She had just turned 15 and her dad and her were celebrating by taking her to a party that the whole platoon had set up. It was great she even got to sneak a drink because of her dad's brother Mike. She thought it was an amazing day, despite the sudden thunder storm that hit. Having to run in the rain didn't both her.

But on the way home a drunk driver coming down the other side of the street. Hitting their car and sending it flying. When she came to once more the car was upside down. Her father's voice telling her to stay awake, not to panic and that help was one the way. At least she swore that it was, even with the medics saying he died on impact. She was stuck in the hospital for months, her spin was damaged. Thankfully not completely severed, so she didn't have to learn to walk all over again. But after she was no longer able to feel. For about two years she was completely without sensation. In the end that came back but her ability to feel pain never did.

After the accident her grandparents came into the picture. Her uncle tried to fight for custody, to keep her from having to deal with what her mother did. They didn't want anything to do with her before why would they want anything to do with her now? But after a long legal battle her mother’s family with more money won out. Taking her in and changing her way of life completely. Forcing her to do and be what they wanted. Taking on more classes, and things they thought were more appropriate for a lady. Dancing, gymnastics, manners and even music. She managed to get them to agree to marksmanship since she found several female athletes within the sport.

Once she was 19 they agreed to give a year to travel and see the world. But after a year she would either have to go to find a real career or go back to a school of their choosing. Thankfully with all her travels she found something that not only made her happy, it made her a decent amount of money. She became a writer and photographer, having a book on her travels published before she was 20. And a deal for two more in the works.

This is what randomly found her in the town she was one it. She came in and stayed in town for a few days. After that she wondered the woods and went to climb so of the local ridges and see what kind of shots she could get. Nearly a week out and about camping in the woods now she had now idea what was to come next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Socioeconomic Class/Standing

* Class: was middle class but due to her grandparents she is now High class

* Religion: Undefined

* Place of Birth: Tirrenia, Italy near Camp Darby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventory
;  Since she was camping and rock climbing the day the town was taken.
Army backpack and rack, tent, Extra stakes, small ax, Sleeping bag, small pillow, cooking utensils, rations, rope, climbing gear, flint and steel, soap, towel, changes of clothes, can opener, extensive first aid kit, satellite phone turned off but on her just in case, compass, map, rain gear, cold weather clothes just in case, toothbrush, toothpaste, sunblock, lantern, fishing rod, mp3 player, Binoculars, canteen, small fold-able shovel, camera,film, large hunting knife, skinning knife, brush, wallet,

* Weapons: Large hunting knife, small axe,skinning knife,

* Misc;
Her dad's dog-tags on a chain with a celtic cross, an old 35 mm camera, film,

CurvyKitten

Vergil1989

Beautifully done Curvy, and I'll take a wild guess here and say that she's kind of a mix between your standard archer and a fighter of sorts given her military upbringing, mixing the best of both you might say lol.  I'm talking about the whole class thing as far as if you prefer DnD terms that almost everyone here seems to forget.  Something to work towards if given the chance.  Ammo won't last forever after all.  Besides that, you don't want to try to punch someone wearing adamantite armor since you're likely to break every bone in your hand and it's potentially bullet proof probably if I had to take a guess.  While I wouldn't expect such a tough armor to pop up the idea is the same.  Fantasy world means different rules of engagement in certain situations.  Adapting is the key to this whole affair, but that works both ways.

Anyway, Hanged actually makes an excellent point so we'll stick with fall so you won't have to rewrite anything Yes.  As for the naval base idea, I just got done watching Battleship so color me intrigued lol.  I did have a town lined up and sent to Jecter for approval but I've yet to hear a yeah or a no on it so if anyone knows of any towns or small cities or whatever that might work feel free to make some suggestions at this point.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

CurvyKitten

Thank you, yeah she would fighter/ranger type. I was gonna have end up going for a bow possibly. The fantasy one I'm working on is a rouge shadow dancer not sure what race just yet.

yesiroleplay

Nice pics Curvy - Louise Cliffe is lovely.  I used one of the pics you posted as my avatar here on E! for the several years.

CurvyKitten

yesiroleplay

Not to nitpick.  Well, I guess completely to nitpick... 

Marksmanship is one word.

