RWBY Interest Check

Started by SweetRevenge, October 08, 2013, 09:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetRevenge

Hello. I am interested in playing part of a RWBY rp. There are many ideas lofting in my mind at the moment, both for groups as well as one on ones... Nevertheless, is there anyone else out there who would like to play as team-mates in a older version of RWBY (to fit in the age demands). This being said, we do not necessarily need to revolve around a school life, we are also able to be hunters and huntresses ourselves, battling creatures of grim and criminals alike in possible teams or random encounters.

For those who do not exactly know what RWBY is, it's a recent show hosted on Rooster Teeth which revolves around a school to train warriors to battle the creatures of grim, to be very brief.

Here's the first trailer to pique your interest

[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW2GmHB5xs[/url]

Now if that didn't do the job, there are 3 more trailers to go, which give an idea of the diversity of weapons and possibilities in our characters. I am open to many ideas and I really want to have fun with this one. So please, don't be shy to share your interest!

UPDATE

We've had enough interest that we've got a character profile up and soon an actual character profile thread. Here's the code

[float=left][img][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b] ]
[b]Eyes:[/b]

[u][b]Weapons[/b][/u]

MzHyde

Very nice. Monty Oum is always good.

Kaedia

Consider me interested. I've been searching for an RWBY inspired story for awhile. Depending on just how you want to play it I could be very, very interested.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Niki315

I'm interested.  I like the RWBY universe, and I might be helping a friend make a campaign for it anyway which would give me plenty of ideas for characters and weapons and things...

Baalborn87

Heck to the Yes!

I mean I'd like to express my interest  :-).

SweetRevenge

I knew you'd show up eventually, Baalborn X D Nevertheless, we seem to have enough interest to make at least a four-man team. Now to start planning this thing =D What would you guys prefer to move towards; older version of Beacon academy or be actual hunters and huntresses? With that info, we'll be able to decide if we make characters in learning or full-fledged. It'll also define what kind of plot ideas we're setting ourselves to go for. School life isn't the same as the day-to-day job, you know?  :P

TheHangedOne

I haven't actually seen anything but the trailers. I am interested, though. Will my lack of familiarity slow you guys down?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Baalborn87

All the episodes except the latest are on youtube On rooterteeth's channel.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Baalborn87 on October 09, 2013, 06:21:36 AM
All the episodes except the latest are on youtube On rooterteeth's channel.
Yup.  XD Gonna be watching them as soon as I get myself some breakfast.

Edit: I'm all caught up on 'em.
Check out my poet tree!

Moon Hound Hati

This looks interesting. I really like Monty Oum's over the top action style.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Angaroo

I'm interested in playing.  :-)

Chasseybaby

I see you have four lovely ladies for this rp, but i want to put my hand in, in case a spot opens up or something else ♥ Hey Hanged *hugs the upside down man* Just shoot me a pm anytime guys, Thanks ^^

MzHyde

Here's a prospective profile in progress...

Jacqueline Ravensdale
Name: Jacqueline Ravensdale
Alias: Jack The Ripper, Springheel Jack
Hair: Black
Eyes: Violet

Weapons
-Downpour: Jack's signature weapon is her umbrella. It begins with Jack herself having a solid foundation in Bartitsu, an eclectic and complex martial art that focuses on fighting with canes or umbrellas, the main point of which is to disturb an opponents equilibrium and keep them off balance with varied attacks. Jujitsu, Savate, and Boxing are all components of Bartitsu, allowing the user to fight at different ranges. Aside from incorporating her umbrella into various martial arts attacks, Jack's skill as a tinkerer and inventor has allowed her to modify it in a number of ways. After all, she wouldn't be in Beacon if she just went about bashing people with a stick, would she? The umbrella has a a re-enforced structure, making it extremely durable. The canopy is made from rare spider silk that is as strong as steel, impossibly light, and resistant to heat and corrosives. The tip of the umbrella hides a number of gadgets; a blade (Jack is also an accomplished fencer), a grappling hook, and is capable of discharging electric shocks. She can also grab opponents with the grappling hook and swing them around or electrocute them.

-Springheel Boots: Hidden in the heels of Jack's boots are two micro anti-gravity generators. When triggered, they fire up an extremely powerful anti-gravity field for a fraction of a second, allowing Jack to execute single, long-range jumps. Combining these with the grappling hook in her umbrella allows her to be an extremely agile opponent.

TheHangedOne

Hi, Chassey.  :-) Well, if two more show interest, there can be another team of four.
Check out my poet tree!

Chasseybaby

? Uh, okay ^^; Just let me know then

TheHangedOne

Well, going off of what Mz did:

Joshua Grosvenor

Name: Joshua Grosvenor
Alias: Josh, Cat-man, Monster
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green

Weapons
-Claws of the Beast:  Bone-like wristbands when dormant, they expand to fully encompass the hand in a sheathe of bony-substance that functions in some ways like the exoskeletons of Grimms.  Each of these gauntlets has five claws made of metal, designed to pierce armor, and his style of fighting is as brutal and hands on as one might expect. The claws can actually be fired off from the gauntlet, on chains, up to 20 feet away; they can also be retracted with the proper wrist-movement. The Claws are great for climbing trees and other natural obstacles as well. Additionally, they can be loaded with Dust canisters in order to imbue his attacks with elemental power.

-Aura Powers: Josh has a fairly robust aura, and while he typically uses it to 'tank' hits, he has also developed some interesting powers of his own. He is able to see well in the darkness (how much power he has to use corresponding to how dark it is; dusk/dawn is trivial, but no-light conditions require a lot of energy).  He's also shown an ability to mask his presence, though this is difficult for him, and seems almost incongruous for a man of his build.

Appearance: When the weather permits, he wears a fur cloak made from Ursa pelt. When not in battle, he typically wears his school uniform; however, his suit of armor works bones into it, creating a frightening and gruesome countenance. He's even been known to wear the skull of a large Beowulf, which has been carved out into a mask. Besides this clothing matter, Joshua is pretty big all over; 220 lbs, and six feet even.  His brown hair is kept short, and somewhat messy, an d he has a bushy, unkempt beard as well.
Check out my poet tree!

Dracorion

Well, I'd like to express my interest too, if you get enough people for a second team.

Saric

I am extremely interested and have an entire character already designed and ready to be posted at the first sign of an opening.

On a slightly related note I was intending, should I get in, on making my character a Faunus. I don't think that would cause any problems... but I don't know what kind of a plot you had in mind.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Callie Del Noire

ShadowFox89

Might have a couple of ideas kicking around.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

El Maligno

I like this idea send me a pm if this is still open

Chasseybaby

Quote from: El Maligno on October 12, 2013, 12:10:40 AM
I like this idea send me a pm if this is still open

^^ Are you stalking me? Jk El, hope we can make the cut x^^x *crosses fingers*

MzHyde

If SweetRevenge never comes back to this we can always have someone else take it over...

TheHangedOne

Yeah, I was thinking similarly... I'm not a leader though.
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

If I ran anything, it'd be a system game >.>

And I know there's a few here who don't like such games >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A