News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Myst would be easier to find," Cypher said. "I have friends in the Underground who, while they'd never openly admit it I'm sure keep in contact with him. The danger of going after Torrance, especially if he's still in the CIA, is we might get unwanted attention."

Haztur

"Yeah, but some of us are still CIA, so maybe there are more ways to approach than going after him... he might say a lot more just approached in the right way." said Claricie, usually she would have smilled and maybe wink, but right now she was more worried about learning the truth.

"Still finding this Myst will allow us at least find this kid of yours Riley."
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Exactly," Riley said. "He can hopefully find your borther and this kid. You sure you can find him though? He's made a career out of avoiding contact."

"I have my ways," Cypher replied. "The Underground has a way of being contacted in an emergency," he said, walking to the counter, leaning down, and picking up a phone that had been hidden out of sight." After a few minutes he came back with a piece of paper. "Riley, this is going to make you laugh, this is the last known location of Myst."

"You've got to be kidding me," Riley said as he read the address. "That's not even five blocks away from my apartment. Guess he thought it'd be the last place we'd look for him."

Haztur

Clarice looked a the address "either that or he was expecting you tos earch eventually and he decided to be sort of available... so should we go to search for him? or do you wan to go by yourself Riley and I begin investigating this Torrence-guy?"

Clarice looks a lot better, havin something to focus helped her a lot, and once her mind  picked a target she will follow it until she got it.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Riley can search for Torrance," Cypher replied. "If I'm going to ask him where your brother is its probably better if you're with me, especially if he finds something."

"Fine," Riley said. "Plus she gets to see that fancy car of yours you've been hiding away all this time," he said, laughing slightly.

Haztur

Clarice nods, even if she is afraid of hoping for the ebst just to have her hopes brought down like a card house "ok lets go..." then with more interest "fancy car?" Sounds interesting."

*Clarice approaches Riley and kiss her inthe cheek. "and you be careful, and get some sleep before you crash again."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"He has a car that there are only four of in the whole world," Riley said, laughing. "He never did tell me how he got the money to buy the thing though. And don't worry, I have an old bunk bed I use sometimes."

"I'll bring it round to the front," Cypher said. "It'll be hard to miss." He vanished out the back, a few minutes later a black, flashy looking sports car pulled up outside. Cypher got out, holding the door open for Clarice.

Haztur

Clarice goes out of the coffee shop and before getting into the car lookat Cypher "you do like to travel with style... how is that no one has found you considering this is quite notorious?"

She lets herself  be guided to her seat and wait for Cypher to come inside. "But its a beautiful car, I give you that."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I'm a coffee shop owner," Cypher said, laughing. "The only other people who own one are a foreign prince, a soccer star and some hotshot lawyer so its the perfect cover ironically enough."

He drove off, taking twenty minutes to reach a small run down apartment next to an old baseball pitch. Sat outside on the steps was a young man playing a harmonica who nodded in greeting to Cypher.

"Who's the girl?" the boy asked. "You know he doesn't like unfamiliar visitors."

"She's fine," Cypher replied. "I wouldn't bring her here if I thought she was a risk." He turned to Clarice. "Clarice, meet Aaron, Myst's bodyguard. Looks harmless enough right now but he can shoot fire from his hands, really not someone to mess with if you're smart."

Haztur

"If you say so," was Clarice only answer to Cypher's description of his cover, there was sarcasm on her voice, which was good she was recovering her humor, at least until she saw the young man, as she saw him she could see a brief flash of the man burning something or someone with his hands, his eyes shining with power. It was strange, this flashes had not come like that... not until she got her brother's necklace.

"Don't worry Cypher, I am a smart girl." said Clarice as she left the security of the car, "I am also curious if people with hot personalities can actually handle the heat." Her movements sexy as she looks at him, knowing beforehand without even watching at the future that the boy will become nervous, he might be a pyrokinet but she was a fire he could not handle and she wanted him to know that, childish perhaps but it let her retain her confidence  as theyclosed toward the man that would tell if her brother was dear or alive.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I'd be very careful with the kid," a man said, seemingly emerging from the wall in front of them. "If it wasn't for the fact Myst cleared you already you'd both be dead by now."

"Ah, this would be Chameleon," Cypher said, an apologetic smile on his face. "Myst's OTHER bodyguard. He's the reason even when the CIA think they've found Myst their agents have a tendency to...uh...'disappear'." He turned to Chameleon. "Is he in the back bedroom?" Chameleon nodded. "Whatever house he hides in its always the same bedroom, never figured out why."

Chameleon opened the door, beckoning them inside.

Haztur

Clarice saw that Myst was quite safe and decided not to make any other funny remarks, she was nervous, bt at meeting the man himself, but of what he could say.

But as they move toward the door she just let Cypher know her opinion. "There are a lot of happy trigger folks out here, I suppose the problems are a lot bigger than what you have let me know."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"There are very dangerous people who'd exploit Myst's powers for their own ends if they could find him," Cypher said as they headed up the stairs. "Aaron can deal with most threats and the few who get past him don't get past Chameleon. Aaron's the only person who I've met who's taken on Breaker and made him retreat, he's still got the scars from his run-in with our pyro friend out there."

They approached the door and Cypher was about to knock when a voice called from within.

"Come in," it called out. "I've been expecting you."

Cypher opened the door to a well-lit room where a man in his thirties was sat in a chair in the centre of the room, facing them. He seemed unremarkable, but on closer inspection his eyes were milky white, giving him an eery appearnace.

"I'm sorry," Myst said, standing to greet them. "My guards are wary of anyone they don't recognise, they would not attack without my instructions though."