Vergil1989

Lol I'm too nice to nitpick usually but I noticed that as well.  :P  Anyway, I might just start getting threads going tomorrow afternoon if I don't hear from Jecter by then.  That way we won't have to wait around forever.  I'd still like someone else to run this game but I'd still Co-GM if nothing else but until then and if Jecter isn't able to help out then I'll do what I can.  Adios and see ya tomorrow.  I got a new game or two I want to try out before I pass out tonight lol.

CurvyKitten

My bad sorry, I actually only did that accidentally once in the whole post. My bad...any other issues?

yesiroleplay

I like the idea of (The Town) being a smallish place, though perhaps near a small city or at the very outlying fringe of a metropolitan area. A town of about a 1,000 souls or so, with wooded hills and farmland just out of town.

And if whatever cut them off from the modern world was some form of spherical volume or 'bubble' effect, maybe the whole town didn't make it.  Streets, sewer, water, and gas lines cut of at the edge of the effect, even houses and vehicles and NPCs cut off with one part left behind while the other part moved.

The modern townsfolk might even spend the whole first chapter of the story/game dealing with the chaos and disruption of the move - a cut utility trunk could spew out flammable gas that ignites from sputtering electrical shorts - cars could run off the street into fields, or even over cliffs or into walls that weren't there a moment ago...

Lots and lots could happen before people really have a chance to explore the wider New World.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: CurvyKitten on October 05, 2012, 08:47:41 PM
My bad sorry, I actually only did that accidentally once in the whole post. My bad...any other issues?
It was more like every time - at least four times.  One of them is still there. It's marksmanship - not marksmenship - maybe the plural misspelling defeated your search-n-replace.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 05, 2012, 08:54:51 PM
It was more like every time - at least four times.  One of them is still there. It's marksmanship - not marksmenship - maybe the plural misspelling defeated your search-n-replace.

ok...done?

yesiroleplay

Looks okay to me.  Sorry for the confrontational approach, but I wouldn't have said anything if weren't for the multiple occurrences.
It wasn't really that important in the first place.

Again, sorry

TheHangedOne

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 05, 2012, 08:54:09 PM
I like the idea of (The Town) being a smallish place, though perhaps near a small city or at the very outlying fringe of a metropolitan area. A town of about a 1,000 souls or so, with wooded hills and farmland just out of town.

And if whatever cut them off from the modern world was some form of spherical volume or 'bubble' effect, maybe the whole town didn't make it.  Streets, sewer, water, and gas lines cut of at the edge of the effect, even houses and vehicles and NPCs cut off with one part left behind while the other part moved.

The modern townsfolk might even spend the whole first chapter of the story/game dealing with the chaos and disruption of the move - a cut utility trunk could spew out flammable gas that ignites from sputtering electrical shorts - cars could run off the street into fields, or even over cliffs or into walls that weren't there a moment ago...

Lots and lots could happen before people really have a chance to explore the wider New World.
I would like to second this idea. The potential for awesomeness is high.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Chreestafer

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 05, 2012, 05:06:41 PM
I think a Fall game would be nice. Gives people something to worry about: The approaching Winter.

thatll be helpful :) just trying to run with an idea that i liked but with little knowledge, once it is situated ill have a new updated background for you all :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Vergil1989

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 05, 2012, 08:54:09 PM

I'm glad to have such creative genius surround me on a regular basis here on E.  I'm with Hanged lol.  Ok, now we just need to settle on a means for this to happen but I had planned to have the 'teleportation' spell or whatever we agree upon do most of what you said here Yes, you just extended it into epic levels lol.  Just checking in once more before I pass out.  Adios for now and I'll get things going tomorrow, with or without Jecter, but hopefully with him since he did kindly offer to lend a hand at the very beginning and all.  But if RL has got him tied up then we might not have a choice.

thesleepyrobot

Just as a heads-up: I'll be out of town this weekend and may not be back online until Monday night or Tuesday morning. Feel free to get started without me, but just be aware I probably won't be able to contribute until the weekend has passed.

Take care.

maniac

maniac

Belisuavious

Ok, so I am free (sorta) to post now that opening weekend has been completed. I've had a read through of the thread and all the characters look good to me.

As for the manner of transportation, I'm going to say that it was magic. A spell was cast by an inexperienced mage and things sort of backlashed on him and ripped a hole through time and space itself. Of course, along with the town it also reaches into another plane of existence and drags something kind of nasty out along with it. I'll try and get as much of the setting and opening post up by early monday morning. In the meantime, I'll get a character thread and an OOC thread for people to have some fun in while you wait.

Edit:
Here's the links:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154175.new#new
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154173.0