Thinking of running again: D&D, or Maid? [Humanoid Bondage/Consensual]

Started by kongming, August 01, 2011, 06:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKDBSD

Quote from: breathplay on August 06, 2011, 11:21:00 AM
I'm still here! Sorry, work has been really hectic because I had to fill in for my co-workers for the whole week. X| Please give me until early next week to get this done. Thanks!

I'm half interested is there a free source for the actual game?

kylie

Picked up the Maid rules for free online recently.  [ Edited.  Not absolutely sure if the original company owns the site below, or if it's technically illegal in the US to download the other, but fine. ]   Google something like "maid rpg rules download".  It should pop up.   

Or you can buy them online here for $7.  I did earlier.  Not sure where I put that copy, anymore.  :P

( Edited character to add Catgirl stuff.  With Milk.  Yummm. )

SomeGuy

Just a heads up, not sure if it's actually part of the rules or not, but you might want to take down the first link.

If anyone wants to look around for the rules for free I'm sure they might be able to find something.  ;)

Edit: It is in fact in the rules.

DKDBSD

Oh yeah I think he's right. How many maids have you got in this rp so far? This rp was mostly fantasy based right?

Matthew

Not aware of any legit free source of the rules... but the full PDF is actually available here for just $6, and you can redownload it later from there if you lose it. I'd consider it a worthwhile purchase, as this isn't the first Maid game I've seen being set up on the boards here, and likely won't be the last :P

ChaosLacky

Have you decided what sources would be allowed in your D&D game?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Matthew on August 06, 2011, 03:40:17 PM
Not aware of any legit free source of the rules... but the full PDF is actually available here for just $6, and you can redownload it later from there if you lose it. I'd consider it a worthwhile purchase, as this isn't the first Maid game I've seen being set up on the boards here, and likely won't be the last :P

I guess I just don't want to buy something that might go to waste. :/ even if it's cheap especially for me and the exchange rate.

Matthew

Completely understandable. I'm not sure how much we'll need the book once the game starts, but the character sheet itself is free to download (legitimately) off their website, you could perhaps have someone with the book help walk you through character creation and such.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Matthew on August 06, 2011, 04:17:19 PM
Completely understandable. I'm not sure how much we'll need the book once the game starts, but the character sheet itself is free to download (legitimately) off their website, you could perhaps have someone with the book help walk you through character creation and such.

Yeah the only other issue I have is I figure my character doesn't fit into this setting. She might do though I could throw together a random character. Erm infact I might use a different character and if I get a chance use my first choice as well. Or for a different session.

Matthew

Heh, well... to be honest, with Maid, it's best not to have an overly specific character in mind to start out with, the character creation is very much based on random chance, it's (at least in my opinion) better to roll things out then build a character around the framework you end up with.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Matthew on August 06, 2011, 04:20:03 PM
Heh, well... to be honest, with Maid, it's best not to have an overly specific character in mind to start out with, the character creation is very much based on random chance, it's (at least in my opinion) better to roll things out then build a character around the framework you end up with.

True enough but I like having an idea and trying to use my own existing characters is fun. > D

Kunoichi

Quote from: kongming on August 06, 2011, 10:12:05 AM
As for Iron Kingdoms, clearly there are a few people who will have to miss out. My method for player selection will be "which characters do I personally like the idea of?", which is totally biased and partial but let's face it:
A. The more I like the characters, the more I'll enjoy the game so the more effort I'll put into it
and B. The closer our tastes are, the more likely we'll mesh and you'll like the game anyway.

Ah.  In that case, I'm guessing I probably won't get in, since my character concept is a little out-there. ^^; I'll still submit it when the time comes, though, since I might be wrong.

kongming

Maid:
1. Yeah, there is still room
2. The book actually says "feel free to share/download via piracy, it's the best way people will know about us, then if you decide you like it, please purchase afterwards"
3. Yes, it's a fantasy setting
4. Breathplay, that's okay - just wanted to make sure people are still interested.

IK:
1. Kunoichi, go ahead and do so still
2. I generally accept any 3.0/3.5 sources (just run it by me first), even a few of the various third party ones. I strongly recommend using stuff from the link I provided, but it isn't a necessity.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Kunoichi

I'm actually hoping to use a piece of homebrew from a different source, to be honest. ^^; A Silver Dragon monster class, though as dragons in the Iron Kingdoms are all ravening monsters of incredible power, I'd need a good explanation for why my particular character is neither a ravening monster, nor incredibly powerful.

