News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Carrion Crown, Chapter 1: The Haunting of Harrowstone

Started by Jeramiahh, April 03, 2011, 02:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShamshielDF

Celeste Devonshire

Celeste considers that for some time before nodding slightly.  "Shall we go and pester the old man, then, and see what he can tell us of the graveyard and any...goings on about town?"
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Myrleena

Lilial Ambersight

"I...would be surprised if the professor taught anyone that he thought might misuse his teachings, myself.  And as for the consecration...I believe you're right, now that I think on it.  Unfortunately, I was trained as a paladin...I don't remember the specifics of the priestly side of things as much." Lilial said, shrugging slightly, feeling a bit embarrassed.  She considered a moment and then asked. "But what might we ask the priest?  I'm afraid I've forgotten his name...Father...Grim-something, I think.  But what would we ask him?  Perhaps we could ask if we could check on this...cache of his, that the Professor mentioned?  Or look in the library for information on this Whispering Way there?  Then there are the questions as to why they chose here...or rather, he said they were near Harrowstone...might they have used that as a base of operations?  I don't know if the locals go near there at all."

Jeramiahh

"Ahh, father Grimburrow? Yes, I imagine he's in the temple... it's early evening, so he's likely preparing for the evening service, with the setting of the sun," Kendra explains. "And, no, people don't go to Harrowstone, any more. Not except for children on dares," she says, shaking her head. "But, I do agree, we should do something."
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

ShamshielDF

Celeste Devonshire

"I...do not know that further research will help us much at the moment.  It may help us to learn of what has happened in the past, but it will not help us much in regards to what is going on at the moment.  I am more concerned about now...what events have we not heard of?  What is going on at Harrowstone?  What is out there?  I think these are things that Father Grimburrow may be able to answer that the library cannot."

She nods, more to herself than anything.  "Let us repair to the temple, then, and see what we may find.  Though...perhaps it may be best overall if we did not mention the cache of supplies as of yet.  It may be that he is unaware of them or may become worried over outsiders knowledge of such existing."
Ons and offs!
A&A

Myrleena

Lilial Ambersight

"True enough.  Well, why don't we find out if there are any foresters or such who can tell us if anything is going on out in the woods first?  I mean...you'd think that someone would notice.  Otherwise, I don't know what else we can ask about, aside from what you've already suggested, Ms. Celeste."

Jeramiahh

Kendra nods at their discussions. "I can ask around, here in town, if anyone's seen anything unusual. I imagine they'll open up more to me than to outsiders. I can visit the tavern, and talk to some people I know well, while you two visit the temple?"
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

ShamshielDF

Celeste Devonshire

The dhampir nods slightly to Kendra's comment, "very well.  Lilial?  Shall we go and see what father Grimburrow has to say about these goings on?"  She gives a slight smile and picks up her travel gear once more, preparing to head out.
Ons and offs!
A&A

Myrleena

Lilial Ambersight

"Of course, Miss Celeste.  I do believe such would be a good idea, at least." Lilial replied, smiling slightly as she got to her feet and nodded, ready to follow Celeste to the temple.  Not that she was particularly happy about going to such a place, if she were to be perfectly honest.

Jeramiahh

Kendra nods, and departs herself, for the local tavern, to see if she can gather some information herself. The trip to the temple is fairly short, although the women will notice a lack of people in the streets. The only people they see, aside from a single man, hurrying along, quickly, ducking into a house after just a minute, is five little girls, playing jump rope. Nothing unusual, in and of itself... though the words of their song are more than a little... unsettling.

♪  ♪ ♫   Put her body on the bed.               
Take a knife and lop her head.

♬  Watch the blood come out the pipe.       
Feeds the stirge, so nice and ripe.  ♪

♩ Drops of red so sparkly bright.   
Splatters spell her name just right.   ♪

♫  With a hammer killed his wife.       
   Now he wants to claim your life.  ♩

Tricksy father tells a lie.
Listen close or you will die.      ♪  ♪ ♫