"This is..."

"Clarice," Myst said. "I know already. It is a pleasure to meet you, even if I can't actually see you."

Haztur

Clarice only nodded to Cypher's words, she fully realiced she was like Alice in Wonderland, falling through a hole so deep she had already lost track of it, and as she had expected Myst was able to know when meta humans get close to him.

She become giddy and really nervous as the crossed the door, she expected, well she didn't know what to expect, but the eerily milky white eyes did surprise her.

As Cypher presented her she readied to offer her hand to the blind man, but she stopped as the man both knew her name and the notion of offering her hand to a blind man felt on her head as absurd as he would not see it.

"My pleasure Mr. Myst, it was not my intention to cause troubles out there..." again Clarice felt like a little girl, nervous and expectant, as if expected to be chastised by her grandfather, but tried to recover her own control. "If you know who I am, then you know why we came?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Indeed I do," he asked, pointing to two other chairs in the room. "The boy is safe, he found Milo and as Cypher will tell you Milo is about as safe as place for him to be as possible right now. But I know he is not your main concern, you don't need me to find the boy."

"Her brother," Cypher said. "We aren't even sure he's alive so..."

"He is," Myst replied. "But he is hiding, I have tried searching for him before, he is...an old friend of mine. The closest I can get to his location is the middle of Nevada. I can try again if you want me to though."

Haztur

Clarice listen as the man reveals that the boy is safe feeling happy for the kid, but she becomes tense as soon as Cypher ask for her brother, for long moment she doesn't realise she has been holding her breath until she heards that her bother is safe, breathing with relief after the good news. but whn she is asked if she wants Myst to look for him again, she becomes afraid and unsure.

"What if we bring attention to wherever is he hiding? we might get him into trouble, don't we?" Clarice says aloud. "Just be sure he is safe, if we have the chance to look for him, well we always would have a chance later, don't we?" As they are planning to get themselves in alot of troubles Clarice is thinking that if her brother is safe, she wants to have him remain so. If not, well, that is entirely another matter.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"He is," Myst said, a smile playing across his lips. "I sense someone very powerful is with him, I think they are why I cannot lock onto his position."

"I know who he's with," Cypher said, laughing. "There's only one person on the planet with powers that could do that." He turned to Clarice. "If he's with who I think he is your brother is more than safe. Myst, if he makes contact with you can you..."

"Of course," Myst replied. "I have ways of reaching you if I have any messages for you."

Haztur

Clarice field deeply relieved, knowing finally that her brother was not only alive but in good hands.

"Good, and thanks Mr. Myst." said Clarice to the blind man, for a moment wanting to give him a  hug, but don't knowing how the guards dog or he himself would take it.

"I suppose it would be better for us to continue our own work then, time apparently is an asset we don't have in great numbers." said Clarice smiling her confidence returning to her in full force.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

There was a sudden commotion from outside.

"Cypher," came a shout from Chameleon downstairs. "You have a visitor." Cypher rushed downstairs in time to see Chameleon with his hand round the throat of a young man who was vainly trying to escape his grip.

"Drop him Chameleon," Cypher said. "He's not here for Myst." Chameleon let him down gently if reluctantly.

"My name is..." the man started saying.

"Torrance," Cypher said. "You've got your sister's eyes, I'd recognise you anywhere. Its not safe to talk here though."

Haztur

((lol, ok now I understand the part of the story becoming confusing :P))

Clarice observes the young man that Chamaleon drags from the neck, just to think 'there goes the plan of getting the information out of him.' Instead she crosses her arms expecting to learn what brings the man here, of course if he is still with the CIa she could already say good bye to her career and what she could find there.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Clarice," Cypher said. "This is Chris Torrance, the guy we've been looking for. I need you to take him to the cafe just down the road from here. I'll meet you there but I need to speak to Myst about something in private and I'll phone Riley to meet us there."

"I'm sorry Cypher," Chris said, shaking slightly. "But there's stuff you need to know, I couldn't-"

"Don't worry about it Chris," Cypher said, interrupting it. "I promised your sister I'd keep you safe, I'm not about to go back on that."

Haztur

Clarice smiled to the man as she moved toward the door, "its ok Cypher I will take him there. Can I drive?" But as she walked out she could fill that everything was spiralling out of control... "btohers and sistersin the middle of all of this... the plot thickens."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Okay," he said, throwing her the keys. "Just try and avoid scratches, not that you'd probably see anything in that paintwork." He headed back into the house, leaving the others stood outside.

"They always tell me I look like my sister," Torrance said, looking down at his feet.

"She'd be proud of you," Aaron said, putting an arm around him. "Don't worry, we all miss her, I'll make sure he pays for what happened to her if we ever cross paths again."

Haztur

Clarice grabs the keys in the air without problem "oh don't worry I will see them coming."

As Torrence and her left the building she spoke to him "I am sorry for your sister," shakes her head beafore he is even able to answer "I didn't know her, but I know what is to lose family, so I know your feelings." Clarice said even if she knew that her brother was now safe.

Clarice le abre la puerta al joven Torrence para sentarse al volante, "por cierto me dicen que tu sabes que es arcangel, te molestaria educarme al respecto?" le dice clarice con su sonrisa mas inocente posible.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

He climbed in, putting his seatbelt on and thinking for a moment.

"Archangel doesn't just refer to the ship itself, there's something on board it. Something the ship's crew were ordered to deliver to our time," Torrance said. "If anyone in the CIA knows what it is they're keeping very quiet about it, except that, from what I can gather, its not an object, its a living creature."