I'm pretty sure I've got one, along with a basic backstory, but since it all hinges on whether or not you'd allow a dragon in the first place, I'd like to hold off on those and give you a chance to examine the actual class first.  The creator of the class tried to balance things around Tier 3, which seems to be about the same power level that you're going for, so I don't think there'll be any balance issues...

fallensaviour

oh iron kingdoms is still on the table?

i'd like to play a gobber bodger, but what are rules for generation for ik?

SomeGuy

Well, I obviously can't speak for others but I only have one real concern, which is the change of SLAs and Domain spells to all ignore spell resistance. That doesn't really come into play fully until 18th level though.

TheGlyphstone

For IK, You said you prefer female characters...I don't really do cross-gender characters, so do I still have a chance of getting in?

Ershin

While any possible Iron Kingdoms game may not come about until after the Maid game has been set up, I was wondering if I may as if the Factotum class from Dungeonscape may be permitted, or if you'd prefer prospective players to only use material from the "Tome of Awesome" you linked in the opening post? Similarly, web-only material from WotC's site such as Wild Cohort or Font of Inspiration?

On the fluff side, would a player be permitted to use a Tiefling's stats (or Lesser Tiefling from... Races of Faerun, I think?) to play as a Satyxis? Depending on their life cycles (how long it takes to reach adulthood) I was considering playing one separated from her native culture from childhood, perhaps due to a shipwreck and raised by humans who would have found her washed up on the shore of Ord or Cygnar. Or would someone be more likely to kill one of their kind on sight?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Ershin on August 07, 2011, 09:45:52 AM
While any possible Iron Kingdoms game may not come about until after the Maid game has been set up, I was wondering if I may as if the Factotum class from Dungeonscape may be permitted, or if you'd prefer prospective players to only use material from the "Tome of Awesome" you linked in the opening post? Similarly, web-only material from WotC's site such as Wild Cohort or Font of Inspiration?

On the fluff side, would a player be permitted to use a Tiefling's stats (or Lesser Tiefling from... Races of Faerun, I think?) to play as a Satyxis? Depending on their life cycles (how long it takes to reach adulthood) I was considering playing one separated from her native culture from childhood, perhaps due to a shipwreck and raised by humans who would have found her washed up on the shore of Ord or Cygnar. Or would someone be more likely to kill one of their kind on sight?

The Tome races include a Tiefling, which is better than the Lesser Tiefling and still LA+0...

SomeGuy

So, I was just looking through the Tome and came across Puppeteer. The "Electric Bolt" ability currently does Fire damage, I'm assuming there's probably other small things like this scattered around. Should we just assume a logical fix and work with that then make a note of it in the thread, or should we ask about each?

e.g. Making a puppeteer character and coming across this should I wait for a clarification or make a note of it but continue on with it changed to electricity damage?

Kunoichi

Quote from: SomeGuy on August 07, 2011, 01:07:49 AM
Well, I obviously can't speak for others but I only have one real concern, which is the change of SLAs and Domain spells to all ignore spell resistance. That doesn't really come into play fully until 18th level though.

Well, to be fair, the only SLA that isn't already SR: No is Whirlwind, and the domains are only 1/day for each spell, so you're already better off selecting domains with long-lasting buffs and situationally-useful spells for those. ^^; Taking the Protection domain for things like Mind Blank and Antimagic Field, for example, or the Water domain for Water Breathing.  The actual attack spells on the domains aren't going to be used very often at all, compared to the different breath weapons, and since the latter of those are (Su) abilities...

SomeGuy

True, just anything that changes any spell to just outright ignore SR sets off warning bells.

Kunoichi

Yeah, I can understand that.  If the Silver Dragon class had access to something like the Spell domain, it'd definitely be time to be worried. :P

SomeGuy

Actually, speaking of Dragons there is one thing I've always wondered about with IK; why are the dragons so weak for their CR? The breath weapons are certainly more interesting and powerful but even those aren't really level appropriate and everything else... I mean, they do have some nifty new abilities but even with those it seems way off.